WIND PROTECTION CB 1100 ex 2015 - yes o no ?

Alfgaxatico_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
fef83d0dc5f928ec22b5098f0d762478.jpg

wind protection: POSITIVE or NEGATIVE; about the behavior of the motorcycle. boy friends and girl friends ; I have worn since the day of my purchase a PUIG protector that Aesthetically does not punish the CB 1100 EX 2015 much. But when removing it now in good weather in Spain; I see that the CB is much more noble, and of neutral handling. For me much much better. I open the debate but the truth is that if a motorcycle comes standard in one way it is for something…. although the air comes to me; neither, except to put a boat sail type screen; I think that whoever does not want air ... should buy another touring motorcycle or a car.
3312c624eff7c183812913a8bfe4bfe7.jpg



Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
 
I think that the CB looks better without a screen although some small ones do not look too bad. It is just the large ones looking out of place but for people going on long trips I can see the needs/wants for a larger screen.
 
Thread starter
at a safe aesthetic level. Neither lam makes it pretty. But up to 120-125 km / h the air is manageable; with suitable clothing and helmet. if you want to take a case of a soldier of war; you have to bring a movie screen. But nobody talks about the change in usage behavior; - worse - carrying screen
 
No doubt without a screen (or trunk) the bike looks better, but sometimes needs (wind protection and carrying capacity) triumphs over looks
 
I enjoy my ugly wind protection, and my trunk. At sustained highway speeds the CB stops being fun after a few hours for me. If I were going to a photo shoot, I could leave them home. They come off in moments. But then I might need to juggle milk and cookies on the way home.

Ben
 
Never found any un-faired bike comfortable much over 60mph especially trogging down a fast A road or motorway, no matter what it is, however I do understand why folk use them. Personally I’m not a fan, I just ride at a slower more comfortable pace depending upon the wind strength and direction.
 
I'm 6'3" with a long torso...every screen I've been behind simply pushes the air stream right into my forehead--not comfortable at all. Wind noise actually increases and the buffeting becomes unbearable. Without screen, airflow is distributed acrosss torso, neck and head.

When I ride more than 3-4 hours, I might have a stiff neck the next day--aspirin! If I'm on a multiple day trip, usually it's the morning of day 2 that's rough. After that, I can ride at 75 all day, but I do need a break every hour and a half...the body acclimates. I think I lean more forward into the wind on long trips and that helps.

For a screen to help me properly, it would have to be ridiculously tall...and unsightly.
 
Thread starter
I have verified that from 125 km / h ... even with a screen; CB is uncomfortable; and what a colleague says before; without a screen you stop the air ... but not everything to your helmet. Anyway ; my question was aimed at commenting on the behavior of the Honda; which is better without a screen; in my judgement ..
 
Interesting subject! I can't live without some small form of wind protection, since I spend most of my time at sustained freeway speeds around 60-80 mph.

I had always ridden with the Dart Classic flyscreen that was on my bike when I bought it. But I recently bought a slightly smaller Piranha screen. It doesn't give as much protection, but I had the sensation that the bike felt a bit more athletic with the smaller screen. Probably just the fact that more wind was hitting me.
 
Afraid we may have strayed from the OP's point, not that that ever happens. To the point, up to 85 to 90 mph I don't feel any real sail effect, even in a crosswind. Anyone else?

Ben
 
172d042682f04177ddc499f3c607476d.jpg


I have a small screen, I took it off and was immediately impressed at the feel of the wind and the sensation of having nothing in front of you.
I also liked the look of the bike with no screen.

After riding for a couple of months I put it back on. My daily commute consists of about 40km of expressway, and the screen just made it more pleasant.

It keeps the wind/rain/bugs off my torso, leaves my helmet in clean air with no buffeting, and has no negative effect on handling. It also improves fuel economy.

I suppose every rider/screen combination is different and individual results will vary.

For me, if I was just riding around town and on Sunday rides I would take the screen off again, but for my particular use the screen is staying on.
 
I don't tend to do much highway, so I rarely miss a screen. It's a good point from Alfgaxatico that it's not only changing the aestetics (for better or worse), but also it can affect the handling (also for better or worse? Some seem to like their bike better with the screen, some remove it right away after trying one).

Bikes are not like cars: just the seating position of the driver, different driver weights, adding a trunk or modifying aero with a screen can make significant changes in handling. But "changes" not always means "worse"...
 
Thread starter
I'm not really saying it's worse; carry screen; only that the mode of use of the CB is more noble; without screen ... as in a scooter that comes standard with a screen of X cm in height; you put a "sports" low; and change the driving format. then this one who does not care what he wears ... since he does not notice anything ..
 
In the fall and winter and on some tours, I will run a small shield to block the chilly wind from my torso

04ad5fd413f8b560b4726c5a15afbc34.jpg


but in the summer I like to run it without

22a9f24db288f7114adffa4e7cdbd58d.jpg


Takes 5 minutes or less to take it on or off
 
I found the Dart Marlin wind screen was good enough fashionably and functionally for about up to 120 km/h.

Importantly: It alleviated maybe around 50% of wind pressure off the chest. That was good enough for me.
 
...whereas I was most unimpressed with the Dart Marlin I had on - lots of buffeting and dirty air from passing and followed vehicles - I was much happier without it.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I found the Dart Marlin wind screen was good enough fashionably and functionally for about up to 120 km/h.

Importantly: It alleviated maybe around 50% of wind pressure off the chest. That was good enough for me.
Same for me. I like the Marlin for its looks and wind breaking. I rarely ride on high speed highways, preferring our lovely winding coastal roads.
Our speed limit is 110 kph and you know I would never speed :rofl:
 
The main reason I have a small puig screen on is to protect the clocks area, its easier to just wipe a screen than clean all the nooks and crannys behind it.
 
Back
Top