Winter Accessory Binge

Thread starter
keito_imp said:
How does the screen work?
National Cycle Street Shield light tint. I like the shield. It installs easy and the provided hardware is good quality. Keeps wind totally off my chest. Little bit of head buffeting over 65. For me, it strikes that balance between wind protection while not detracting too much from the overall 70's style of the bike.
Headbanger02_imp said:
I plan on stenciling my corbin when I get it.....what kind of paint did you use?
I bought the OEM Honda seat stencil kit with application instructions from Cool Retro Bikes.com. I used the recommended Dupli-Color Perfect Match Premium Automotive paint BGM0508 Ultra Silver Met (Replaces T191) The spray can was $8 at Auto Zone, although it should be available at most automotive chain stores. It's an Acrylic Lacquer based paint as that is better suited for adhering to vinyl/leather surfaces vs enamel based paint. It looks exactly like the logo on the rear of the OEM stock seat. I'm pleased with the results.
 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
Hey Honda Lover, can you give me a bit of a run down on how the supports for that K-10 fender mount to the forks?
I asked the exact same question before buying my fender! The kit comes with a "U" shaped bracket that wraps underneath the base of the forks. The "U" bracket then secures to the forks using provided hardware in the original screw holes at the very base of the forks. (2 screws on the front and rear of the fork so it's a very secure joint). The struts then attach to the outer ends of the "U" bracket. It's very simple to install. I used Locktite Blue with all hardware.

 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
Awesome! Thanks Honda Lover for the reply!!
Here are more mods. Added Red OEM headlight cover and upper fork arm covers. Also installed chrome tach & speedo covers. I'm considering the larger retro CB750K side covers from Daytona, however, still on the fence. I like the red covers that show the frame.
 
Hey, Honda Lover. Did you see my post on installing the DLX exhaust header with aftermarket slip-on mufflers? DLX Exhaust System Conversion

With the help of Motogeezer and his slightly used headers, I was able to achieve a nice look and sound for my 2013 CB. All for right at $1,400.

I love the retro looks you are going for and think that the four into two system should help complete the look. Best of luck with your continued efforts!
 
After purchasing a killer pair of insulated rain pants at Cycle Gear, I installed the breath guard and chin curtain in my Shoei Quest helmet. All these are necessary winter accessories IMO. Plan to go back tomorrow and pick up a pair of glove liners while they are on sale.
Update: Returned the rain pants for refund and bought thermal shirt and thermal long johns, plus the glove liners. The thermals will be worn much more often than the rain pants would have.
 
Back
Top