Where to get a seat pan/plate?

Sodbuster_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Is it even possible to buy just a seat pan?

I've been researching and can't find one, I'm not even sure of the correct definition: seat pan, seat plate, etc. I couldn't find it through Samurider, Webike, or even OEM.

I used my own stock seat to build a new seat, worked out great but still not right so moving on to next idea and would rather build another rather than tear down the seat I'm using.

Anyone build there own seat?

Sodbuster
 
The pan would just be timber and the fittings, wouldn't it?
 
Sodbuster_imp said:
Is it even possible to buy just a seat pan?

I've been researching and can't find one, I'm not even sure of the correct definition: seat pan, seat plate, etc. I couldn't find it through Samurider, Webike, or even OEM.

I used my own stock seat to build a new seat, worked out great but still not right so moving on to next idea and would rather build another rather than tear down the seat I'm using.

Anyone build there own seat?

Sodbuster
A lot of people build fiberglass diy seat bases nowadays, it's not overly complicated and might prove to be a garage weekend well spent.



Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
The pan would just be timber and the fittings, wouldn't it?
LOL, aint to sure if that's joke, as in panning for gold?
tod.branko_imp said:
Sodbuster_imp said:
Is it even possible to buy just a seat pan?

I've been researching and can't find one, I'm not even sure of the correct definition: seat pan, seat plate, etc. I couldn't find it through Samurider, Webike, or even OEM.

I used my own stock seat to build a new seat, worked out great but still not right so moving on to next idea and would rather build another rather than tear down the seat I'm using.

Anyone build there own seat?

Sodbuster
A lot of people build fiberglass diy seat bases nowadays, it's not overly complicated and might prove to be a garage weekend well spent.



Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
A lot of people build fiberglass diy seat bases nowadays, it's not overly complicated and might prove to be a garage weekend well spent.



Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk Now THAT, is interesting. I'm going to look into it...
 
Back
Top