immgunn_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Unfortunately.alphonsus_imp said:The comments section is depressing. Seems that most people just don't get the purpose of this bike at all. Do so many people really believe that hp/$ is the most important characteristic of a motorcycle?
I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.alphonsus_imp said:The comments section is depressing. Seems that most people just don't get the purpose of this bike at all. Do so many people really believe that hp/$ is the most important characteristic of a motorcycle?

I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.drodg58_imp said:I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.alphonsus_imp said:The comments section is depressing. Seems that most people just don't get the purpose of this bike at all. Do so many people really believe that hp/$ is the most important characteristic of a motorcycle?
I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.MikeOxbig_imp said:I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.drodg58_imp said:I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.alphonsus_imp said:The comments section is depressing. Seems that most people just don't get the purpose of this bike at all. Do so many people really believe that hp/$ is the most important characteristic of a motorcycle?
I actually enjoy the fact that many people underestimate this bike. I laugh when people look at the specs and say "costs too much" and "not enough power." Sure, on paper, this bike may not look all that impressive, but some things you just can't measure and calculate.
The CB is a true gem, and in a way a "sleeper" that many people may overlook, almost like a secret that no one knows about. They're the ones missing out. Do you really want to see a million others riding the same bike as us? I don't....

I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.drodg58_imp said:I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.alphonsus_imp said:The comments section is depressing. Seems that most people just don't get the purpose of this bike at all. Do so many people really believe that hp/$ is the most important characteristic of a motorcycle?
Motogeezer1949_imp said:I build and ride what I like. I don't really give a crap about what others think or say. To me, the CB is a primo platform for owners to enjoy as is or personalize to make their own.
As it is however, nobody that's looked at my sons old bike has said a derogatory word![]()
:beerchug:I just chopped the whole rear half of the fender off with an angle grinder, cheap plastic taillight housing and all. Of course, it was a bit of a necessity after I'd flipped the bike (and myself) end-for-end at 45 mph.EmptySea_imp said:The tail light housing is plastic. The rear fender is chromed metal.
There a number of mods available to change the tail light housing, if that's an issue. For me, I just cleaned up the license plate mounting and got the look I wanted.

As do I. It has been my experience that such statements are invariably made by children with little or no experience at the squealing edge of a motorcycle's performance envelope. On the internet, it's likely many of the most vocal don't even know how to ride a motorcycle.MikeOxbig_imp said:I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.drodg58_imp said:I know it is so sad that so many people think hp is the sum of a motorcycle. I don't mind the cafe racer remarks as that is such a growing segment that has brought fun back to motorcycling.alphonsus_imp said:The comments section is depressing. Seems that most people just don't get the purpose of this bike at all. Do so many people really believe that hp/$ is the most important characteristic of a motorcycle?
I actually enjoy the fact that many people underestimate this bike. I laugh when people look at the specs and say "costs too much" and "not enough power." Sure, on paper, this bike may not look all that impressive, but some things you just can't measure and calculate.
The CB is a true gem, and in a way a "sleeper" that many people may overlook, almost like a secret that no one knows about. They're the ones missing out. Do you really want to see a million others riding the same bike as us? I don't....
Ha, I thought the same thing. People act like modding a cb750 was the only reason to own one. I bought a CB1100 because it had the most aesthetic appeal to me off the showroom floor with no need for aftermarket parts. I did my homework and I knew there were faster bikes for the money, but that's not what I wanted and Honda wasn't reaching for that with this design. I suppose no position goes unsupported for long though...alphonsus_imp said:The comments section is depressing. Seems that most people just don't get the purpose of this bike at all. Do so many people really believe that hp/$ is the most important characteristic of a motorcycle?