Whoops, I'll raise you a red

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
Whoops, you sent some pics of your beautifully detailed black '14. Well, I'll raise you a red '13.

It's amazing how easily we can get distracted when a pretty girl is admiring your bike. Especially when she's on the other side of the gas pump. Which, of course, caused me to lose track of what I was doing until the fountain of gas was flowing down the side of my tank.

So, when I got home, I decided to make it right, and took out my detailing supplies, ending, as Whoops does, with a coat of CMX Ceramic.

All's well that ends well.
 
She’s beautiful, Gone in 60.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Whoops, you sent some pics of your beautifully detailed black '14. Well, I'll raise you a red '13.

It's amazing how easily we can get distracted when a pretty girl is admiring your bike. Especially when she's on the other side of the gas pump. Which, of course, caused me to lose track of what I was doing until the fountain of gas was flowing down the side of my tank.

So, when I got home, I decided to make it right, and took out my detailing supplies, ending, as Whoops does, with a coat of CMX Ceramic.

All's well that ends well.
The gas station equivalent of walking into a lamp post when admiring the girl on the other side of the street, Doh!:celebrate:
 
Two days after buying my first motorcycle (a Honda CB175) at the age of 16, I pulled off the motorcycle equivalent of that stunt. Watching a pretty girl on the street I stopped watching the slow moving traffic ahead and rear ended a car. I don’t think she came to my rescue.
 
Been there and done that! Back in the day I had a Honda CL450 and was riding home to Whittier from West Los Angeles. Tooling along on the 10, the infamous Santa Monica Fwy, traffic was slow-moving and congested. I was watching the blond in the 'Vette on my right, and when I looked back, it was Ohh Sh!t. I grabbed all the brake I had, and had time to think, "I'm going to make it...no, I'm not." Bang! Not going very fast but enough to put me on the pavement. Compound fracture of the right ulna, the forearm. I can still tell when it's going to rain, but I'm still ridin'!
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
Looking at beautiful girls causes a lot of accidents , but what can we do , it is our instinct !
... some have said nothing a few snips can't fix. :s
... some have said nothing a few snips can't fix. :s
Not all fixes are good for a full life !
 
Well-done, 60. That is a beautiful shine. I'm sure the girl was beautiful as well. Looking at the photo again, it's not just the shiny tank. Even your black bits made of plastic, vinyl, and rubber look great, as do your silver parts. That is a proper detail, the kind you can only get when you do it yourself. I charge you with making all CB1100 owners look good.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Whoops, you sent some pics of your beautifully detailed black '14. Well, I'll raise you a red '13.

It's amazing how easily we can get distracted when a pretty girl is admiring your bike. Especially when she's on the other side of the gas pump. Which, of course, caused me to lose track of what I was doing until the fountain of gas was flowing down the side of my tank.

So, when I got home, I decided to make it right, and took out my detailing supplies, ending, as Whoops does, with a coat of CMX Ceramic.

All's well that ends well.
What a gorgeously shiny, rich red! Man, that color really pops when it is all detailed out. Nice. :beerchug:
 
Just the opposite here, back in the 70's I used to fill my bike at a garage with service by a nice young lady. So I'd sit on the bike with near empty tank and say just half a gallon please and then get talking to her while she filled the bike then all of a sudden wooosh over fill but she would only charge me for half a gallon ;)
 
Mixagon_imp said:
Just the opposite here, back in the 70's I used to fill my bike at a garage with service by a nice young lady. So I'd sit on the bike with near empty tank and say just half a gallon please and then get talking to her while she filled the bike then all of a sudden wooosh over fill but she would only charge me for half a gallon ;)
You cheeky devil !
 
Rogerdj_imp said:
If I ever give up looking I will be worried, will be a sign the time has come for a wooden box to take me away...
Yeah, understood. Fortunately there are other approaches that skip the box.

Nevertheless, don't give up. You're almost there!
 
Thread starter
It's like an old friend told me long ago, "You can look on the menu, but you gotta eat at home."

Thanks for the comments, guys. I like to keep my bikes and cars nicely detailed. Not too hard to do when the bikes are only ridden to and from work on clear days on dry roads.

My house is a mess. At least I can have a few nice, clean things.
 
Back
Top