Wow.... really inexpensive full 4-1 exhaust

PowerDubs_imp said:
ACP : EL Sound Short Tube Exhaust System [MF0314]


Anyone want a cheap way for some more sound, more power, and probably drop a few pounds?
I fitted this exhaust system about 5 years ago and removed it not long afterwards. Substantially lighter than stock, very easy to fit and sounded great however it had an issue. It hangs low on the right hand side restricting ground clearance scraping well before the foot peg touches down.
 
Aussieflyer_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
ACP : EL Sound Short Tube Exhaust System [MF0314]


Anyone want a cheap way for some more sound, more power, and probably drop a few pounds?
I fitted this exhaust system about 5 years ago and removed it not long afterwards. Substantially lighter than stock, very easy to fit and sounded great however it had an issue. It hangs low on the right hand side restricting ground clearance scraping well before the foot peg touches down.
I fitted this exhaust system about 5 years ago and removed it not long afterwards. Substantially lighter than stock, very easy to fit and sounded great however it had an issue. It hangs low on the right hand side restricting ground clearance scraping well before the foot peg touches down. Yea Inditx has first dibs but if you have this exhaust stateside already I'd be interested even with some scratches on it also.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
soulmachine_imp said:
That really seems like the way to go. But don't really see the point with a restricted ECU stuffing up the works...
Not sure I understand how this prevents some gain from un-restricting the exhaust?
Please educate me.
Thanks,
inditx
 
soulmachine_imp said:
That really seems like the way to go. But don't really see the point with a restricted ECU stuffing up the works...
There was a thread going where someone had figured out or was working on being able to flash the ECU ourselves with a computer/program but I dont remember who was working on it. Think it was maybe last year I was reading it.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
inditx_imp said:
soulmachine_imp said:
That really seems like the way to go. But don't really see the point with a restricted ECU stuffing up the works...
Not sure I understand how this prevents some gain from un-restricting the exhaust?
Please educate me.
Thanks,
inditx
Not sure I understand how this prevents some gain from un-restricting the exhaust?
Please educate me.
Thanks,
inditx

PowerDubs would be better able to explain this than I.
 
inditx_imp said:
Good to know Aussieflyer
Did you sell it?
inditx
Hi inditx,
No I didn't sell it and probably not a viable option given I'm in Melbourne Australia. I found a couple of images from years ago showing how low the system hangs and some of the scratches after that first ride ...

6c76076dcb6ebb7569fdf5297cf2b563.jpg


9f99bc25228d57aa8c37769b352aadb0.jpg


7cb5a5e4d32d276a78fca7f64a97b0f4.jpg
 
I use a service called pirateship but don't know if it includes international shipping.
I see the scrapes, did it go through the metal anywhere?
Anyway you could check to see how much to ship it to 66012?
Pirateship is CONUS and only shipments that originate stateside.
inditx
Good lookin bike btw!
I replied to your pm btw
 
Hey inditx, If you must have one of these exhausts I think you are better off buying one from Webike. I found their shipping was inexpensive, fast and reliable. I won't sell it if I gotta package and ship it. Would be different if you could just drive here and pick it up. Good luck with your project.
 
There were pictures of a few early CB1100, in 2013 or 2014 I think, which really stuck out. All black frame, fenders, tank, seat, wheels AND ... a black engine. Was it all OEM or custom, I am no longer sure. But if anybody has a bike like this please post a few pictures (again ?).
This exhaust and that bike would be and would have been my fav always by far.
 
Back
Top