Wildflower Ride and a Reptile Friend

redbirds_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Rode around 50 miles this morning but never got more than 20 miles from home. Wildflowers are blooming and the county will wait for the bloom to end before they mow. Blue Spiderworts are everywhere, Red Clover was about bloomed out and going to seed. About a mile from home I stopped at a Gopher Tortoise burrow and caught the occupant sunning at the opening. These reptiles are federally protected and their habitat is shrinking rapidly. I often find baby tortoises in my yard and move them before my dogs try to make a meal out of them. Their burrows are home to a host of specialized insects and amphibians that are dependent on the burrows. Burrows are also home to Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, largest venomous snake in North America and the Eastern Indigo Snake, largest native snake in North America and frequently preys on the rattlesnakes.
8e490aa8e4f3c199aa32dc2a81087938.jpg

2b2c3cfb8a3e4340b5e13a87891b0aa0.jpg

9311d3b7f0004fc352a065da1a940ca3.jpg

c6c81f5f63f880938afaa5bfc2fbd755.jpg

ceef1146154ae2390b1ec0173c49a79c.jpg

5b85376484f40fc82824c1b8426fafa4.jpg

b0cadcd2f9f16f53bc1687aa38be2d31.jpg

02ac5a904bd04af6d9c08b18b0b72091.jpg


Just for ferret, an onion field ready to harvest.
f46f6a4fbfbcfe4aa18bb91f1d39de36.jpg

a32cb1f1c6ee70154329654388beadb3.jpg
 
Great pics redbirds, especially the onion field :rofl:

It awesome when people can notice and appreciate the little things that make life so enjoyable. Even better when they stop and take pictures of them... even mo better when they share them. Thanks.

My best to Sparky

Are you living without a rear rack or center stand?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Great pics redbirds, especially the onion field :rofl:

It awesome when people can notice and appreciate the little things that make life so enjoyable. Even better when they stop and take pictures of them... even mo better when they share them. Thanks.

My best to Sparky

Are you living without a rear rack or center stand?
Thanks ferret.

Will order a center stand soon but haven't decided what I want to do about a rack or luggage. For now I put it on the bike lift for chain lube or adjustment. Having to lift the rear seat for tank fills is about the only negative I can give so far. It handles great off road and I have found myself taking local roads I would not have tried on the CB.
 
Some very nice shots redbirds. I particularly like the ol' refueling pump ...



= = =

Here be another "cow shot" with the NC750X ...

 
Wow, beautiful pics redbirds! The reason we ride is to soak up days and places like that. Thanks for sharing your peaceful wanderings with us!
 
Lovey pics redbirds. Thanks.
 
Thank you for those great pictures and also for saving the little tortoises , we have a Greek tortoise as a pet for over 45 years and is probably about 70 years old and doing very well and could easily outlive us.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
Some very nice shots redbirds. I particularly like the ol' refueling pump ...



= = =

Here be another "cow shot" with the NC750X ...
I like the cattle shots.
Houtman_imp said:
Thank you for those great pictures and also for saving the little tortoises , we have a Greek tortoise as a pet for over 45 years and is probably about 70 years old and doing very well and could easily outlive us.
The Gopher Tortoises were very common when I was a kid in Florida. Their favored habitant is sandy pine and scrub oak lands that were at one time widespread but have now been turned into subdivisions and strip malls. In my little corner of the world there is still much undeveloped land and these tortoises are still thriving here. They are known to live up to 80 years in the wild and 100 years in captivity. On a warm day during winter it's not uncommon to see a Diamondback Rattler sunning at the mouth of the tortoise burrow, the snake seems to get along fine with his cold weather room mate.
 
Back
Top