Windshield

Carguy1959_imp said:
If you are machanialy inclinded, you can go this route. It cost me about $500 and 8hrs. If anybody is interested, I can share what it took to do.
Yes please! Perhaps in a separate thread. I really like the Road Comet, but dang it, there are times a full fairing would be the bees knees.
 
I will work on making a how to. I didn't take many pictures of the process, but can take pictures of what I did with a little disassembling. I recently made a mount on the inside of the fairing for my 9mil. I took pictures, but haven't figured out how to shrink them to fit a post.
 
I will say that it does makes it a pleasure to ride on the hwy. even when it rains I don't get very wet. Also with the power this bike has, I don't notice any drag. It's like a mini Goldwing.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Carguy1959_imp said:
If you are machanialy inclinded, you can go this route. It cost me about $500 and 8hrs. If anybody is interested, I can share what it took to do.
I didn't take to this look at first but it is really starting to grow on me. Your larger back rest does a nice job of counterbalancing the bulk of the fairing. There are a lot of these fairings listed on ebay, some are even new old stock.
If you have the time and inclination to write it up for the how-to section, I'd enjoy seeing the install process.
I didn't take to this look at first but it is really starting to grow on me. Your larger back rest does a nice job of counterbalancing the bulk of the fairing. There are a lot of these fairings listed on ebay, some are even new old stock.
If you have the time and inclination to write it up for the how-to section, I'd enjoy seeing the install process.
I got mine off eBay. I paid under $200 shipped (had to wait and watch for the right one). Then I found the lowers new old stock, that matched perfectly. I think I paid $120 for them.
 
Carguy1959_imp said:
I will work on making a how to. I didn't take many pictures of the process, but can take pictures of what I did with a little disassembling. I recently made a mount on the inside of the fairing for my 9mil. I took pictures, but haven't figured out how to shrink them to fit a post.
Carguy, shrinking pictures is a pain in the neck unless you have a bit of software to do it. It's easier to use a photo hosting site and link to the pictures. See this thread on how to do it.

Otherwise let me know what OS you use and I may be able to help with software to shrink your pics.
 
Carguy1959_imp said:
I will say that it does makes it a pleasure to ride on the hwy. even when it rains I don't get very wet. Also with the power this bike has, I don't notice any drag. It's like a mini Goldwing.
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Carguy1959_imp said:
If you are machanialy inclinded, you can go this route. It cost me about $500 and 8hrs. If anybody is interested, I can share what it took to do.
I didn't take to this look at first but it is really starting to grow on me. Your larger back rest does a nice job of counterbalancing the bulk of the fairing. There are a lot of these fairings listed on ebay, some are even new old stock.
If you have the time and inclination to write it up for the how-to section, I'd enjoy seeing the install process.
I didn't take to this look at first but it is really starting to grow on me. Your larger back rest does a nice job of counterbalancing the bulk of the fairing. There are a lot of these fairings listed on ebay, some are even new old stock.
If you have the time and inclination to write it up for the how-to section, I'd enjoy seeing the install process.
I got mine off eBay. I paid under $200 shipped (had to wait and watch for the right one). Then I found the lowers new old stock, that matched perfectly. I think I paid $120 for them.
I didn't take to this look at first but it is really starting to grow on me. Your larger back rest does a nice job of counterbalancing the bulk of the fairing. There are a lot of these fairings listed on ebay, some are even new old stock.
If you have the time and inclination to write it up for the how-to section, I'd enjoy seeing the install process.
I got mine off eBay. I paid under $200 shipped (had to wait and watch for the right one). Then I found the lowers new old stock, that matched perfectly. I think I paid $120 for them. Carguy, what version of Windjammer is that one you have mounted to your bike?
 
Back
Top