Wyvern 4-in-1 Titanium

j3gq_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Would anybody let me know if he has installed the Wyvern 4-in-1 Titanium on his CB1100, regardless of the CB/s model or year, please ?

This exhaust is over 10kg lighter than stock (for the EX), said to be compatible with the main stand, does not interfere with drain plug or filter, and looks really great. My problem ? Dealer websites show inconsistent or incomplete data (sometimes because of poor, automated translations from Japanese) and I really don't wonna spend 1700 bucks on sth which doesn't meets my needs - then ship it back and wait 6 months for my refund.

If some one had it already installed I could really need some first hand advice.
 
I had the Wyvern 4-4 installed on my Standard.

The pluses:
Great looks… nostalgic…makes the bike look more retro
Great sound
Pipes come with an 02 sensor eliminator and crossover plug or you can connect the sensor just like stock pipe

The negatives:
Center stand has to be removed (that was not an issue to me… i bought a scissor jack to lift the bike for chain maintenance)
Left header has to be removed each oil change…blocks the
Oil drain plug. New exhaust gasket needed each time it’s removed.
All 4 exhausts pipes have to be removed for rear tire changes

I have mine polished and boxed (headers and cross over pipe have been “jet-hot” coated-they will turn) and have yet not decided whether to replace the Pipemasters 4-4 that came on the DLX.

I never regretted having the Wyverns on my standard.
If I don’t use them, I’ll sell them at some point in time.

There is a difference in Wyverns for the Standard vs the DLX. Standard crossover has one port; Deluxe has two ports. Mine will work on my DLX because it has 02 sensor eliminators. The sensor eliminators can be purchased separately. Or samurider will sell the DLX crossover pipe separate. I confirmed they will fit a DLX and got a quote from Mr.T.

It’s about a 2 hr job to switch pipes. The biggest obstacle is the double spring on the center stand.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
b6023598b7c9e01145ffc7549e710d39.jpg

(Picture wouldn’t post with the above comments)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
It helps a lot, but also shows the potential drawbacks. One site I found "seems to" show that in case of the 4-in-1 the first 3, may be even all 4 of the negatives aren't a factor. But the way the information is presented, I find it hard to rely on. Anyway, thanks a lot, mtneers.
 
Thread starter
Nobody with a Wyvern 4-1 on a CB1100 ?
or least somebody who has seen it and remembers details ?
 
Lots of pictures here-

r's gear : Wyvern Classic Titanium Single Megaphone Type [WH24-01TI]

And the last one shows the center stand-


88515314f225e67d49eb0a99a84977c5.jpg

This page is interesting as well- has dyno charts for the 4-1 / 4-2 / 4-4

The scaling isn't the same- but pick various RPM and compare- https://www.rsgear.co.jp/products/1948/

50e68f1959465eddc89d7d5f31830493.jpg


8eddd278a65af205d97491003fc30b55.jpg


3b3bf374c117c5cff82102100fb52374.jpg



The 4-4 makes more very early low in the RPM until 2k RPM when the 4-1 catches up and leads all options the rest of the way- especially with it having a commanding lead at 4k RPM. Right where it counts IMO.

Results match up pretty close between the 4-1 and 4-2 around 5500-6k with the 4-1 being slightly ahead overall.

So-

4 into 4- quite a bit less power everywhere (who rides below 2k?)- and more weight- but probably looks and sounds great.

4-2 - probably best overall for those that want good looks on both sides of the bike and power.

4-1 - best outright power, least weight, less cost- for people that want all out performance.
 
For the minor differences in power gains vs money and effort - seems to me a second bike with more sporting aspirations; would be cheaper - with greater gains. Especially if you bought an older super bike.

But you'd have to have the room for the 2nd bike (or third of forth or........ :^) ).

But for looks, dang, the 4 into 4's are compelling. Just not THAT compelling for me. Your mileage may very.
 
Depends how much you value the look / style of this bike.

Could I buy a faster bike? Sure.

Did you know you can buy plenty of soccer mom suv that are faster and handle better than the ‘60’s muscle cars?

Still see plenty of them around though.

It’s not about money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
All you say is correct, Rboe, I guess what I want is a CB1100 EX, as light as by all means possible. Already ejected tubes and some other stuff, and these 10-15 extra pounds of weight loss would please me even more.
Have you ever felt how different she feels with an (almost) empty tank ?
So ... Why I am not buying? Can’t find any noice measurements...
 
I can speak up as somebody whos gone through with this modification and been very happy with it. However, I didn't use the wyvern. I went even lighter. I ended up with the Motogear titanium headers and a delkevic 8" round end can. I certainly spent a lot, but it wasnt nearly as much as some other titanium exhausts available for our bike. The result was a satisfying open exhaust sound, a whole lot of weight shaved off, and a really eye catching look. Worth it? Oh yea. It wasnt the only modification I made but it stands on its own.
 
Lighter wheels would probably make the biggest difference- at a great cost.

Swingarm could shave several pounds as well.

Lots of other stuff could delete - rear passenger area of 'step' mount. Center stand, sprockets are steel, battery could be lighter, charcoal canister / evap, etc... but all that is definitely chasing diminishing returns. Better off to diet. :)
 
Thread starter
The last seems the hardest, PD, may be I should insist the pillion stays at home, ... less flash, but more dash ...
 
Thread starter
just keeping this thread alive in order to see if somebody installed the Wyvern 4-in-1 but didn’t see my question
 
Does Wyvern make a titanium 4 into 1?
 
Technically 'Wyvern' is the model.

R's Gear is the company who makes it.

And the full name of R's gear is Earl's Gear-Online Shop

Official site アールズ・ギア [Fun to Ride]

Honda stuff- https://www-rsgear-co-jp.translate....x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp
Cormanus_imp said:
Does Wyvern make a titanium 4 into 1?


According to these pages- yes.

https://www-rsgear-co-jp.translate....x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp


https://www-rsgear-co-jp.translate....x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp
 
Thanks Dubs. I searched and couldn’t find it.
 
Off topic; but I clicked on the link and found the Honda GB350S - oh my, I'd buy that bike!


Japan gets so many cool Honda's.
 
It may be obvious, but it's escaping me. What is the ALL STD against which these are being compared? I'm assuming it's the stock exhaust?

And sure, I may be encroaching on geezer territory, but the only place on these charts that I'd likely ever notice a difference is the torque between 2K and 3K in my daily riding...and there anyway, the 4-4 is enough of an advantage over stock (if indeed that's what the blue curve is) that it may be noticeable.
 
Back
Top