Wider tyres than standard..whose got them?

ozigoo

Running like a top
Thread starter
OK, so Im about to buy a new set of tyres and looking at the very small selection here in South Oz I'll probably go either the Bridgestone T31's or Pirelli Angel GT's.

(Also found Dunlop RoadSmart III avaliable in 120Fr 150Rr )

Ive seen some of you guys put wider fronts and rears so Im considering my options:

Standard 110/80/18 Fr 140/70/18 Rr

Larger 120/70/18 Fr 160/60/18 Rr

Mixed 110/80/18 Fr 160/60/18 Rr

The Pirellis Angel's only come in a 120 Fr and 160 Rr at my local tyreshop

Any one have oversized or oversized combos they like or dislike?

Cheers
(Thanks for the PM help Corm)
 
I've used Michelin 120/160 combo since 2013. No issues, but they are no longer available here so just ordered the Angel GTs in 110/160 sizes. I'd have ordered 110/140 if they had been available
 
Thread starter
So Just wonderin Ferret why you didnt go the 120/160 with the Angels?
(cheers Corm)
 
LOL truthfully I went in to order std sizes, found out the rear only came in 160, so went with std front oversize rear. Only reason I can think of. Not because I was unhappy with the 120 front Michelin. if I had been thinking I probably would have upsized the front too. Really frustrated with finding something to replace the Michelins which I run on everything..all bikes, all cars, my truck..I am a Michelin guy.
 
No Cormanus, I checked several suppliers who said they were no longer available. My local dealer checked a couple of his suppliers but none had any either.
 
How very strange.
 
110/160 Angel GTs on mine.
 
Just 2 question, mine is a 2017 EX.

With 120 at the front - is there enough room to clear the fender bracket?
With 160 at the rear, will it not contact the chain?

By next season, I will need new tires, so I am getting ready and starts inquiring about the Michelin PR4 with 120 (Fr) and 160 (Rr)

Regards
Alain
 
Alain, do Michelin make PR4s that fit the CBS 18 inch wheel? There’s plenty of room for the 160 on the rear of my 2011.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Alain, do Michelin make PR4s that fit the CBS 18 inch wheel? There’s plenty of room for the 160 on the rear of my 2011.
According to the website no 18" tires in PR4's

Manufacturers

the only ones they list are the PR3's but nobody can seem to get them. Revzilla doesn't even list them anymore.
 
Houtman_imp said:
On both my 2013 and 2014 I have PR 4 120/70 fronts in 18 inch !
Hmmm..they dont show them as being available on their website as far as I can tell ( see link I posted above)
 
Oh he said PR 4s not PR 4 GT. Still you cant get a matching rear. I prefer matching sets of tires.
 
Back
Top