Wiring diagram for turn signals.

kmoney_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just wondering if anyone with a service manual has the wiring diagram for the front turn signal setup.

I'm looking to swap the stock signals for some Rizoma Club L position/indicator lights. These run dual LEDs with white position lights on all the time, switching to orange flashing indicators only when you signal. On the CB though the front signal lights are always on and then flash when the signal is engaged. Not sure how to wire the Rizomas into this this setup.

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
If your bike is a 2013 I can scan and send you the diagram in a jpg. PM or email your email address and if you bike is ABS or not (separate diagrams)

Can't post the scans here as they are copyrighted.
 
Not sure you can get there from here, kmoney...

There are just two wires going into the front turn signals: G=ground, O/W=Left and G=ground, LB/W=Right.

You'll need to deal with the TURN SIGNAL/POSITION RELAY (TS/PR) underneath the gas tank.
It's the TS/PR that controls the running lights (amber on all the time) and turn signal light.
If you option to wire past the TS/PR, your likely to loose your 4-Way flasher function.

TINK
 
Tink,

I sent him the diagram last night. So with that and your help, hopefully he will be good.
 
I found the colors reversed on my 2014 DLX, versus my 2013 Std. Voltmeter check helps. Critical for LEDs, but not normal light bulbs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
I found the colors reversed on my 2014 DLX, versus my 2013 Std. Voltmeter check helps. Critical for LEDs, but not normal light bulbs.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I apologize in advance for resurrecting an old thread, but this post is the only one my search came up with regarding the same issue I encountered today. During rear indicator replacement, I too found the rear wires on my DLX reversed in color (to what was in my '13 service manual - still waiting on '14 manual to arrive). Green was definitely the hot wire (two blown fuses and then meter verified - duh!).

I'm tearing into the fronts to replace them tomorrow... so the million dollar question is: are the colors reversed on those as well with green being 12V on the DLX?
 
On our bikes, green is ground.

On the DLX wiring diagram, green is ground. Both turn signal sets are green is ground. Interestingly, the horn ground wires are black/green.

I haven’t seen any reports of mispinning on the front, but one never knows. When they build a harness any connector could get mispinned. Its always good practice to check with a meter when doing work just to be sure.

Most likely the rear signal connectors are pinned incorrectly. If Honda makes cables like a lot of aircraft companies it could even be the same person that messed up all the affected bikes.

If it really bothers you, you could swap the pins. It is very easy to depin the connector and then just plug them back in correctly. Getting to them is a tad of a PIA. They are under the battery box on the left side in a big boot with other connectors. Removing the side cover and anything else there to get space helps too.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
On our bikes, green is ground.

On the DLX wiring diagram, green is ground. Both turn signal sets are green is ground. Interestingly, the horn ground wires are black/green.

I haven’t seen any reports of mispinning on the front, but one never knows. When they build a harness any connector could get mispinned. Its always good practice to check with a meter when doing work just to be sure.

Most likely the rear signal connectors are pinned incorrectly. If Honda makes cables like a lot of aircraft companies it could even be the same person that messed up all the affected bikes.

If it really bothers you, you could swap the pins. It is very easy to depin the connector and then just plug them back in correctly. Getting to them is a tad of a PIA. They are under the battery box on the left side in a big boot with other connectors. Removing the side cover and anything else there to get space helps too.
Thanks Pop, for the reply. I’ve worked on enough 12V systems that I was confident green was ground without even considering doing more research. I never tought a mispin on a terminal block would be the culprit until I saw it mentioned in this thread. The fronts were correctly wired so it appears at least a handful of DLX’s received a “special” rear set-up complements of an early Monday or late Friday install at the ole Honda factory!
 
If I may piggyback a request onto this thread ... would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram for the rear lights on a 2014 standard CB1100? I'd like to splice the running light, brake light and right turn signal wires and run to a sidecar's fender lights. This is new to me so a diagram would be very helpful.
 
Click on the red word here where it says Click here for diagram

If thats not good let me know.
 
Could someone please provide a photo of where the relay is on the 2013 CB1100 and what it looks like? I must be an idiot because I can find the right plug!

Thanks everyone.
 
Domeular,

Are you talking about the turn signal/position relay? Its under the gas tank. Wait a minute and check your PM. Well, I see that Bazbro posted while I was talking. Check your PM anyway.
 
You can find it under the fuel tank, it has 8 wires going to it, some orange and light blue ones and it sits beside another relay of sorts in a dedicated spot in front of the ecm.

The fuel connector etc. needs to be disconnected and the tank removed to gain access.:-/
 
Huge help, everyone! I was going nuts testing other plugs, etc. It is for the LED turn signals I installed. I'm planning on taking the tank off for paint in a few months. I'll do it then. I appreciate the quick responses.

max_imp said:
You can find it under the fuel tank, it has 8 wires going to it, some orange and light blue ones and it sits beside another relay of sorts in a dedicated spot in front of the ecm.

The fuel connector etc. needs to be disconnected and the tank removed to gain access.:-/
 
Back
Top