What would you choose?

glenridgerich_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Lemme start by saying, I love my CB1100 and likely will keep it for the foreseeable future. That said, I always have a bug for a new toy (my gut tells me I'm not alone). If you were to get rid of your CB and get a new bike what would it be? Ohhh for me (at the moment) I'd get a HD Fat Bob (and switch the forward controls to mids). Thanks for weighing in!!!
 
If the XSR900 would have been in the $7.5K range (what I paid for my CB in Feb 2016), I would have gone that direction. However, I also hadn't done my research and wish I would have waited. I love the CB, but coming from a ZX-6R has been quite an adjustment.

I've figured out that I want the looks of the CB1100 with the sport ride of the FZ-09, hence, the XSR900. Motogeezer (fellow Central FL rider) has me as green as my old Kawi with envy.

Edit - in no way do I think the XSR is as good looking as the CB1100. However, they are both in a similar style for what I was looking for. Neo-retro vs modern classic.
 
I did in April and replaced it with a 2016 VStrom 650 thinking function over form but I couldn't pass up the chance to come back.
 
Downgrade but I'd buy a Grom. I so rarely get out of the city these days I think the grom would be fun and I'd be able to keep my foot in the motorcycle world.
 
My CB isn't going anywhere, but if you talk adding a stablemate, I'd consideran NC700, a SFV650 (2017),or 650 Vstrom, or a BMW R 1200R (2012 or 2013) right off the top of my head
 
Not selling the CB.... it is going to outlast me in the Garage... Thank you Honda for making it for us......however if getting one it would be the Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory 1100 ABS...
 
I would not replace my CB1100, but I would like a Triumph Tiger 800 XRx or BMW R 1200 RT (had to look up that model...never remember the BMW coding)
 
It's so cool that we all have big love for the CB in common and such diverse desires when considering a stablemate. As a longtime Yammy fan, especially the Bee colors (RZ350, FZ1) the XSR fits my techno-retro needs like a glove. It's not cheap - but neither is the CB - so IMO, cost is a moot point. Handling superb, the motor is killer, suspension primo, slipper clutch works great AND I will never have a bike without ABS again. So, I'm a very happy motorcyclist ;)
 
If I could afford one, it would probably be a BMW R nineT. I spotted one outside of the grocery store last week and spent some time checking it out (I really like the looks of this bike, even more so up close). Before I headed into the store the bike's owner came out and chatted it up for a while. It was obvious that he was very happy with his BMW.
 
I will keep my 14 STD. Great bike for daily riding to work. Some day I will also get me a 2013 HD Street Glide. Last year for the dash without the big touch screen.
 
At this point I can't imagine trading her in. The Griso yes, but the CB, not so much. But if something happened to it and I had to "replace" it, perhaps the Africa Twin.
 
to think of where i might go i have to think of where i have been.
loved the BMW R1200R but hated riding two up on it. would have killed myself on the hayabusa's because i got addicted to the power. the 1200s Bandit was honestly fantastic but also a rocket , so I will be happy with my CB's with no plans on selling or buying another bike.
If I had to choose it would be a ugly new Valkyrie because Honda will not build this bike which is what I want
 
Back
Top