What year, model CB750 does the CB1100 look like the most?

TCBronson_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
What is the consensus as to what year and model the CB1100 looks like the most? I think Honda tried to capture the essence of several CB years in one.
 
Well, one could argue it'd have to be a 1979 or newer because of the DOHC, but aside from the engine, I see only a passing resemblance to the CB750's (and CB900's) of that period.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Well, one could argue it'd have to be a 1979 or newer because of the DOHC, but aside from the engine, I see only a passing resemblance to the CB750's (and CB900's) of that period.
I have to agree with you!
 
I don't think the CB1100 resembles any one particular year of the CB750. It's got styling cues from various CBs from mid 70s to early 80s.

I think the squarish, Candy Glory Red tank with knee dents and off color, triangular side panels ('10-'13) remind me most of the '79 CBX.

196d1083b06ab0668ff95acd220cd7cd.jpg


8a2fa1280cd07b0df51ac0b2f50865a2.jpg


Most of the time when people are trying to guess the year of my '13 model it's late 70s to early 80s.
 
I've thought that it favors a CBX more than anything. Mostly the tank and the way it runs. REEEAAAALLLL SMMOOOOOOOTH> The CBX I had was real smooth too.
 
Here was my 81 CB750C bought new in 81. Chrome fenders but came with 4 into 4 exhaust. Not really that similar to this model. We did have some good times cruising in So Cal back in the day. :thumbsup:

d9f6abffced0272e1c9cdb01c833ea71.jpg
 
Back
Top