Wow!

VLJ_imp said:
https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Honda-CB1100-122423882

Brand-spankin' new, for $4,288?

Someone here has to jump on this.
Not actually $4288. But may still be a decent price after the below...

From the dealer's web site:
Price plus ADM (additional dealer mark-up) which includes, but is not limited to, freight, set up, dealership insurance, storage fees, pre-delivery inspection, dealer profit, fuel surcharges and transportation costs incurred by dealer. Dealer to retain any/all factory to dealer incentives.
 
Reality check: It's a leftover 4 year old bike that didn't sell well even when it was a current model. Instead of being able to sell it on its unique features and heritage styling, the dealer is now forced to dump it. If I were him, I'd position it next to a new '17 EX and make the value argument. Someone will get a great deal on a great bike.
 
I think you should all look at the second picture of the bike. It's telling us something or it's one very special machine. :P
 
At that price, I think Cormanus should buy it and store in the US for him to ride when he visits. The key would be to have it stored somewhere close to a major international airport located in a part of the US that is likely to have the best possible whether when Australia is in its winter. Maybe he could find a forum member who lives 5 minutes from O'Hare Airport, who has some extra room in his garage, and who would be willing to keep the bike in riding condition in his absence. If he was especially lucky, the caretaker would not charge him for storing it.
 
:rofl:

MTC, would you be good enough to pass on my thanks to Mrs MTC for the generous offer of bike storage and care? Given my absences are likely to be long, keeping the bike in riding condition would be a significant undertaking requiring regular outings in company with another CB1100.

And, now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the garage to find a hammer so I can smash the piggy bank and start counting.
 
Bike is gone per salesman, he thinks with fees, freight, floor plan, paperwork it went for 6500 plus.
Said he had one more and is checking on the final price for that one
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
Bike is gone per salesman, he thinks with fees, freight, floor plan, paperwork it went for 6500 plus.
Said he had one more and is checking on the final price for that one
That's a really good price for a brand-new machine, albeit four model years old.
 
Mscb1100_imp said:
Bike is gone per salesman, he thinks with fees, freight, floor plan, paperwork it went for 6500 plus.
Said he had one more and is checking on the final price for that one
I'm wondering if the ads for super low prices are just to get the bike noticed. I called a dealer a week ago about a '14 standard supposedly selling for $6000 and he said that it had just sold, but they had just one more selling at $7000. A few days later and their website says they have 2 available at $7k.

Having said that, I think a couple of folks here did buy theirs right at 6k within the last year.

The dealership were I traded my CB in for a Street Twin is asking $7900 for my ex-CB100 w/ nearly 11k.
 
Just heard from the sales guy, the first cb listed in the 4200 range was purchased by the dealer at auction, and the remaining cb he has is listed at 6500 and with their fees will be just over 9000 out the door
 
EmptySea_imp said:
My initials are MTC
Interesting; I always thought some members called you "MTC" as a just an abbreviation for your handle.

I always pictured a dried lake bed, full of dinosaur bones and trilobites.

Another theory was the Mare Serenitatis, the landing place for Apollo 17.

Just vague notions.

And in the end, initials. Here I was imbuing your presence with all kinds of romantic and historic imagery, and all along it was initials.

Always go with the simplest solution. Occam's Razor every time.
 
Empty Sea was going to be the name of my boat. Well, it WAS that name of my boat although that boat was never formerly christened as such. It was a small sailboat that my dad bought me when I was a teen. I named it Empty Sea, but I never really told anyone that I had done so. It was just referred to in our house as "the sailboat" as opposed to "the fishing boat" or "the correct craft". I always thought I would have a bigger sailboat someday and I would have the name painted on the transom. Then a mortgage. Then kids. Then motorcycles. Then kids' college. Then no "Empty Sea" for MTC.

"Occam's Razor" would be a good name for a sailboat, I think.
 
Back
Top