Wrist Pain Relief

chandler_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
After reading a few different threads last night, I bought grip puppies, a cramp buster, and a go cruise throttle lock. Anyone have all three of these on their bike? Is this overkill? I have a three day trip planned in about a week and I need some relief to make it through.


2013 Honda CB1100
 
byside from this stuff....every hour a short brake and any steps around your bike...

another option needs time :Muscle training belly/ back, shoulder arms should be loose for biking , so too no pressure on the wrist
 
Make sure you adjust your grip while riding so that your wrist is not bent or cocked when cruising, and remember loose is good in wrist, elbows and shoulders.
 
No grip pups but I have the cramp buster and a brake away throttle lock
 
chandler_imp said:
After reading a few different threads last night, I bought grip puppies, a cramp buster, and a go cruise throttle lock. Anyone have all three of these on their bike? Is this overkill? I have a three day trip planned in about a week and I need some relief to make it through.


2013 Honda CB1100
I bought all three.

First to go was the throttle lock. The throttle lock is not cruise control. So in 6th gear up a hill the bike slows down, sometimes requiring a down shift and twist of the throttle. Down a hill it speeds up, sometimes requiring a downshift and twisting the throttle closed or braking or both.

Alright on a straight flat road with no traffic if you want to take your hands off the bars to adjust a piece of riding gear or some electronic device. Needless to say this could be dangerous if a critter darts across the road in front of you.

The cramp buster was the second to go. To adjust it so you can wiggle the numb fingers of your throttle hand, means you really have to twist your wrist a lot forward to stop suddenly. Usually results in more braking needed and an engine screaming at the stop.

GRIP PUPPIES! Honda handlegrips are small in diameter and rock hard. Your throttle hand will cramp up within an hour. I treat myself to a new pair of Grip Puppies (not the imitators) every year along with a pair of deerskin gloves. They eliminate the throttle hand cramping and the need for either the throttle lock or cramp buster.

But I still have both (somewhere?) because the postage cost makes them impossible to sell second hand.
 
I have a long history of wrist problems from too much time working on computers and playing guitar, etc. I almost gave up riding because there was no bike modification that seemed to help (other than making sure that your riding position does not result in too much weight on your wrist) and the pain was compromising my ability as a musician. Then, at the advice of a doctor, I started wearing wrist braces while sleeping and my world changed for the better. The idea is that you have to allow your wrists to heal when you are sleeping so they must be kept straight. If you are often waking up with your hands asleep, then I highly recommend you give this a try. Oh, and the Grip Puppies are essential too. These are the best braces that I have found.

Amazon.ca
 
Thread starter
guitar gord_imp said:
I have a long history of wrist problems from too much time working on computers and playing guitar, etc. I almost gave up riding because there was no bike modification that seemed to help (other than making sure that your riding position does not result in too much weight on your wrist) and the pain was compromising my ability as a musician. Then, at the advice of a doctor, I started wearing wrist braces while sleeping and my world changed for the better. The idea is that you have to allow your wrists to heal when you are sleeping so they must be kept straight. If you are often waking up with your hands asleep, then I highly recommend you give this a try. Oh, and the Grip Puppies are essential too. These are the best braces that I have found.

Amazon.ca

I have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists. The doctor gave me the wrist straps, but I haven’t used them. They’re so bulky! I think it’s time I stop complaining and try them out.
Thanks!


2013 Honda CB1100
 
chandler_imp said:
guitar gord_imp said:
I have a long history of wrist problems from too much time working on computers and playing guitar, etc. I almost gave up riding because there was no bike modification that seemed to help (other than making sure that your riding position does not result in too much weight on your wrist) and the pain was compromising my ability as a musician. Then, at the advice of a doctor, I started wearing wrist braces while sleeping and my world changed for the better. The idea is that you have to allow your wrists to heal when you are sleeping so they must be kept straight. If you are often waking up with your hands asleep, then I highly recommend you give this a try. Oh, and the Grip Puppies are essential too. These are the best braces that I have found.

Amazon.ca

I have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists. The doctor gave me the wrist straps, but I haven’t used them. They’re so bulky! I think it’s time I stop complaining and try them out.
Thanks!


2013 Honda CB1100

I have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists. The doctor gave me the wrist straps, but I haven’t used them. They’re so bulky! I think it’s time I stop complaining and try them out.
Thanks!


2013 Honda CB1100
Carpal tunnel syndrome has to be the biggest BS injury going. Wait! Hear me out before attacking me.

My body is pretty beat up but I had a very physically demanding job in which debilitating injuries are common so my current situation is not all that surprising. But if you're a guy (or girl) who has worked a desk job your whole life you don't really expect to suffer a potentially career ending injury that also affects virtually every aspect of your life.

I guess I see it as particularly nasty affliction because you don't really see it coming. Those that suffer from it have my sincerest sympathy.
 
The best grips are of elliptical shape, which are thicker in the middle of their length...and fit perfectly your "closed" palm..if I expressed myself correctly.
I had them on my 50cc racer in the end of seventies.... and lately saw them again on Lash, 2014 blue CB that he traded in for his new 2018 Wing...
Lash, speak out about your grips more precisely, please...

Thanks

pb
 
chandler_imp said:
guitar gord_imp said:
I have a long history of wrist problems from too much time working on computers and playing guitar, etc. I almost gave up riding because there was no bike modification that seemed to help (other than making sure that your riding position does not result in too much weight on your wrist) and the pain was compromising my ability as a musician. Then, at the advice of a doctor, I started wearing wrist braces while sleeping and my world changed for the better. The idea is that you have to allow your wrists to heal when you are sleeping so they must be kept straight. If you are often waking up with your hands asleep, then I highly recommend you give this a try. Oh, and the Grip Puppies are essential too. These are the best braces that I have found.

Amazon.ca

I have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists. The doctor gave me the wrist straps, but I haven’t used them. They’re so bulky! I think it’s time I stop complaining and try them out.
Thanks!


2013 Honda CB1100
What i thought was Carpal tunnal and numness in fingers and hands going to sleep when i went to bed turned out to be ruptured discs!

I have severe carpal tunnel in both wrists. The doctor gave me the wrist straps, but I haven’t used them. They’re so bulky! I think it’s time I stop complaining and try them out.
Thanks!


2013 Honda CB1100
 
Back
Top