Where to tap speed sensor signal?

Egleaves, Does your diagram have page numbers on it? What are they?

Example 20-5

I ask as in the service manual they do not reference bikes by 1100E or 1100SA. Just CB1100 ‘13 model, or CB1100A after ‘13 model. That would be the deluxe as in ‘14 it was the only ABS model. I’m not sure what E model is, although Cormanus posted a list somewhere.

I only have up to 2014. Don’t have any other other years.
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Egleaves, Does your diagram have page numbers on it? What are they?

Example 20-5

I ask as in the service manual they do not reference bikes by 1100E or 1100SA. Just CB1100 ‘13 model, or CB1100A after ‘13 model. That would be the deluxe as in ‘14 it was the only ABS model. I’m not sure what E model is, although Cormanus posted a list somewhere.

I only have up to 2014. Don’t have any other other years.
It has 20-5 on the lower left and 20-4 lower right.
 
That diagram is not correct as I noted above. Max combined 2 different diagrams by mistake. I’m sure he will correct them as soon as he finds out.

Is your bike a 2014 standard (non ABS) or a DLX. The DLX has 2 mufflers and ABS (sensor ring on front and back).
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
That diagram is not correct as I noted above. Max combined 2 different diagrams by mistake. I’m sure he will correct them as soon as he finds out.

Is your bike a 2014 standard (non ABS) or a DLX. The DLX has 2 mufflers and ABS (sensor ring on front and back).
Standard....no ABS.
 
Egleaves, Check your PM
 
guys i just checked my left and right pictures and the now famous pink/green wire does simply not exist on the right page, it just stops on the left one.
normally not an issue until i stitched them together, what can we do?
 
CB1100A is likely the 2010 model. 2014 is CB1100E.
 
Max, I am going to send them both the 2 proper scans. You just need to put the proper scans together. You got them mixed up. If you still have them, the file names should allow you to get the right ones matched up.

Or email me and I’ll re-send them.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
CB1100A is likely the 2010 model. 2014 is CB1100E.
This mayn't be quite correct, in Canada, when I bought my 2013 CB1100 ABS, it was 2013 CB1100A...but it is possible that 2010-2013 were called CB1100A..with or without ABS :huh:, for 100% sure 2013 CB1100 A in Canada was ABS
 
You may well be right, Peterbaron, although the letter at the end usually denotes the year. However, some of the usuage seems to be at the discretion of national distributors. Honda Australia called my 2011 the CB1100B
 
In my US model 2013 owners manual and service manual (both 2013 and the 2014 with both years) Non-ABS is just CB1100 and ABS models are CB1100A. None of the B,E or any of that.

Then the parts fiches are different. For example, the DLX is listed as CB1100SA AC and the ‘14 standard is CB1100 AC. Whatever all that is.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Anybody?.....
Posts 2 & 3: pink/green (position 1 of 10 pin connector)
 
Unconfirmed or speculation, pick whichever word you want. :)

I've already had this conversation over PM and it was followed with the caveat of "don't blame us if you smoke your ECU".

I'm cool with that warning- and therefore sit back and wait for confirmation from people more knowledgeable about electronics and testing to let me know.

I on the other hand will be the guinea pig on the cost, labor and risk of having to pretty much replace my entire engine on possible failure of my 'performance' camshafts.
 
On the ‘14 Non ABS the speed sensor does not go to the ECU. It goes directly to the meter. The meter sends speed data to the ECU on the serial data line.

Max is worried that the device you are installing might have low input impedance and thus load or damage the speed sensor. My thought is that you device designers though of that. I, personally, would do a test tap on the VSP+ line and see what happens. The instructions for your device say to do that so I think, but cannot guarantee, that it would work.

Without a schematic of the device none of us can give you a definite answer.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Unconfirmed or speculation, pick whichever word you want. :)

I've already had this conversation over PM and it was followed with the caveat of "don't blame us if you smoke your ECU".

I'm cool with that warning- and therefore sit back and wait for confirmation from people more knowledgeable about electronics and testing to let me know.

I on the other hand will be the guinea pig on the cost, labor and risk of having to pretty much replace my entire engine on possible failure of my 'performance' camshafts.
Take a look at your schematic. The speed sensor + is pink/green.

The differences between non ABS and ABS schematics have been sorted, but
the Signal Dynamics website (link previously supplied) advises to connect their white wire to the speed sensor.

For any concerns, contact Signal Dynamics.
 
I keep mine without any "miracle gizmos" = simplicity is the key for trouble free riding
:thumbsup:
 
Egleaves: Did you get this sorted?
 
I'm going to tap the pink/white wire off the rear wheel sensor later this afternoon and hope for no puffs of smoke from the ecu, power commander, dash, etc... ;)
 
Back
Top