What would you do...

Gone in 60

Road warrior
Thread starter
My wife and I did a quick "driveway exchange" of gifts last night with our neighbor. Dave came out wearing a very nice Yamaha sweatshirt, and I commented on how cool it looks. He's a systems analyst for hire, and explained that he's working on contract for Yamaha.

Peering over my shoulder into the garage at my CB and Bonneville, he said that if I were interested in a new bike, he could get a substantial discount on a Yamaha. When he told me the percentage of the discount, my jaw hit my driveway. Possibly a "sell one of my bikes and walk into a new Yamaha for very little money" sort of discount.

My mind has been swirling over it. I'm in desperate need of new winter gloves, and went to a dealer yesterday to try some on, and found myself sitting on an XSR900...
 
promise to sell one of them ,buy the XSR :P
" Honey market is soft right now...yada yadda " giving you time to work on the master plan, time will be on your side.
Now if you did executed this plan once...you are on your own! They are known to work only once :angel:
 
You already have two beautiful "sport heritage" class bikes. If you're going to get a Yamaha, go for the FJR or a Tracer 9 for touring. Or the Tenere of you want an ADV bike. Or one of the YZ bikes for dirt. Or even a Niken for something completely different. The CB and the Bonneville already do the heritage thing better than the XSR900...
 
Roper_imp said:
You already have two beautiful "sport heritage" class bikes. If you're going to get a Yamaha, go for the FJR or a Tracer 9 for touring. Or the Tenere of you want an ADV bike. Or one of the YZ bikes for dirt. Or even a Niken for something completely different. The CB and the Bonneville already do the heritage thing better than the XSR900...
But not the "sport." The XSR annihilates the Bonneville and CB as a performance machine.
 
Thread starter
Funny, the TW200 was rolling around in my think stack. I could actually use something fun as a pit bike when I'm working events. The company wants to give me one of our golf carts, but I'd much rather have a two-wheeler. That way, #1, I could get the company to pay for it, and #2, I'd have a place to keep it.

I spent the early part of the day detailing the CB and the Bonnie while Mrs. Gone baked one last pan of baklava, and I don't think I'm ready to part with either of 'em. But oh, the possibilities...
 
I have the same conundrum. My SO’s daughter is the general manager of an Indian and Yamaha dealership in So Cal. I’m not interested in either brand but the deals she can get are compelling.
 
Thread starter
The wave runner would be nice, but garage space is maxed out with two cars and two bikes. I can’t park anything outside and am not going to pay to store anything. I’m in a “have to sell something to get something” situation.
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
The wave runner would be nice, but garage space is maxed out with two cars and two bikes. I can’t park anything outside and am not going to pay to store anything. I’m in a “have to sell something to get something” situation.
I'd sell the Bonnie get a Nikken for touring or a T7 for messing around trails. But I don't have a Bonnie and my neighbor isn't affiliated with Yamaha
d7477fbd0d04009aefc408b4e655a89d.png


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
I’d move. I refuse to have a garage define what I’m able to ride. Glad I’m not in your situation. 2 very nice bikes you have. I’d probably just keep them.
 
Thread starter
I’d move too if I could afford it, and if my family situation didn’t glue me to my current location. I was shopping FZ09s when I did a 180 and bought my CB1100, would still like to ride something with that 900 to see what all the fuss is about.

Any further thoughts will have to wait until the holidays are over. Family comes before thoughts of new bikes.... right?
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
I’d move too if I could afford it, and if my family situation didn’t glue me to my current location. I was shopping FZ09s when I did a 180 and bought my CB1100, would still like to ride something with that 900 to see what all the fuss is about.

Any further thoughts will have to wait until the holidays are over. Family comes before thoughts of new bikes.... right?
Hmmm, can't it be both?
 
lol... if I had to choose it would indeed be family
 
Back
Top