World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Tortuga_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I'm watching Uraguay lead Costa Rica as I type, trying to stay awake for the England vs Italy game at 23:00 hrs GMT.

Who are you guys supporting in the greatest football competition on Earth?
 
And back in the USA the world is watching the Spurs do what they do best by taking the title, with world players!
 
Thread starter
And I thought it was a myth that Americans were insular and small minded. Pfft.

I'm quite disappointed.

P.s. You're a lot closer to Brasilia than me, ironically.
 
I was flying home from NY yesterday, when suddenly there was this huge commotion on the plane. The guy in front of me was yelling like someone poked his eye. Startled the crap out of me. Turns out Delta was playing World Cup Boreball on the little video screens on the seatbacks. With the headsets it was really weird because there was no sound at all, just a bunch of people yelling and clapping whenever something happened in the game.

Weirdos.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
Todd_K_imp said:
Blood is thicker than water - cheering for the Brits over those Griso-building Italians.
Thanks mate!

Not looking great! I think we have a Mafia referee...
Thanks mate!

Not looking great! I think we have a Mafia referee...
Agreed. Cash is thicker than blood. I see a final match between Italy and brazil.
 
Thread starter
Sport is boring.

Patriotism is exciting.

If sport involves Patriotism then sport becomes exciting.

If all sport is only ever patriotic, and played in-house then it quickly becomes boring.

For these reasons I watch most if not all World Cup matches, and the same for the European Cup.

I don't watch any home league games, despite the fact that the English (not British) Premiership League is the absolute pinnacle of world football and filled with players from all the great nations.

I think I'll stick to boring oil threads and stuff, huh.
 
Ok guys, as popular as soccer is around the world, like the Famous Ferret thread, this one doesn't meet the standard for our forum as it is not motorcycle/ CB 1100 related. I will give it one hour then it will be deleted.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Ok guys, as popular as soccer is around the world, like the Famous Ferret thread, this one doesn't meet the standard for our forum as it is not motorcycle/ CB 1100 related. I will give it one hour then it will be deleted.
And as I stated on my reply to your reply on that thread, 'really Mickey!'

Come on, we are a mature community here and much as discussing mufflers and grip buddies is fun for a while, ultimately we are quickly become the 'one trick pony' narrowed down to the point of boredom. It's just becoming a little bit repetitive with people discussing the same old cuss over and over.

I would like to share me chatter, experiences and viewpoints with like-minded chaps of a similar age without the Nazi constraints of subject matter.

General Discussion is the most suitable looking thread-home for most of the 'conversational' topics, as the others are so specific.

If a 'cafe' or 'pub' or 'lounge' area can't be created, and the creative and humorous well intended inputs from the likes of me and others aren't welcome, then I will cease my contributions.

I expect a ban, but if this is my last post, may I just say...most forums aren't so limited once they've expanded.


Think 'Hells Angels'... Do you think they talk an out noting but custom bikes and leather 'colours'?
 
It's hard to be interested in world cup soccer when your country's coach assesses your team's chances as "unrealistic".
 
Thread starter
EmptySea_imp said:
It's hard to be interested in world cup soccer when your country's coach assesses your team's chances as "unrealistic".
That made me chuckle. Thanks for cheering me up! :D
 
Tortuga_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
It's hard to be interested in world cup soccer when your country's coach assesses your team's chances as "unrealistic".
That made me chuckle. Thanks for cheering me up! :D
That made me chuckle. Thanks for cheering me up! :D
Similar expectations from our National team, but last nights footy game against England was a good match; looking forward to the final test.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Ok guys, as popular as soccer is around the world, like the Famous Ferret thread, this one doesn't meet the standard for our forum as it is not motorcycle/ CB 1100 related. I will give it one hour then it will be deleted.
And as I stated on my reply to your reply on that thread, 'really Mickey!'

Come on, we are a mature community here and much as discussing mufflers and grip buddies is fun for a while, ultimately we are quickly become the 'one trick pony' narrowed down to the point of boredom. It's just becoming a little bit repetitive with people discussing the same old cuss over and over.

I would like to share me chatter, experiences and viewpoints with like-minded chaps of a similar age without the Nazi constraints of subject matter.

General Discussion is the most suitable looking thread-home for most of the 'conversational' topics, as the others are so specific.

If a 'cafe' or 'pub' or 'lounge' area can't be created, and the creative and humorous well intended inputs from the likes of me and others aren't welcome, then I will cease my contributions.

I expect a ban, but if this is my last post, may I just say...most forums aren't so limited once they've expanded.


Think 'Hells Angels'... Do you think they talk an out noting but custom bikes and leather 'colours'?
And as I stated on my reply to your reply on that thread, 'really Mickey!'

Come on, we are a mature community here and much as discussing mufflers and grip buddies is fun for a while, ultimately we are quickly become the 'one trick pony' narrowed down to the point of boredom. It's just becoming a little bit repetitive with people discussing the same old cuss over and over.

I would like to share me chatter, experiences and viewpoints with like-minded chaps of a similar age without the Nazi constraints of subject matter.

General Discussion is the most suitable looking thread-home for most of the 'conversational' topics, as the others are so specific.

If a 'cafe' or 'pub' or 'lounge' area can't be created, and the creative and humorous well intended inputs from the likes of me and others aren't welcome, then I will cease my contributions.

I expect a ban, but if this is my last post, may I just say...most forums aren't so limited once they've expanded.


Think 'Hells Angels'... Do you think they talk an out noting but custom bikes and leather 'colours'?

It's not my decision Tortuga. I will usually let something ride until I get a complaint, which in this case I did. At that point I can either follow the rules and dictates of the administrator or ignore them, which I am not eager to do.

Guth has stated several times, he set this forum up to be CB 1100 and motorcycle oriented and wants to keep it that way. Until he changes his mind, and institutes a forum for anything and everything, this is his show. He pays for it, he sets the rules, and it is my job to follow them.

Im sorry you feel this is Nazi ism but its not. This is a forum for the Cb1100 and motorcycles in general, not soccer, or bowling, or archery or astronomy, or mountain climbing.

If you want to talk about those other subjects, feel free to find a forum dedicated to such, or, start your own forum.

This forum has a particular narrow focus. A lot of people enjoy that fact. Believe me I get lots of pms thanking me for keeping the forum on focus. For now, that's just the way it is.
 
Well said. If we don't buy new mufflers, spark plugs or change oil. Then what do we post? Woke up went outside looked at my CB. We most have bought lots of parts and mods showed them off to our friends on here and bragged a little lol. I think I have said before I'm a member of 5 bike forums. But I use this one every day! All the others have lots of different category's to chat in. Why would some person complain if they saw this title about soccer? Why would they click on this thread and complain ? Makes no rime or reason to me. And I just now saw this thread and clicked on it. But I control my computer I could of skipped this thread and went on! Why why would a grown man click and complain? Nonsense that's all. By the way CB rules
 
Back
Top