Windshield Cleaner

Mtneers

Been there
Thread starter
What do you use to clean your windshield? I use Plexus but am looking for an alternate cleaner.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hose, running water, sponge; then rain-x cleaner. Recently got some glass wax, an old school product with nice results.
In my tank bag I carry a microfiber towel and some spray from an optical joint - "free" sample. Picked up a box of safety glass cleaner towelettes from Bausch and Lomb and carry a few in my pocket.

Obviously I haven't discovered one solution that works for me.
 
Car wash soap and water. If it's really bad, I'll drape a wet towel over the windscreen for an hour and then wipe it up. The nasty stuff will usually soften up and come right off. Once or twice a summer I'll give it (and the entire bike) a shot of Original Bike Spirits "Spray Cleaner and Polish" (aka "Honda Spray Polish"), or Plexus if I have any.
 
I've had good luck using the Honda Cleaner & Polish. My local dealer sells it for $5.39 a can.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Car wash soap and water. If it's really bad, I'll drape a wet towel over the windscreen for an hour and then wipe it up. The nasty stuff will usually soften up and come right off. Once or twice a summer I'll give it (and the entire bike) a shot of Original Bike Spirits "Spray Cleaner and Polish" (aka "Honda Spray Polish"), or Plexus if I have any.
That's how I do it too if the "stuff" is dry and hard. Let it soften and then wipe it off with soapy water to avoid the debris scratching the surface. I lightly damp it off with a shop towel.
 
Thread starter
memphismike_imp said:
I have the can of Honda Polish as well as Plexus. But honestly I find Plexus to do the best.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. I have a can of honda's cleaner and polish but haven't tried it on the windshield yet. I'll probably stick with Plexus, but geez it's pricey.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
^ Geez, you're lucky. If I waited for rain, most of the time I wouldn't b able to see through my visor!
 
Lol no thats for my windshield.

I clean my faceshield every day with plain clear warm tap water and a wash cloth.
 
mtneers_imp said:
memphismike_imp said:
I have the can of Honda Polish as well as Plexus. But honestly I find Plexus to do the best.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. I have a can of honda's cleaner and polish but haven't tried it on the windshield yet. I'll probably stick with Plexus, but geez it's pricey.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. I have a can of honda's cleaner and polish but haven't tried it on the windshield yet. I'll probably stick with Plexus, but geez it's pricey.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do agree it is pricey. I feel the Honda polish cleans as well, but fell the plexus sheds the water the best. Are you using full size windscreen or small sport type screen?



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
memphismike_imp said:
mtneers_imp said:
memphismike_imp said:
I have the can of Honda Polish as well as Plexus. But honestly I find Plexus to do the best.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. I have a can of honda's cleaner and polish but haven't tried it on the windshield yet. I'll probably stick with Plexus, but geez it's pricey.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. I have a can of honda's cleaner and polish but haven't tried it on the windshield yet. I'll probably stick with Plexus, but geez it's pricey.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do agree it is pricey. I feel the Honda polish cleans as well, but fell the plexus sheds the water the best. Are you using full size windscreen or small sport type screen?



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike. I have a can of honda's cleaner and polish but haven't tried it on the windshield yet. I'll probably stick with Plexus, but geez it's pricey.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do agree it is pricey. I feel the Honda polish cleans as well, but fell the plexus sheds the water the best. Are you using full size windscreen or small sport type screen?



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm using a National Cycle street shield ex.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I use Plexus on both bike windshields, my face shield and all of my airplane windows. I use a lot of it and it's pricey if you buy it at the airport or auto parts store, so I just waited until I spotted a good deal online and bought a case of it. Smokin' deals aren't out there every day, but they come up every so often.
 
I used hammered black spray paint on my windshield.

 
Back
Top