WIND PROTECTION CB 1100 ex 2015 - yes o no ?

The ferret_imp said:
No doubt without a screen (or trunk) the bike looks better, but sometimes needs (wind protection and carrying capacity) triumphs over looks
You're right. Now I wonder, does anybody have a windscreen (no matter how well or not it protects you) about which he can claim
a) it's mounted / unmounted in 2 minutes without tools, AND
b) it sits fast and tight at higher speeds ?
That one would be my choice.

Jfro5687_imp said:
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
That's what I do all the time.
 
When you have or get a bike with a very good screen it allows you to crush mileage in complete comfort on high speed roads if you need to to get somewhere nice quickly. I can travel at 80MPH on the Motorway on my Tiger 1200 (electrically adjustable touring screen with additional Ali-Express $18 blade on top) with my visor open, listening to music on my cardo headset. It is an absolute breeze and a pleasure to do that trip in those circumstances. Not Honda Goldwing/BMW GTL1600 super comfort I would imagine but in terms of a relaxed non-noisy ride so much can be achieved. I would it equate noise/comfort wise me doing 40MPH on a country broad on the CB1100 it is that good.

I'm just not that mad about throwing luggage and screens on the CB and am lucky to be able to have it as a 40-60MPH country ramble sort of bike. It is not a particular failing of the CB of course, there are tons of bikes like it, practically all of the Triumph classic range and a heap of non faired roadsters from every manufacturer. A very long time ago I owned an 883 Harley Sportster and that was very tiring over 50MPH. I did use that bike for long distance riding and it was totally inappropriate but I was a sucker for punishment then.
 
Many years ago I test rode the Honda X11, not sure what other markets called it but it was basically the naked Blackbird. I had already been out on the Blackbird which of course was quick and very ‘Honda’. Now the X11 was a brute in comparison simply because you were hanging out in the breeze with nothing to tuck behind. I gave it the beans in 2nd and 3rd on a quiet stretch and I was having to literally hang on. The wind blast was trying to tear me off. Great fun at the time but extremely uncomfortable and the +150mph performance potential was irrelevant because other than easier overtakes you just couldn’t use it. It’s like Kawasaki’s current crop of supercharged ZH2 bikes that I do (genuinely) appreciate but where and when are you actually able to use it? Ans you can’t. The CB is lovely at sub 60mph where I ride 95% of the time. Like Tev said, if I was having to do a lot of fast A road stuff I would probably get a more dedicated tourer type bike. Horses for courses.
 
j3gq_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
No doubt without a screen (or trunk) the bike looks better, but sometimes needs (wind protection and carrying capacity) triumphs over looks
You're right. Now I wonder, does anybody have a windscreen (no matter how well or not it protects you) about which he can claim
a) it's mounted / unmounted in 2 minutes without tools, AND
b) it sits fast and tight at higher speeds ?
That one would be my choice.

Jfro5687_imp said:
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
That's what I do all the time.
You're right. Now I wonder, does anybody have a windscreen (no matter how well or not it protects you) about which he can claim
a) it's mounted / unmounted in 2 minutes without tools, AND
b) it sits fast and tight at higher speeds ?
That one would be my choice.


Jfro5687_imp said:
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
That's what I do all the time.
Yes, I do. Tested for 7 years and thousand of kms during long distance/hwy trips and up to rev limiter = no complaints.
Street Shield EX, to dismount shield itself/hardware stays, it takes under 2 min...to remove everything you need a flat screwdriver or M7/M8 socket, an Allen key, it will take about 3-4 min..
Condition: if one knows what to do :D
 
I had the PUIG screen on mine from when I got the bike. Found a lot of buffering spend about 30mins on the motorway each way. I did however notice a drop in fuel economy with it removed. Might try it again soon see if it’s still terrible or just bad because of the winter winds.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Alfgaxatico_imp said:
fef83d0dc5f928ec22b5098f0d762478.jpg

wind protection: POSITIVE or NEGATIVE; about the behavior of the motorcycle. boy friends and girl friends ; I have worn since the day of my purchase a PUIG protector that Aesthetically does not punish the CB 1100 EX 2015 much. But when removing it now in good weather in Spain; I see that the CB is much more noble, and of neutral handling. For me much much better. I open the debate but the truth is that if a motorcycle comes standard in one way it is for something…. although the air comes to me; neither, except to put a boat sail type screen; I think that whoever does not want air ... should buy another touring motorcycle or a car.
3312c624eff7c183812913a8bfe4bfe7.jpg



Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
well, even the top case is not joking!:)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
j3gq_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
No doubt without a screen (or trunk) the bike looks better, but sometimes needs (wind protection and carrying capacity) triumphs over looks
You're right. Now I wonder, does anybody have a windscreen (no matter how well or not it protects you) about which he can claim
a) it's mounted / unmounted in 2 minutes without tools, AND
b) it sits fast and tight at higher speeds ?
That one would be my choice.

Jfro5687_imp said:
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
That's what I do all the time.
You're right. Now I wonder, does anybody have a windscreen (no matter how well or not it protects you) about which he can claim
a) it's mounted / unmounted in 2 minutes without tools, AND
b) it sits fast and tight at higher speeds ?
That one would be my choice.


Jfro5687_imp said:
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
That's what I do all the time.
Yes, I do. Tested for 7 years and thousand of kms during long distance/hwy trips and up to rev limiter = no complaints.
Street Shield EX, to dismount shield itself/hardware stays, it takes under 2 min...to remove everything you need a flat screwdriver or M7/M8 socket, an Allen key, it will take about 3-4 min..
Condition: if one knows what to do :D
Could you may be post a picture or two of how the space around the handle bar looks when the shield is NOT mounted ? ... what stubs protrude out ... etc. So that I can imagine what I am gonna look like after an accident ?
 
j3gq_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
j3gq_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
No doubt without a screen (or trunk) the bike looks better, but sometimes needs (wind protection and carrying capacity) triumphs over looks
You're right. Now I wonder, does anybody have a windscreen (no matter how well or not it protects you) about which he can claim
a) it's mounted / unmounted in 2 minutes without tools, AND
b) it sits fast and tight at higher speeds ?
That one would be my choice.

Jfro5687_imp said:
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
That's what I do all the time.
You're right. Now I wonder, does anybody have a windscreen (no matter how well or not it protects you) about which he can claim
a) it's mounted / unmounted in 2 minutes without tools, AND
b) it sits fast and tight at higher speeds ?
That one would be my choice.


Jfro5687_imp said:
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
That's what I do all the time.
Yes, I do. Tested for 7 years and thousand of kms during long distance/hwy trips and up to rev limiter = no complaints.
Street Shield EX, to dismount shield itself/hardware stays, it takes under 2 min...to remove everything you need a flat screwdriver or M7/M8 socket, an Allen key, it will take about 3-4 min..
Condition: if one knows what to do :D
Could you may be post a picture or two of how the space around the handle bar looks when the shield is NOT mounted ? ... what stubs protrude out ... etc. So that I can imagine what I am gonna look like after an accident ?
Could you may be post a picture or two of how the space around the handle bar looks when the shield is NOT mounted ? ... what stubs protrude out ... etc. So that I can imagine what I am gonna look like after an accident ?
Will get some pics soon...

P.S. Where do you live in A...used to live in Wien/Heiligenstadt near U4 from April to Dec in 1981...good memories.
 
Here ya go>>

be2573cea2b96becfb4540881ba39a38.jpg


8ce27bf97a366f521552334830656fe3.jpg


8cccf806ba80ff37ec1966f514726309.jpg


482677ae4cff758dcdb075bca9b68ed4.jpg


2c7287473aed97c5cd33b972362ebe32.jpg


f21b41fe0403559d01013fa6d463fc0e.jpg


a134b84abdea24c3604a6269c41d49bd.jpg


d36a8097815730e356c6fad3688e2848.jpg


f706b2e7fc515071b9b1e7b08fdd0c1f.jpg


Is this OK or you need any closer look of any part/location, let me know.
:beerchug:
 
PB...do you get mistaken for moto police very often? It has that look. That gorgeous look!
 
I struggle to think of anything more terrifying.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
I struggle to think of anything more terrifying.
" ... you know why I stopped you?" :dodgy:

"No officer, ... sir." :s

"What is this? A Honda? Looks like a CB1100?" :dodgy:

"Yes sir. It is." :-/

"As you can see, I have one of these in white." :dodgy:

"That's nice, sir. Why did you stop me?" :s

"Are you disrespecting your public protection authority?" :dodgy:

"No sir. I like white CB1100s." :-/

"Good. Well, I am citing you because your RLETs are not clean." :dodgy:
 
Which takes straight from quick-mount wind-shields to quicker-dismount blue rotating beacons. I remember that old James Bond movie where he can show and hide his license plate at the push of a button. How about a beacon / emergency light one can use when needed (lane splitting comes to mind) and quickly hide when being pulled over ? :excited:

<=
GoldOxide_imp said:
http://cb1100forum.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=3454
 
Thread starter
Ufffffff … no … I definitely verify that up to 125-130 km / h… closed helmet; and correct clothing can be comfortable without looking like a postal motorcycle or a boat. Over the years I will buy a gold wing for the future. It is too pretty and I want to go on something that I fully like today. Respect opinions
 
You can actually buy license plate flippers. Google them.
 
Back
Top