Wow, we pay for weight and performance

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
So what's new right?

Just finished reading the test of the new Honda CB 500F. 4.1 gal tak (2/10 more than ours) .... Estimated range 270 miles.... :-/

Then again it only makes 45 hp and 30 ft lbs of torque

The CB is totally worth it to me...I'll just stop at the gas station a little more :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
So what's new right?

Just finished reading the test of the new Honda CB 500F. 4.1 gal tak (2/10 more than ours) .... Estimated range 270 miles.... :-/

Then again it only makes 45 hp and 30 ft lbs of torque

The CB is totally worth it to me...I'll just stop at the gas station a little more :D
I checked it out. Too bad it looks like crap!
 
I possibly could go for that cb500X. I looked one over pretty good the other day. Would be my kind of winter rainmobile. But my garage is full and the cb1100 is way better anyway.
 
I read that Dos Equis is working on a new ad that has "The World's Most Interesting Man" riding up to a South Beach bar and loading two supermodels on the back of his CB1100. Apparently there's some controversy over promoting unsafe riding.

:D
 
Thread starter
How would you fit 2 more people back there? They must be skinny
 
Hello! They are Super Models! :P

I was hoping Honda came out with a 450-500 twin that looked like the CBR250. With round analog gauges.

Or perhaps a 450-500 parallel twin styled a lot like our CB1100's, or more like the original CB450 that was out in the early 70's.

I suspect if they did I'd have to get one; but I don't really need more bikes. :s
 
The ferret_imp said:
So what's new right?

Just finished reading the test of the new Honda CB 500F. 4.1 gal tak (2/10 more than ours) .... Estimated range 270 miles.... :-/

Then again it only makes 45 hp and 30 ft lbs of torque

The CB is totally worth it to me...I'll just stop at the gas station a little more :D
Just filled for 2nd time full mileage not bad at all::
124.6 miles 2.63 gals 47.3 mi per gal not bad for break-in
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I read that Dos Equis is working on a new ad that has "The World's Most Interesting Man" riding up to a South Beach bar and loading two supermodels on the back of his CB1100. Apparently there's some controversy over promoting unsafe riding.

:D
I crack open , every time he stares into the camera and says "stay thirsty my friends"... :D ha ha ha..
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I read that Dos Equis is working on a new ad that has "The World's Most Interesting Man" riding up to a South Beach bar and loading two supermodels on the back of his CB1100. Apparently there's some controversy over promoting unsafe riding.

:D
Who said they're on the back.
 
Hi ferret,

Did you get to see /sit on a naked honda 500f? I have a suzuki 500f that my kids occasionally wreck err ride - it has the sport bike lean that makes long rides uncomfortable. I wondr if the 500 'nf' has a neutral ride position. I have seen the cbr500's but not the naked version.

Thks!
 
Rboe_imp said:
Hello! They are Super Models! :P

I was hoping Honda came out with a 450-500 twin that looked like the CBR250. With round analog gauges.

Or perhaps a 450-500 parallel twin styled a lot like our CB1100's, or more like the original CB450 that was out in the early 70's.

I suspect if they did I'd have to get one; but I don't really need more bikes. :s
+1

TU 250 is a beautiful bike but that would be a hard adjustment going from my CB 750 to that. CB 1100 will cost me a lot more insurance here in Ontario, Canada because I pay by the cc.

I would love if Honda made a 500F in a naked configuration with retro headlight and dual binacle instrumentation.

I am thankful though that there are bikes like the the CB 1100, Triumph Bonneville, and Moto Guzzi V7. All motorcycles that look right to me. :D
 
In Canada, the V7 would be the bee's knee's. If I sell the Griso (and at this point I'm leaning towards not) a V7 would be high on my list. On paper the Triumph is the better machine, but once you ride both, the V7 has a much higher grin factor. Test rides rule!
 
Thread starter
ADMIT IT, you are just a Guzzi junkie Rboe. I drove a 750 Breva ( same motor as the V7 no?) and it had all grin factor of getting hit by a marshmellow in the rear. Was like riding a CX500 Honda, only I'm pretty sure the Honda was faster.After the test ride, I bought a Bonnie.

Trust me on this, it's not only on paper that the Bonnie is a better bike. Also trust me on THIS...The CB 11 kicks both their butts 7 ways from Sunday. ;)
 
Agreed, the CB1100 kicks both of them (and I backed that up by buying one :) ). The Bonnie fit me very well, but the motor was a big disappointment. The V7 had more personality. Being a lot lighter it was also more flickable. But dang, it's smaller too and for my grasshopper legs that is tough.

Also agree that Guzzi's get under your skin.
 
Rboe_imp said:
Agreed, the CB1100 kicks both of them (and I backed that up by buying one :) ). The Bonnie fit me very well, but the motor was a big disappointment. The V7 had more personality. Being a lot lighter it was also more flickable. But dang, it's smaller too and for my grasshopper legs that is tough.

Also agree that Guzzi's get under your skin.
I test rode a V7 with Agostini pipes prior to getting the CB. Talk about a visceral experience...the sway, the lash, the rumble. Much smaller and just made you want to tossed it around; however, I also found it too small (my legs actually cramped a couple of times).
 
Ya, that V7 is a tight fit for someone with a long inseam. Oddly enough, the Racer version with rear sets is a bit better. Still considering one, but the CB1100 is such a better choice on a couple of levels it's not going anywhere.
 
While I admit to being enamored with the Honda Grom the idea of putting a Ducati power plant in one never crossed my mind.

Yeah, the CB1100 "suffers" from a smaller fuel tank but that is a shortcoming I can live with, more opportunities to hydrate and stretch. A break every two hours is probably a good way to plan a trip.
 
Back
Top