WIND PROTECTION CB 1100 ex 2015 - yes o no ?

pdedse_imp said:
PB...do you get mistaken for moto police very often? It has that look. That gorgeous look!
Pdedse, basically no, but when I ride a toll highway on Sundays with very little traffic, have my entire black riding gear and my old, white helmet on, some vehicles wanting to overtake me slow down to make sure everything is OK and then they overtake....it makes me laugh!!
I ride posted max 100 km/h speed....

Today, I got this jacket from my boss...will try it soon....:D

92ca952ea99ccf82d1b3ec5ecea92f79.jpg

GoldOxide_imp said:

It looks like I have to start patrolling QEW & HWY 403 where GO is testing his AT's speed limiter * * * * :P
 
peterbaron_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
PB...do you get mistaken for moto police very often? It has that look. That gorgeous look!
Pdedse, basically no, but when I ride a toll highway on Sundays with very little traffic, have my entire black riding gear and my old, white helmet on, some vehicles wanting to overtake me slow down to make sure everything is OK and then they overtake....it makes me laugh!!
I ride posted max 100 km/h speed....

Today, I got this jacket from my boss...will try it soon....:D

92ca952ea99ccf82d1b3ec5ecea92f79.jpg

GoldOxide_imp said:

It looks like I have to start patrolling QEW & HWY 403 where GO is testing his AT's speed limiter * * * * :P

It looks like I have to start patrolling QEW & HWY 403 where GO is testing his AT's speed limiter * * * * :P
:rofl:



What limiter? :huh:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Here ya go>>

be2573cea2b96becfb4540881ba39a38.jpg


8ce27bf97a366f521552334830656fe3.jpg


8cccf806ba80ff37ec1966f514726309.jpg


482677ae4cff758dcdb075bca9b68ed4.jpg


2c7287473aed97c5cd33b972362ebe32.jpg


f21b41fe0403559d01013fa6d463fc0e.jpg


a134b84abdea24c3604a6269c41d49bd.jpg


d36a8097815730e356c6fad3688e2848.jpg


f706b2e7fc515071b9b1e7b08fdd0c1f.jpg


Is this OK or you need any closer look of any part/location, let me know.
:beerchug:
Thanks a lot, sorry for the late answer. So far, on my "long distance" trips (typically 50-100 km legs on winding mountain roads) I do rarely miss a windshield. But Italy is calling, and that's why I started looking into this.

Your photos are a great help. One question so, is it as easy as it looks to not just take off the screen, but the struts too ? Does your street shield come with the paperwork needed to pass DOT checks ?
 
J3, I have a Street Shield too. When the weather warms I take it off and put on my Road Comet.

If you leave the mounts on the bike (I do) the Shield, including struts, will come off in like 1 or 2 minutes. Easy. And putting it back on is fast/easy as the mounts are already there.

I’m sure PB will give his thoughts too.
 
I think motorcycles look better without one, but I installed one on my EX because I am using it for longer rides, or in bad weather. It helps. In the cold they are great, or in the heat down here with all the bugs we have; thousands of little moths will cross the road and plaster your clothes with bug gook. So looks aside, one bike has to be the protector of my person, and I will not remove it unless I move it over to the DLX in time.
 
j3gq_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Here ya go>>

be2573cea2b96becfb4540881ba39a38.jpg


8ce27bf97a366f521552334830656fe3.jpg


8cccf806ba80ff37ec1966f514726309.jpg


482677ae4cff758dcdb075bca9b68ed4.jpg


2c7287473aed97c5cd33b972362ebe32.jpg


f21b41fe0403559d01013fa6d463fc0e.jpg


a134b84abdea24c3604a6269c41d49bd.jpg


d36a8097815730e356c6fad3688e2848.jpg


f706b2e7fc515071b9b1e7b08fdd0c1f.jpg


Is this OK or you need any closer look of any part/location, let me know.
:beerchug:
Thanks a lot, sorry for the late answer. So far, on my "long distance" trips (typically 50-100 km legs on winding mountain roads) I do rarely miss a windshield. But Italy is calling, and that's why I started looking into this.

Your photos are a great help. One question so, is it as easy as it looks to not just take off the screen, but the struts too ? Does your street shield come with the paperwork needed to pass DOT checks ?
Thanks a lot, sorry for the late answer. So far, on my "long distance" trips (typically 50-100 km legs on winding mountain roads) I do rarely miss a windshield. But Italy is calling, and that's why I started looking into this.

Your photos are a great help. One question so, is it as easy as it looks to not just take off the screen, but the struts too ? Does your street shield come with the paperwork needed to pass DOT checks ?
IMHO the fastest way to re&re is to pull out the windshield with its 4 rods, leaving the other hardware with the bike...

DOT certificate ??, have no clue, I very seldom read instructions as to how to....
:)
 
Here is what is left on your bike after removing the NC Street Shield EX

these two knobs on the handlebars

cecaaedf72f4660f34df68e107cbf8d1.jpg


324c62a874be983a7771c33bd72fcbaa.jpg


and one of these on each fork leg

44dbcd1da08ba271fac5e5931995d761.jpg


You could remove it all, but leaving them on makes putting on and taking off the shield a 3 minute proposition
 
The ferret_imp said:
Here is what is left on your bike after removing the NC Street Shield EX

these two knobs on the handlebars

cecaaedf72f4660f34df68e107cbf8d1.jpg


324c62a874be983a7771c33bd72fcbaa.jpg


and one of these on each fork leg

44dbcd1da08ba271fac5e5931995d761.jpg


You could remove it all, but leaving them on makes putting on and taking off the shield a 3 minute proposition
Same type I have on my EX. It works enough and does not detract from the bike, I just leave it. I had to cut off the ends of the rods so they are flush with the bottom of the clamp, so it is probably better I leave it alone since I cut different lengths off.
 
I'm sorta-kinda in the market for a bikini fairing, just enough to keep wind off my chest, but since I don't ride the CB on the freeway, I'm in no hurry.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I struggle to think of anything more terrifying.
" ... you know why I stopped you?" :dodgy:

"No officer, ... sir." :s

"What is this? A Honda? Looks like a CB1100?" :dodgy:

"Yes sir. It is." :-/

"As you can see, I have one of these in white." :dodgy:

"That's nice, sir. Why did you stop me?" :s

"Are you disrespecting your public protection authority?" :dodgy:

"No sir. I like white CB1100s." :-/

"Good. Well, I am citing you because your RLETs are not clean." :dodgy:
Reviewing old threads and got a good laugh out of this one. Thanks for the larf.:beerchug:
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
I struggle to think of anything more terrifying.
" ... you know why I stopped you?" :dodgy:

"No officer, ... sir." :s

"What is this? A Honda? Looks like a CB1100?" :dodgy:

"Yes sir. It is." :-/

"As you can see, I have one of these in white." :dodgy:

"That's nice, sir. Why did you stop me?" :s

"Are you disrespecting your public protection authority?" :dodgy:

"No sir. I like white CB1100s." :-/

"Good. Well, I am citing you because your RLETs are not clean." :dodgy:
Reviewing old threads and got a good laugh out of this one. Thanks for the larf.:beerchug:
Crazy, some of them Forum members.
 
Back
Top