teamwoods5@att.net_imp said:
I just purchased a 2014 CB1100 Deluxe. I want to add a windshield to my bike. Does anybody have any suggestions or advice on what kind to buy. I do not want a large windshield but I want it to work well on the freeways of Southern California to keep the wind off my upper body. Thanks for the help.
i also wanted a mid-size shield to just keep wind off my upper body. I went w/ the MRA split screen that's height adjustable, and has a vent behind the main shield to equalize pressure (or rather, that's the design intent)
It bolts onto the handlebar, so install is quite easy, w/ myriad of adjustment angles avail.
and, since i find them so easy to install, here's the same mra windshield used on my husaberg dirt bike, but w/ the top shield deleted.
and same mra on my ktm 690.
before this mra shield, i really liked my giant shield (by nat'l plexifairing), especially for winter hwy use bc it kept my thighs, hands and arms, neck and head warm and cozy at interstate speeds for several hrs. but at 80-90mph, this shield does exhibit some wind buffeting and if the angle's not adjusted right, the wind from behind my helmet will push my body forward at times.