whats the diff between the cb1100 and the cb1100f

I'd bet an RC1 or 2 would fit that just fine. I don't like the stock faring at all as I prefer a round headlight.
 
I prefer the style we got. The CB1300 looks just like a Gen 1 FZ-1 (had 2 of those) or any modern semi sport bike really. No real rear fender, stubby little front fender, back end kicked way up in the air to a pointy tail section. High and back footpegs. Rear seat unfit for passenger, a radiator and no motor fins? uggghh. Dime a dozen styling wise.

Why not just buy a CBR1000? or the new Suzuki GS1000? Or a Z 1000 Kaw?
 
The ferret_imp said:
I prefer the style we got. The CB1300 looks just like a Gen 1 FZ-1 (had 2 of those) or any modern semi sport bike really. No real rear fender, stubby little front fender, back end kicked way up in the air to a pointy tail section. High and back footpegs. Rear seat unfit for passenger, a radiator and no motor fins? uggghh. Dime a dozen styling wise.

Why not just buy a CBR1000? or the new Suzuki GS1000? Or a Z 1000 Kaw?
Because its a standard riding position and I hate leaning too far forward.
 
Personally I find the CB1300 much better looking than all the manga bikes like the ones you mention Ferret. To each his own I guess.

No matter, I love my CB1100 so it's all good!
 
Henrik_imp said:
Why did you have to link to the Honda Japan site? Every time I surf there I find something I wish I could get. I like the CB1300 in general, but this special edition is simply stunning:

25e278937eae5fe4fbcfaa06167220ca.jpg
That is stunning. I would have to have one if it were offered here.
 
SanPete_imp said:
AndyHe_imp said:
JustPassinThru_imp said:
I'm gonna get lots of rotten tomatoes tossed at me for this...

...but I like the style of the 1983 better.

It was a period where I thought they were showing some imagination in motorcycle styling. The UJM format was good but bland. Harley hadn't really started its comeback; it was a few years before all the Asian companies would be deep into Vee Cruisers.

This was a natural progression of the UJM. A stepped seat, to give the little lady behind you a view of something other than your back. Yet still the operator sits in a natural position...not a crouch; nor reclined and unable to rise up. And the raised tail incorporating seat and fender.

I always liked the Nighthawk styling...hated to see the Nighthawk 250 go by the wayside. Wanted one as an around-town ride. Although I gather that in use they were mean, crude, poverty rides...DRUM BRAKES!...even erzatz-cruiser Rebel was updated to disks.

But the style was always pleasing to me.
I agree.

I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege!
I agree.

I've owned four nighthawks and very much like the styling. If Honda would bring over their CB1300 Super Four BOL D'OR ( CB1300 | Honda公式サイト ) I'd trade in my CB1100 for it but quick... sacrilege! The Japs are keeping the best bikes for themselves those bloody boogers.
"The Japs"??? Really?
 
Back
Top