Winter Cover

pbhati_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I've been looking for a decent cover to keep the dust off my bike for the winter. It will be in an attached garage, so it doesn't need to be heavy duty. I do some wood work and am looking to keep the bike clean. I've seen some relatively cheap (<$20) at different home improvement shops. Will those do the trick?
 
Living in alaska as of October 25th my riding season ended so I just put mine away for winter storage I keep mine in my garage also and wanted to get a decent dust cover so I laid a microfiber towel on my tank then a folded beach towel on top of that to protect the tank from any potential bumps while sitting than bought a black king size fitted bed sheet to cover it with when put on from corner to corner it fits perfect length wise and wraps around the bottom of my exhaust on the sides It being black I can see how much dust build up on it and take it off and throw it in the wash every couple of months keeps it pretty dust free and is super cheap the only parts exposed are the bottom half of the front and rear wheels
 
Have bought inexpensive motorcycle covers before from Amazon, use them to cover our bikes in the garage to protect from mishaps. Really like the idea of extra protection on the tank, simple and effective.
Don't use one of those cheap (blue) tarps from the big box stores - since they don't breathe moisture condensation will be an issue for you.

Best covers I've found come from a Calif company called Formosa covers, but they are not the least expensive. Dowco makes a serviceable dust cover.
 
I purchased a use 4person tent on Ebay for $89. I put my CB1100 in it with a small fan and that keeps the dust off and it doesn't sweat. I can put two motorcycles in it at the same time:P



ralph
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all the ideas. I will look into all the names mentioned in the thread. I really like the idea of the towel on the tank; I happen to have a microfiber one I've never used that should work nicely. I'm hoping I can put it off another week or two, since we are having a rather mild so far in Wisconsin.
 
Hey Ralph, you put 2 bikes in there and next Spring you might have 3! :)
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Hey Ralph, you put 2 bikes in there and next Spring you might have 3! :)
HaHaaaa:exclamation: Wonder what the offspring of a Harley Sportster and a Honda CB1100 would be:rofl:

ralph
 
CeBee, that's a great bit of work. If you're up for more mods, a slight reshaping of the side cover near the seat would make it worth buying!
 
It would be such a hoot to ride one of those on a HD rally.

Brilliant CeBee. Thanks so much.
 
Back
Top