GoldOxide_imp
Road warrior
... Going downhill the pipes were 'blatting' and 'popping' as the unburned fuel ignited in the pipes every time an exhaust valve opened to release hot combustion gasses. Then he opened the throttle to ascend the other side and it became a series of cracking staccato sonic impacts that sounded like rapid 'hammering' on a 2x4 laying on concrete.Stichill_imp said:The fact that it is a phone is incidental to the fact that is a camera.Cormanus_imp said:Stichill, please don’t tell us that photo was taken with a cell phone by the driver of a car.![]()
Because he was wearing flip-flops, he didn't want to put his feet down. So he pulled up early and was rolling slowly when I stopped behind him and grabbed the closeup frame using optical zoom.
I was following in my roadster with the top down. He went down a steep hill, over a short bridge, and up a steep hill on the other side. Going downhill the pipes were 'blatting' and 'popping' as the unburned fuel ignited in the pipes every time an exhaust valve opened to release hot combustion gasses. Then he opened the throttle to ascend the other side and it became a series of cracking staccato sonic impacts that sounded like rapid 'hammering' on a 2x4 laying on concrete.GoldOxide_imp said:Ugh. I can't disagree with the observations and imagining the annoying audio is too easy. Did he needlessly thunderclap the engine as he toe'ed slowly up to the stop sign? Is that the "hammering"?
Worse: He has likely spawned offspring, maybe in multiple counties - even states.
So let's not get too judgmental here. There is no hope for some. We need to remain, um, compassionate. (I think I'm gonna puke)
Nice dash cam capture Stichill.![]()
I cannot get my head around how any of that is therapy for the rider - and of course - bystanders.
Damages goods my fellow riders, damaged goods. Stay clear.

