Wow, we pay for weight and performance

This wouldn't add much weight, and certainly not performance...but it sure does look cool. What a lot of work that would be!

a793ca1c74449073c762287b662d4d3d.jpg
 
Jim21680_imp said:
This wouldn't add much weight, and certainly not performance...but it sure does look cool. What a lot of work that would be!

a793ca1c74449073c762287b662d4d3d.jpg
Kinda funny how much that actually changes the look of the bike. I actually like it alot better than black.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Agreed, the CB1100 kicks both of them (and I backed that up by buying one :) ). The Bonnie fit me very well, but the motor was a big disappointment. The V7 had more personality. Being a lot lighter it was also more flickable. But dang, it's smaller too and for my grasshopper legs that is tough.

Also agree that Guzzi's get under your skin.
Agree, and the V7 II is a bit better in the ergos department. Love everything about my '13 Stone but it was just too cramped for me. I'm gonna make the V7 II work. Just a need a 1" higher seat and I'm golden. The 6-speed tranny is a huge upgrade for this bike.
Jim21680_imp said:
This wouldn't add much weight, and certainly not performance...but it sure does look cool. What a lot of work that would be!

a793ca1c74449073c762287b662d4d3d.jpg
You stole that concept from the MG V7 Stornello, didn't you?
 
After seeing a Police CB450 from the early 70's in all white; I'll suggest that an off white frame would be even cooler than the red one (mainly because it's a bit much after a while on the V7 Racer and it seem popular with dirt bikes).
 
I actually just sold my CB500f for the CB1100. Loved the mpgs and the range, but it gets blown around like crazy on the highway and is at about 7k at 70, feels rushed and doesn't wanna be going any faster than that, really. It'll do it, but it's working too hard. Also, I don't love the sportbike looks, frankly. I LOVE the bike in town though, super quick, super nimble, I'll miss it I'm sure. That said I'm pretty psyched about the CB11. Looked at the V7 but it didn't offer anything but a bigger price tag over the CB500f (ignoring its amazing looks, but I had to be a little practical).
 
iamheero_imp said:
I actually just sold my CB500f for the CB1100. Loved the mpgs and the range, but it gets blown around like crazy on the highway and is at about 7k at 70, feels rushed and doesn't wanna be going any faster than that, really. It'll do it, but it's working too hard. Also, I don't love the sportbike looks, frankly. I LOVE the bike in town though, super quick, super nimble, I'll miss it I'm sure. That said I'm pretty psyched about the CB11. Looked at the V7 but it didn't offer anything but a bigger price tag over the CB500f (ignoring its amazing looks, but I had to be a little practical).

DOH!! Don't get me started......

Lessee, besides the stunning good looks you mention, ABS standard, traction control, loads of torque, no liquid cooling, very easy to work on engine layout, with a dry clutch and separate transmission oil, shaft drive, larger fuel tank and more displacement at about the same weight as the CB500f, mine does 4500rpm at 70mph, will do the ton easily. Plus that Guzzi exhaust note and torque reaction from the crankshaft when you blip the throttle. Mama Mia!!

Besides, the Honda's front from the side looks like a praying mantis from Transformers...fuuuuuugly. It's also cheaper because it's not even made in Japan (not that it makes it bad).

Nice move to the CB1100! :banana:

OK, rant off, back to the regularly scheduled thread....:D
 
Not sure about the red frame against the white, and I don't think a white frame would work either. Subjective of course. I think there needs to be a contrast, too much of the same colour is overpowering in my eyes, and too many different colours, unless a designed livery, are not good also.
So, the black frame gives the contrast without adding any other colour to the rest of the bike (which has many other black 'bits' ). It also accentuates the clean and beautiful lines of the tank/seat/side panels etc. So, black for me.

IMHO :rolleyes:

.....all a slight thread creep, but it has to look good to go fast :celebrate:
 
DaSwami_imp said:
iamheero_imp said:
I actually just sold my CB500f for the CB1100. Loved the mpgs and the range, but it gets blown around like crazy on the highway and is at about 7k at 70, feels rushed and doesn't wanna be going any faster than that, really. It'll do it, but it's working too hard. Also, I don't love the sportbike looks, frankly. I LOVE the bike in town though, super quick, super nimble, I'll miss it I'm sure. That said I'm pretty psyched about the CB11. Looked at the V7 but it didn't offer anything but a bigger price tag over the CB500f (ignoring its amazing looks, but I had to be a little practical).

DOH!! Don't get me started......

Lessee, besides the stunning good looks you mention, ABS standard, traction control, loads of torque, no liquid cooling, very easy to work on engine layout, with a dry clutch and separate transmission oil, shaft drive, larger fuel tank and more displacement at about the same weight as the CB500f, mine does 4500rpm at 70mph, will do the ton easily. Plus that Guzzi exhaust note and torque reaction from the crankshaft when you blip the throttle. Mama Mia!!

Besides, the Honda's front from the side looks like a praying mantis from Transformers...fuuuuuugly. It's also cheaper because it's not even made in Japan (not that it makes it bad).

Nice move to the CB1100! :banana:

OK, rant off, back to the regularly scheduled thread....:D
Lessee, besides the stunning good looks you mention, ABS standard, traction control, loads of torque, no liquid cooling, very easy to work on engine layout, with a dry clutch and separate transmission oil, shaft drive, larger fuel tank and more displacement at about the same weight as the CB500f, mine does 4500rpm at 70mph, will do the ton easily. Plus that Guzzi exhaust note and torque reaction from the crankshaft when you blip the throttle. Mama Mia!!
I loved riding it, don't get me wrong. I put about 100 miles on a demo model and really got to wring it out. Fuel tank is moot given the V7 drinks a lot faster than the CB, though. I already had the ABS though and the traction control is... not necessary to me (also those are only available on to v7ii) and that extra displacement wasn't very apparent in riding it; They make the same power, though the Guzzi has more torque. It also vibrates more due to the neat cylinder configuration, which is nice for a short ride but not so nice on a longer trip. Shaft is nice for a really long trip though. My little honda was no problem to work on at all, though I imagine getting to the cylinder heads is harder than the Guzzi :P So pluses and minuses all around. Can't remotely compare the looks, the CB500f is a turd in that department IMO.

I loved the sound, the character in its engineering and how it looked, and riding it. I didn't love the price, the performance wasn't enough (for more $$ than what I got the CB1100 for), though. I'd never knock the bike, I love them and it's #2 on my list for a reason (tied with that new Street Twin maybe), but the bike doesn't offer anything practical as far as power, mileage, safety equipment (given that I don't really want/need ESC), etc. over the CB I had.
 
It's all good! I wouldn't be razzing you if you still had the cb500f, but since you got rid of it that was the opening I needed.

For around $8K OTD, the CB1100 is cheaper by a few hundred bucks than the V7 II Stone right now, and it's simply too hard to pass that kind of deal up...DIRT cheap for what you are getting.

Enjoy your new ride.
 
I know of one fellow that rides his V7ii all over the Western US. Over 6 foot, pushing 80. The man is a machine. I still want a V7, but bought the CB instead of V7 for the reasons stated above. And I had a Griso so no need to have more Guzzi's in the herd. :)

But I may change that. CB1100 ain't going anywhere.
 
Back
Top