WHITE HOUSE AND WYVERN PICS

Simply beautiful! I have been considering doing exactly the same conversion to my EX, which would have the added benefit of already coming with the spoke wheels.

The only thing I would still do on yours is remove the rectangular side reflectors on the forks, since you now have the round ones further up.
 
FJR919_imp said:
Thank you. I also had the Wyvern instructions translated to English (in for a penny in for a pound). I already shared them with another forum member who purchased a system and will do so with anyone else who buys a Wyvern system from our friend and sponsor, Mr. T.
FJR,

I agree with your comment about not wanting to mess with tube tires. My Road King has spoke wheels with tube tires and flats can't be plugged. I HATE tube tires and swore I'd never buy another bike that needed them. However.....your bike is so amazing and it is screaming for spoked wheels to complete it. If there is a single exception to the "no tube tires" rule, your CB is it. Well done.

Chip
 
The DLX is beautiful stock, this just brings that added touch to the 70's. A retro early 70's bike would bring in about 12-14K is this condition, we'll worth the $$$ for a modern 70's classic :thumbsup:
 
Nice work, love the pipes. I've got a new wallpaper. My BMW had tubes but the Outex kit from Japan works perfect. I'm sure Mr. T can get them. I got mine on Ebay. My beloved gold kit is in England now, that could leave just you here, but I'm not sure?
Looks awesome, love it.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. If I can get spoked wheels that can be used with tubeless tires (I'm looking at some now)
I may go for it. The Dunlop tube tires for the OEM Honda spoked wheels don't seem to be available in the USA, making future replacement issues difficult and expensive.
 
FJR919_imp said:
Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. If I can get spoked wheels that can be used with tubeless tires (I'm looking at some now)
I may go for it. The Dunlop tube tires for the OEM Honda spoked wheels don't seem to be available in the USA, making future replacement issues difficult and expensive.
Keep us informed on the tubeless set up, it's looking more and more like I won't be going this route after all (money) but I sure do want a set really bad, so you never know, not being able to get tubed dunlops has been holding me up too., lovin' your bike man, you must've hit the gas to hard and it propelled you back to 1969....:worship:
 
18" tubes won't be a problem. Very common sizes, found all you'll need on Amazon.
The Outex kit works very well if you want to go tubeless.
See Video:
 
Thread starter
Ack-CB11_imp said:
18" tubes won't be a problem. Very common sizes, found all you'll need on Amazon.
The Outex kit works very well if you want to go tubeless.
See Video:
The Outex looks like an interesting option; I had not heard of it before. I'm presently considering KINEO wheels from Europe. Expensive, but they look good.
 
Very nicely done, not too much, not too little. The hard part is knowing when to stop. Last ride a Thruxton. It had alloy spokes very light very nice. Two things, first I became accustomed to the bias ply tires and could not really say whether I preferred the Thruxton or my Wife's Bonnie with alloys and radials. One not really better, just a different feel. Two, somewhere in googleville I found a spray that would seal the spoked rims for tubeless application. I agree that spokes would complete the look, perhaps alloys with a spoke like affect? One way or the other, make yourself happy with the wheels and STOP you are as close to perfect as this little slice of reality will allow!
 
FJR919_imp said:
Ack-CB11_imp said:
18" tubes won't be a problem. Very common sizes, found all you'll need on Amazon.
The Outex kit works very well if you want to go tubeless.
See Video:
The Outex looks like an interesting option; I had not heard of it before. I'm presently considering KINEO wheels from Europe. Expensive, but they look good.
Kineos are a great wheel.
A few guys have them on their R9T's and love them. Lots of color options too.
They are stock on MV Augusta's and I hear they are really backed up on orders.........
 
Thread starter
If I can only get a final answer about fitment on my bike. I'm awaiting an e-mail response from bikehps.com. Takashi said to make sure they can fit the 2014 Deluxe.
 
Back
Top