Wheels Through Time, Maggie Valley NC

Mtneers

Been there
Thread starter
Just saw where the owner, Dale Walksler, passed from cancer yesterday. What a loss to our sport. I hope someone continues the museum. It’s well worth the trip. RIP Dale.

Wheels Through Time Museum


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have been there many times and at one time my wife came with me after the program "What's in the barn " Dale was VERY nice and told us that the program brought so many more people to his museum and many non bikers came to visit.
He died too young and will be missed by many.
 
RIP Dale :(

Never been there but loved his TV show.
 
Been there.Many tmes as well. Dale was a real personable fellow. Always happy to talk old. Motorcycles. What a shame. I'm sure his son will carry on the business.
 
One time I asked Dale about starting a motorcycle that had been sitting for decades. He explained that motorcycles are inanimate machines and they dont know if they were last shut off yesterday or 100 years ago. Check for compression and spark, pour in fresh gas, check the oil level, and fire them up.

Thought it would be more complicated than that lol
 
I stopped by there the first rally in 2014? With Duh and the member from Florida (I forget his name).
Great place with cool upstairs area.
 
Sad news indeed. In 2009 we camped with friends in Maggie Valley and visited the museum. Dale was there that day and was our guide, explaining the history of the classic bikes on display and even starting up several of them. He was a cheerful man, obviously enjoying what he had built and sharing his knowledge with like minded enthusiasts. May he rest in peace, he'll be missed.
 
mtneers_imp said:
Just saw where the owner, Dale Walksler, passed from cancer yesterday. What a loss to our sport. I hope someone continues the museum. It’s well worth the trip. RIP Dale.

Wheels Through Time Museum


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sad. Never knew the man, but based on his recorded efforts, looks like he would have been a pleasure to learn from. May the fruits of his legacy continue.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
ride4now?
No... it wasn’t me. I forget the guys name but maybe it was the guy we rode up with from Georgia? I hate that I can’t remember his name but he disappeared after the rally. Never heard from him again.
Actually... his name was Sanpete.
offroadfx4_imp said:
Yes, ride4now....good memory Cormanus....I forgot you were there for that rally!
Oh my... I’m losing it. I think you are right... and we went for lunch somewhere in Maggy Valley too.
 
I think so. Pterodactyl and I went somewhere in the morning and we’re going to drop into to the museum on the way back but somehow missed the turn off. A pity.
 
While doing a trip to the Smokies, stopped in . Dale was out in the parking lot riding a old old Harley. He stopped for a while and talked to us, we didn’t have time to tour the museum, but Dale was more than eager to talk to us motorcyclist guys . Great guy.
 
Back
Top