Why is the CB called CB?

Maybe CB stands for Conforming Butt. Which, like the CB1100, is a rare creature indeed.
 
You are correct LR. Mainly the BMWs.

The Harley guys are so superior with their heated grips and seats. The integrated sound system and barco-lounger saddles with hard case bags etc.

I almost wanted a big fat cruiser but the mood passed. I came close to testing the speed limiter this trip, however.

Definitely going to investigate a nice plastic sturdy top case. Hard to know which one to get but I am in the hunt. It would be nice to have a place to put my hemet and other things securely. It's time cruise the CB1100 forum for ideas.

George
Arizona
 
Stealth128_imp said:
I always thought that CB stood for street bike CL stood for street trail bike and SL
stood for scrambler??.

Thanks,
Stealth 128
Since an old thread is being revived (awaiting Spring in northern hemisphere?):

Compared to the typical CB twin dual straight back exhausts, circa 1970, the CL is the scrambler with both pipes up high on one side and the SL dual downpipes had upswept mufflers...more than my 1975 CB360T.

Mine were the same colors as in the links.

SL350: https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_sl350 70.htm

CL350: 1970 Honda CL350 For Sale At Auction - Mecum Auctions

CB160:
IMHO the 1970 CL350 scrambler pipes had the best lines of any I have seen.
 
[quote

IMHO the 1970 CL350 scrambler pipes had the best lines of any I have seen.
[/QUOTE]

I agree Doc, I loved my 70 CL350 in Ruby Red, as well the low life(s) who stole it from me.
 
I have one and the previous owner converted it to CB pipes.

Just doesn't seem right but I am not sure I will convert it back. Runs well and the pipes are loud.

George
Arizona
 
I could not tell difference in performance between SL350 and CL350.
However my 1967 CB160 (purchased new) was MUCH stronger than the used CL160, purchased 1969.
 
geosar_imp said:
You are correct LR. Mainly the BMWs.

The Harley guys are so superior with their heated grips and seats. The integrated sound system and barco-lounger saddles with hard case bags etc.

I almost wanted a big fat cruiser but the mood passed. I came close to testing the speed limiter this trip, however.

Definitely going to investigate a nice plastic sturdy top case. Hard to know which one to get but I am in the hunt. It would be nice to have a place to put my hemet and other things securely. It's time cruise the CB1100 forum for ideas.

George
Arizona
I reckon the HD riders just let the BMWs / CBs play :) .

Regarding plastic hard top case - lots of choices out there, almost all of them are gaudy. But, that aside, they are most practical. I have a 30 and 50 litre capacity and I mostly use the 50. Many are similar to each other. The rest boils down to key/lock options, mounting options, and optional LED set-ups. I just like the fact that you can just eject the box and carry it like luggage.
 
Back
Top