Winter Ride Around Home

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The weather was so nice today, temps in the high 60's, we had to take time for a ride through the local farm country of Pierce and Wayne counties. First stop is next to an old farm shed sitting 'neath old Pecan trees.
8b51da723c0960ad1cd745c27300b31a.jpg


f9f8491f9335f6c275508ef7bf9e8b11.jpg


ee41eeb6cd9fda4890c50890b5a8159d.jpg


Stopped later to check out the Herefords on a local cattle farm.
1461bf096e0a649aee268b070351697c.jpg


1dedc256b341c0f7b1d457cdcde6cba7.jpg


Other stops at a Sweet Onion crop and at Fishing Creek Bridge.
5960071f50d71703499db0b37da76fb0.jpg


b6d78f58f5a16178080e768181738764.jpg


87141c7f462668465ca0a9fabd8465e5.jpg


d1318e0811be384579b3bb8a8b99f665.jpg
 
Thanks Redbirds! Thanks for the photos.

MAN, I am itching to get out! Hit the mid 30's today in Michigan and I actually saw concrete on my driveway. Roads are still snow covered, but it's a start. Your photos are just priming the pump. Looks like you had a lovely ride.
 
Lovin the photos! We had a lot of melting going on today too. Road isn't clear yet, but you can see parts of it. Chipped huge chunks of ice off my driveway pad and front sidewalk thicker than a 2x4.

What does Stump Shooter and Sparky mean? I've shot a number of stumps myself ;)
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Lovin the photos! We had a lot of melting going on today too. Road isn't clear yet, but you can see parts of it. Chipped huge chunks of ice off my driveway pad and front sidewalk thicker than a 2x4.

What does Stump Shooter and Sparky mean? I've shot a number of stumps myself ;)
Hope the weather up there improves for all you folks soon.

Stump Shooter was a nickname I acquired as a member of a traditional archery club years ago. Traditional and primitive archery are another hobby I never have enough time for. Pam was a volunteer firefighter years back thus the nickname Sparky.
 
Traditional and Primitive Archery huh? Well I 'll be...ever read Primitive Archery Magazine? Ever hear of the Bowyers Bibles series of books? Ever read Maggies Meanderings in Bowhunter Magazine?
 
Thread starter
Subscribe to Primitive Archer and have the set of the Traditional Bowyer's Bible. Took my first deer with a Bear Long Bow and homemade arrow few years back. I still love archery but shoulder surgery and arthritis have lessened my enjoyment. Here's some pics of my bows and a kid's bow I made for my niece as a Christmas present.

fcf57b9e4455199251e64236e03932c2.jpg


9b43ec989c9d629da33b77d5830f2b1e.jpg


e78b07cd38ce09f0096c3b1f5509e326.jpg


d17d6bb3b8fcc960f9e3f6b0524babe7.jpg
 
Nice work! I am an Associate Editor of Primitive Archer Magazine and have written 32 pieces for them since 1999 including the Osage Bow Building 101 articles in the last two issues, and if you have The Bowyers Bible 4 I wrote the Chapter on arrows. If you keep back issues of Primitive Archer check out the article I wrote titled Nature's Beautiful Gift since you are into birding.

Small world eh?
 
Great pictures redbirds. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not so sure about the hijack. I've a feeling I'll dream tonight about two CB1100s hurtling towards one another with the riders firing arrows from traditional bows. :P
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Great pictures redbirds. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not so sure about the hijack. I've a feeling I'll dream tonight about two CB1100s hurtling towards one another with the riders firing arrows from traditional bows. :P

Then they would be "Hun"-das. :rofl:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Great pictures redbirds. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not so sure about the hijack. I've a feeling I'll dream tonight about two CB1100s hurtling towards one another with the riders firing arrows from traditional bows. :P

Then they would be "Hun"-das. :rofl:

Then they would be "Hun"-das. :rofl:
:rofl:
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
Great pictures redbirds. Thanks for sharing.

I'm not so sure about the hijack. I've a feeling I'll dream tonight about two CB1100s hurtling towards one another with the riders firing arrows from traditional bows. :P
Hmmmm....Let's see, I'll need a throttle lock, a bar mounted quiver........It could work!
 
Back
Top