Wow - nice looking Triumph Speed Twin

That is some machine. Oh boy. Very classy. I do like the effort in hiding the radiator. Minor, but I am not a fan of the instrumentation background faceplates. They seem to me - busy.

Yeah, like.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Specs are good, lighter weight than our Cb's with about the same horsepower. Should be a fun bike to ride on the street.

Visually it misses some marks for me, and it's not the tank seam. I don't give a hoot about the tank seam. For me the styling miscues are too much gap between the rear tire and the rear fender. Less gap and the seat sits flat, and the bottom of the tank paralleles the ground. Reminds me of the same miscue with the Ducati 1000, only the seat on the Triumph looks better. The rear fender/ tail light is too short/small and looks like a Preston Petty replacement on a mid 70's Yamaha enduro. For me the mini turnsignals with the clear lenses don't get it either. They may be led and bright (not sure) bit I actually like the look of turn signals and I can't see these. Also the master cylinder on the bars is a urine cup. Fine I think for a super sport replicating a track bike, but not for this. Now the instruments, the tach looks like a speedo and at first glance I wondered why the speedo had a redline, until I realized it was really a tach. So I look at the real speedo and wonder what the little flowery doily thing in the middle is? Also I think the info in the little square blocks in the instruments might be hard to read at a glance. Not sure would have to see them in person.

Otherwise a winner as far as I'm concerned.
Great. Thanks a lot. You just ruined the bike for me.

:@
 
I like it! Like G.O., I also think they did an excellent job minimizing the look of the radiator.

As soon as I saw the first pic, I immediately thought, "The Ferret's not going to like that gap between the wheel and the fender". :D :D

Overall, the gadgetry doesn't impress me (modes, traction control...) and I'm not sure what a "torque-assisted clutch" is, other than it seems to offer a lighter pull. That aside, the specs make this look like something I wouldn't mind having in the garage. Since it has a 270 degree crank, I'd expect it to be substantially smoother than it's 360 degree cousins. The power and weight specs make it look very attractive for a retro bike.

I think Triumph will do well with this bike.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Specs are good, lighter weight than our Cb's with about the same horsepower. Should be a fun bike to ride on the street.

Visually it misses some marks for me, and it's not the tank seam. I don't give a hoot about the tank seam. For me the styling miscues are too much gap between the rear tire and the rear fender. Less gap and the seat sits flat, and the bottom of the tank paralleles the ground. Reminds me of the same miscue with the Ducati 1000, only the seat on the Triumph looks better. The rear fender/ tail light is too short/small and looks like a Preston Petty replacement on a mid 70's Yamaha enduro. For me the mini turnsignals with the clear lenses don't get it either. They may be led and bright (not sure) bit I actually like the look of turn signals and I can't see these. Also the master cylinder on the bars is a urine cup. Fine I think for a super sport replicating a track bike, but not for this. Now the instruments, the tach looks like a speedo and at first glance I wondered why the speedo had a redline, until I realized it was really a tach. So I look at the real speedo and wonder what the little flowery doily thing in the middle is? Also I think the info in the little square blocks in the instruments might be hard to read at a glance. Not sure would have to see them in person.

Otherwise a winner as far as I'm concerned.
I think the same way that many late model BMWs include the same accessory.
 
Claiming the price to be around $12,200. I put myself on the "please call" list for a test ride when it comes in at my local shop. If it has room for my camping gear (can't see why it wouldn't as the CB has plenty) I may just have to get over the radiator.
 
Price for black model ~ $12,100, sooo that means the price for some color will most likely be close to ~ $13,000. Gonna be some tough decisions in the future.
 
I keep telling myself the same thing, but, I'm not a good listener. The reported weight (or lack of it) is what has me intrigued. I hope my test ride is uninspiring.
 
Triumph is a motorcycle company that is ‘firing on all cylinders’ right now. They were either fortunate enough to have the products available or management foresight or both to take advantage of the retro craze that’s currently in full swing. Nice looking bike!
 
The ferret_imp said:
so what did ya think?
The design is appealing. 17" mags, Brembo brakes, narrower and 70lb+ lighter than the CB1100 and the red/black colors work for me. The 3.8 gal tank would be a draw back. Worth the $12k asking price is the big issue because of the resell value drop off that occurred with the
CB1100. I might be more inclined to find a low mileage 2016-17 Street Twin for around $6k if I wanted to experience a Triumph. Have always owned strictly Japanese machines.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top