Workshop manual

Appy_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi
Does anyone have a workshop manual for a 2018 cb1100. As I believe the valve timing may be different for the older model. Here in Britain this model is not popular so finding an upto date manual is difficult.
 
Appy,
I recently ordered a manual from Helminc.com. Even though my bike is a UK 2019, the most recent manual I could find was the 2013-2017 Honda Service Manual for CB1100/A/SA/CA/NA. Date of issue is March 2017. The code is 61MGC02. I was visiting the USA and got it sent to my hotel. Postage to the UK might be a bit steep. Send me a private message if you have any questions.

Simon
 
Thread starter
spechg_imp said:
Appy,
I recently ordered a manual from Helminc.com. Even though my bike is a UK 2019, the most recent manual I could find was the 2013-2017 Honda Service Manual for CB1100/A/SA/CA/NA. Date of issue is March 2017. The code is 61MGC02. I was visiting the USA and got it sent to my hotel. Postage to the UK might be a bit steep. Send me a private message if you have any questions.

Simon
Hi Simon
Have you found any differences between your bike and the manual. my valve clearances are due soon and I don't want to get it wrong or pay the high price for dealership servicing
 
Appy,
As a newcomer to motorbikes I got the manual in the hope that I might learn something, and to help with torque values etc when I do its first service.
For info, the valve clearances for the '13-'16 model and the "After '16" model are the same:
IN 0.15 + or - 0.03 (0.006 + or - 0.001)
EX 0.28 + or - 0.03 (0.011 + or - 0.001)
This is probably of no use to you as it doesn't cover the '18 model as such!
Simon
 
Appy , if you need a 2013/2017 workshop manual I can order one for you here in the USA and send it on to you.
I do NOT know if your 2018 has different specs.
 
The timing my be slightly different (I haven't seen any technical data that suggests this), but the specified clearances surely have not changed over the years.
 
According to what is available on the web the latest manual is from 2017;







If you have not done so already have a look at this thread abt valve clearances and when to check ( honda has recently doubled the check requirement intervals )

http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread....82&page=12

and this spreadsheet ( which appears to be locked but hopefully can be accessed with this link;

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oqQaAxkDBnJMwaupL8ctle85ThCTLYdyiFWDyKVbJ3I/edit?usp=sharing]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oqQaAxkDBnJMwaupL8ctle85ThCTLYdyiFWDyKVbJ3I/edit?usp=sharing


Cheers
 
Back
Top