Where are the remaining new 2014 Standards in the South

jimmyb223_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi:

I just moved to Franklin, TN. I was planning to buy a new CB1100 earlier this year, but an opportunity to relocate came up and it included several months of travel.

Now that I'm settled, I resumed my plan to buy a new CB1100. Unfortunately, I find that all the 2014 DLX models are sold. I'm OK with getting a new Standard. Now I just need to find a dealer that really has one in stock and is ready to "deal."

Anybody know of any new 2014's in stock within about 4 hours of Nashville, from a good dealer?
 
I think Des Plaines Honda, just outside Chicago has one. It's more than 4 hours and I have no idea if they will "deal". They always have for me, though.
 
Beechmont Motorsports in Cncinnati has one. 513-752-0088
 
Thread starter
jimmyb223_imp said:
Hi:

I just moved to Franklin, TN. I was planning to buy a new CB1100 earlier this year, but an opportunity to relocate came up and it included several months of travel.

Now that I'm settled, I resumed my plan to buy a new CB1100. Unfortunately, I find that all the 2014 DLX models are sold. I'm OK with getting a new Standard. Now I just need to find a dealer that really has one in stock and is ready to "deal."

Anybody know of any new 2014's in stock within about 4 hours of Nashville, from a good dealer?
There is a DLX in the forum classifieds.
 
jimmyb223_imp said:
Nemo_imp said:
What I've been finding with Cycle Trader is that dealers are listing CB1100's but don't really have them in stock. I went in to that Cool Springs dealer and they admitted they didn't have one.
Really?!?! :dodgy: Well, I know for a fact that the St. Augustine one is there because I've touched it and they still call me to see if I'm gonna buy it.

Also, food for thought, I've found that the CB is a bike that it is most likely safe to buy pre-owned because the owners are usually from a demographic that 1) self-preservation instincts have already fully developed as much as they do in people who ride, and 2) are serious about taking care of their stuff.

Good luck on your search.
 
Because I bought the CB1100 within the first few weeks it was released in the US, I paid full sticker. At the time, I thought that was a good deal. Had I know how the new & used market pricing would develop, .....
 
rbike_imp said:
Because I bought the CB1100 within the first few weeks it was released in the US, I paid full sticker. At the time, I thought that was a good deal. Had I know how the new & used market pricing would develop, .....
Don't fret over it, you have enjoyed the pleasure of owning the bike for a couple of years now and if it's a keeper, who cares if you paid a little more than us that waited over a year to get one! Enjoy the ride! :biker:
 
rbike_imp said:
Because I bought the CB1100 within the first few weeks it was released in the US, I paid full sticker. At the time, I thought that was a good deal. Had I know how the new & used market pricing would develop, .....
Two words: opportunity cost. You (and I -- I bought mine in April 2013) have been riding our bikes for nearly three years now.
 
Craigslist. You can search geographic areas starting with those nearest you. Found lots of them last time I looked. Go to motorcycles by owners AND dealers, type in CB1100.
 
There is one at Lakehill motorcycles in Cornith Miss. Saw it a couple of weeks ago. About 110 miles due east of Memphis Tn. A honda dealer.
 
jimmyb223_imp said:
Hi:

I just moved to Franklin, TN. I was planning to buy a new CB1100 earlier this year, but an opportunity to relocate came up and it included several months of travel.

Now that I'm settled, I resumed my plan to buy a new CB1100. Unfortunately, I find that all the 2014 DLX models are sold. I'm OK with getting a new Standard. Now I just need to find a dealer that really has one in stock and is ready to "deal."

Anybody know of any new 2014's in stock within about 4 hours of Nashville, from a good dealer?
Jimmy, sent you a PM.
Bob
 
I was on cycle trader here in Texas. Just bought a brand new 2014 std. While searching for that one I found a bunch of new stds and a couple of deluxes 200miles around the Houston area.

I know the stds are in stock. I never called in the deluxes though.

Is shipping an option?
 
Wow, that one in Nashville has an automatic transmission :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top