What's Old Is New Again!

Hittheroad_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I found my old windshield (that I thought was long gone many years ago) in my Dad's garage last year. I had it on my 1977 Vespa Piaggio Ciao' when I was 14. Why I needed a shield for a bike that went all but 25-30 mph is beyond me, but it survived, even after the Vespa didn't. I bought an MRA mounting kit that fit perfectly and installed it on my CB. It has a lot of shelf wear but it polished up nice! Not bad for 38 years old!
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
 
Congrats for this nice windshield.

As I also use a MRA windshield and use the same MRA mounting kit, I just would like to let you know, that I experienced some problems, when I installed it at the handlebar, the way like you did. The clamp at the handlebar seems to be a little bit weak in this vertical direction and the windshield started to bounce up and down, when riding over bad surface.

I changed it this way, as you can see at this picture. Stability is much better this way.

cef22349b774fff59841b9391f27d122.jpg


jm2c
 
Thread starter
Django_imp said:
Congrats for this nice windshield.

As I also use a MRA windshield and use the same MRA mounting kit, I just would like to let you know, that I experienced some problems, when I installed it at the handlebar, the way like you did. The clamp at the handlebar seems to be a little bit weak in this vertical direction and the windshield started to bounce up and down, when riding over bad surface.

I changed it this way, as you can see at this picture. Stability is much better this way.

cef22349b774fff59841b9391f27d122.jpg


jm2c
I anchored mine further up on the handlebar. With a test run, I found it to be fairly stable.
[/img]
 
I bought an MRA screen for the Griso, worked so well I bought mounts for the CB too. :D
 
Back
Top