Who cares ? '13/'14/DLX ?

I'm quite surprised that many here say that they prefer mags on the CB1100 over the spokes. Maybe not the majority but I've read it a few times. And the reason about the difficulty of cleaning spokes I find odd. I think dirty spokes on the CB1100 still looks better than clean mags.
Is it confirmed that they are not tubeless? Tire tech today minimizes the risks associated with tube tires of yesteryear.
I wonder how many people would've bought the bike with mags if the option of spokes were available in the USA in 2013/2014 or if the mags were just overlooked because the rest of the bike is just so darn perfect!
 
I like the looks, durability and low maintenance of the cast wheels. Left spokes many bikes ago, and I don't miss 'em. I definitely get how others could like them, though.
 
Maggies all the way, love the looks of spokes but dislike cleaning them
Like single exhaust over dual; back in the day, I always switched stock duals to a single Kerker
 
Obviously quite a few of us care about.... the looks, lol.

My stance on this has been plastered all over this forum.
 
For utility I like mags, but for looks spokes. Wish there was a button I could push so the bike was in mag mode for riding and switched to spokes mode when stopped. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
For utility I like mags, but for looks spokes. Wish there was a button I could push so the bike was in mag mode for riding and switched to spokes mode when stopped. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cleaning spokes sucks.... :excited:
 
Hondahawkrider_imp said:
Elipten_imp said:
For utility I like mags, but for looks spokes. Wish there was a button I could push so the bike was in mag mode for riding and switched to spokes mode when stopped. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cleaning spokes sucks.... :excited:
Cleaning bikes sucks! Much better to be riding. :excited:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Hondahawkrider_imp said:
Elipten_imp said:
For utility I like mags, but for looks spokes. Wish there was a button I could push so the bike was in mag mode for riding and switched to spokes mode when stopped. Lol


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cleaning spokes sucks.... :excited:
Cleaning bikes sucks! Much better to be riding. :excited:
I second that :thumbsup:
 
My 13 standard is the to go bike when it's raining and the mag wheels got their cleaning in natural rain earlier today .. Love them all ..
 
I prefer the mag wheels. Simplicity!!

Cleaning bikes is easy!! Compared to my big Dodge diesel anyway, which is a workout!
I love the black '14 Standard. I get lots of admiring looks and comments on her whenever I venture out. I "get" the DLX reflects the style of yore with the red tank and silver engine but the black still does it for me!
 
It seems to me that Honda spent a long time working on the design of the original CB1100 (as it was for the 13 model), and that is because they wanted it to reflect various aspects of the entire range of Honda In-Line Fours as they have appeared over the years. It has taken me some time, although I love the look of the bike, to adjust to the relatively modest performance of such a large capacity machine; but that seems to have a lot to do with the 'ethos' of the bike too. After three years I am only just beginning to fully appreciate the relaxed way of riding the bike demands, but am the better for it.

The mag wheels reflect this too. They echo the shape of the old iconic Comstar wheels of the 70's and 80's, rather than the earlier spoked versions that were common to other machines of the time. I wouldn't like to say that the 'Comstar' look is better, and clearly lots of riders prefer spokes, but the Comstar look is there for a reason, which has a lot to do with the look of the original design. Sticking with that original design of the 13 model (apart from the fact that I just cannot afford to keep changing for later versions) has enabled me appreciate the thinking behind Honda's motives for developing the CB1100.
 
Back
Top