Whats old is new again.

Looks like he grew up a bit. Love the two Hondas in the backgrounds.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Great pics, Hiram! What's the bike in the background of the '84 pic?
The bike in the background is a CB 750 Deluxe purchased in 1982 in Bellville New Jersey. Now that I've told you about the bike, what model Cherokee in that picture? I owned a Cherokee 140 for about 10 years. Got my instrument rating in it.
 
Hiram E. Varona_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Great pics, Hiram! What's the bike in the background of the '84 pic?
The bike in the background is a CB 750 Deluxe purchased in 1982 in Bellville New Jersey. Now that I've told you about the bike, what model Cherokee in that picture? I owned a Cherokee 140 for about 10 years. Got my instrument rating in it.
Fair enough! :D It's a '68 Cherokee 180D model. Standard panel and trim on the floor. I've owned it for 22 years, and much like the CB1100, it's doubtful I'll ever sell it. It does everything I need it to do. I've always considered the Cherokee to be the the CB of the air. :P

541c893b09cd10fac8288f9becff3ff6.jpg
 
Hiram! You're a champion. Well done.

Great photos too.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
Hiram E. Varona_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
Great pics, Hiram! What's the bike in the background of the '84 pic?
The bike in the background is a CB 750 Deluxe purchased in 1982 in Bellville New Jersey. Now that I've told you about the bike, what model Cherokee in that picture? I owned a Cherokee 140 for about 10 years. Got my instrument rating in it.
Fair enough! :D It's a '68 Cherokee 180D model. Standard panel and trim on the floor. I've owned it for 22 years, and much like the CB1100, it's doubtful I'll ever sell it. It does everything I need it to do. I've always considered the Cherokee to be the the CB of the air. :P

541c893b09cd10fac8288f9becff3ff6.jpg
Fair enough! :D It's a '68 Cherokee 180D model. Standard panel and trim on the floor. I've owned it for 22 years, and much like the CB1100, it's doubtful I'll ever sell it. It does everything I need it to do. I've always considered the Cherokee to be the the CB of the air. :P

4d477f66582db94313ff18155f8d8703.jpg

I'm sorry I did not answer sooner but I no longer get a signal at home. I had a 68 Cherokee that I flew for 10 years. However I had the opportunity to work on the 180 model because friends had them. I changed flight control cables on more than one of these. It flies better than the 140 and it's a solid airplane through and through. My dream airplane was always the 1957 "V" tailed Bonanza but availability and the cost of that aircraft always kept me away. The Cherokee 6 was another of my favorites but I no longer fly due to health reasons. Good luck with your beautiful bird, may you fly it as long as you can!
 
Back
Top