Nachodaddy
Road warrior
I probably won't buy another motorcycle. I like the CB1100 and have grown to hate the BMWs. Wouldn't mind another Sportster, though.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Billie_imp said:You should take it for a spin, rode one at a demo day some years back, pretty quick.
I like all motorcycles, if I was filthy rich I'd have a barn full.
Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Ollie_imp said:Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Billie_imp said:Currently riding a 2020 HD FXLR (my touring bike) plus my 2014 CB1100. Keeping the CB for around town bike.
Currently nothing in HD's line-up excites me much, we'll see what they come up with a few yrs from now.
I bet ya they'll bring the Road King back, best bike in the Harley line up.
Get a kick out of the special, they black it out, take away the windshield, rear bag guard and front running lights then charge $2,000 more for it.
Yeh I'll pass.
Always liked the SuperGlide.

I had 2 Sportsters, a 59 and a 94, (and 3 big twins). None would make my list of top 10 favorite bikes that I have owned.Nachodaddy_imp said:I probably won't buy another motorcycle. I like the CB1100 and have grown to hate the BMWs. Wouldn't mind another Sportster, though.
Ollie_imp said:Billie_imp said:You should take it for a spin, rode one at a demo day some years back, pretty quick.
I like all motorcycles, if I was filthy rich I'd have a barn full.
Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Ollie_imp said:Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Billie_imp said:Currently riding a 2020 HD FXLR (my touring bike) plus my 2014 CB1100. Keeping the CB for around town bike.
Currently nothing in HD's line-up excites me much, we'll see what they come up with a few yrs from now.
I bet ya they'll bring the Road King back, best bike in the Harley line up.
Get a kick out of the special, they black it out, take away the windshield, rear bag guard and front running lights then charge $2,000 more for it.
Yeh I'll pass.
Always liked the SuperGlide.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
Billie_imp said:Ollie_imp said:Billie_imp said:You should take it for a spin, rode one at a demo day some years back, pretty quick.
I like all motorcycles, if I was filthy rich I'd have a barn full.
Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Ollie_imp said:Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Billie_imp said:Currently riding a 2020 HD FXLR (my touring bike) plus my 2014 CB1100. Keeping the CB for around town bike.
Currently nothing in HD's line-up excites me much, we'll see what they come up with a few yrs from now.
I bet ya they'll bring the Road King back, best bike in the Harley line up.
Get a kick out of the special, they black it out, take away the windshield, rear bag guard and front running lights then charge $2,000 more for it.
Yeh I'll pass.
Always liked the SuperGlide.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
[url=https://postimg.cc/ZC5y0JVJ]![]()
Nice looking ride, have the same grips on my Low Rider.
1985CB450_imp said:Billie_imp said:Ollie_imp said:Billie_imp said:You should take it for a spin, rode one at a demo day some years back, pretty quick.
I like all motorcycles, if I was filthy rich I'd have a barn full.
Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Ollie_imp said:Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Billie_imp said:Currently riding a 2020 HD FXLR (my touring bike) plus my 2014 CB1100. Keeping the CB for around town bike.
Currently nothing in HD's line-up excites me much, we'll see what they come up with a few yrs from now.
I bet ya they'll bring the Road King back, best bike in the Harley line up.
Get a kick out of the special, they black it out, take away the windshield, rear bag guard and front running lights then charge $2,000 more for it.
Yeh I'll pass.
Always liked the SuperGlide.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
[url=https://postimg.cc/ZC5y0JVJ]![]()
Nice looking ride, have the same grips on my Low Rider.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
[url=https://postimg.cc/ZC5y0JVJ]![]()
Nice looking ride, have the same grips on my Low Rider.
That’s nice, I had a Night train in matte silver with the staggered pipes, beautiful bike but I don’t miss the 21 inch front w/single disc.
My buddy has a 2014 low rider with the 19 up front like you w/dual disc and it’s worlds better

Ollie_imp said:1985CB450_imp said:Billie_imp said:Ollie_imp said:Billie_imp said:You should take it for a spin, rode one at a demo day some years back, pretty quick.
I like all motorcycles, if I was filthy rich I'd have a barn full.
Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Ollie_imp said:Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Billie_imp said:Currently riding a 2020 HD FXLR (my touring bike) plus my 2014 CB1100. Keeping the CB for around town bike.
Currently nothing in HD's line-up excites me much, we'll see what they come up with a few yrs from now.
I bet ya they'll bring the Road King back, best bike in the Harley line up.
Get a kick out of the special, they black it out, take away the windshield, rear bag guard and front running lights then charge $2,000 more for it.
Yeh I'll pass.
Always liked the SuperGlide.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
[url=https://postimg.cc/ZC5y0JVJ]![]()
Nice looking ride, have the same grips on my Low Rider.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
[url=https://postimg.cc/ZC5y0JVJ]![]()
Nice looking ride, have the same grips on my Low Rider.
That’s nice, I had a Night train in matte silver with the staggered pipes, beautiful bike but I don’t miss the 21 inch front w/single disc.
My buddy has a 2014 low rider with the 19 up front like you w/dual disc and it’s worlds better
Yeah I think 21" wheels belong on dirt bikes.
That bike was my first Harley. Back in 2004 a customer of mine managed the local Harley/Buell dealership. He called saying the Buell demo truck was coming Saturday and asked if I'd come demo the all new Buells, saying "I buy a lot from you, you really need to buy a bike from me" so I said sure.
Well after demo'ing I didn't care for Buells new 52" wheelbase series at all so when he approached me I felt kinda bad telling him so. He asked "what about a Harley then"?
I told him I never owned one but let's have a look and he took me in the showroom showing me everything Ultra Classics, Fat Boys, Sportsters, none of which interested me at all. Finally, just for the heck of it, I asked "what is your worst selling model"? After thinking for a second he walked me over to two Super Glide Sports, a blue 2005 FXDX carbureted with cast wheels and a silver 2004 FXDXI FI with spoke wheels, saying "these, nobody likes them because the seat's too high and bars too low, pegs aren't forward enough, and too much black where it should be chrome".
I saw those Super Glides in a completely different way; longer travel adjustable suspension for better ride and more ground clearance, twin disc brakes, more normal riding position, instruments up on the bars where I could see them instead of on the tank, and I kinda liked the black, so I started thinking....
I asked "what wheels are more desirable"? He said "spokes, they're an upgrade but most buyers want them." I thought to myself this is a perfect opportunity to buy probably the only Harley I actually like. He'll want to move the Silver 04 which I like because it has FI, but I want the cast wheels with tubeless tires on the 05. I believe list price was $14,300 but Harleys were still selling for above list then.
I said "OK you want me to buy something and I want to help you out, I'll give you $13,100 for that ugly gray and black 04 and to sweeten the deal you can swap the nice spoke wheels over to the 05 and put the cast wheels on it."
After shuffling papers on his desk and jokingly calling me every name in the book he said "OK it'll be ready tomorrow."

Ollie_imp said:1985CB450_imp said:Billie_imp said:Ollie_imp said:Billie_imp said:You should take it for a spin, rode one at a demo day some years back, pretty quick.
I like all motorcycles, if I was filthy rich I'd have a barn full.
Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Ollie_imp said:Same here they seem to have discontinued all the models I am interested in, EG Standard, Road King (NOT the "Special"), Super Glide Sport, etc...Billie_imp said:Currently riding a 2020 HD FXLR (my touring bike) plus my 2014 CB1100. Keeping the CB for around town bike.
Currently nothing in HD's line-up excites me much, we'll see what they come up with a few yrs from now.
I bet ya they'll bring the Road King back, best bike in the Harley line up.
Get a kick out of the special, they black it out, take away the windshield, rear bag guard and front running lights then charge $2,000 more for it.
Yeh I'll pass.
Always liked the SuperGlide.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
[url=https://postimg.cc/ZC5y0JVJ]![]()
Nice looking ride, have the same grips on my Low Rider.
Me too.... one of the bikes I wish I'd kept, 2004 FXDXI Super Glide Sport
[url=https://postimg.cc/ZC5y0JVJ]![]()
Nice looking ride, have the same grips on my Low Rider.
That’s nice, I had a Night train in matte silver with the staggered pipes, beautiful bike but I don’t miss the 21 inch front w/single disc.
My buddy has a 2014 low rider with the 19 up front like you w/dual disc and it’s worlds better
Yeah I think 21" wheels belong on dirt bikes.
That bike was my first Harley. Back in 2004 a customer of mine managed the local Harley/Buell dealership. He called saying the Buell demo truck was coming Saturday and asked if I'd come demo the all new Buells, saying "I buy a lot from you, you really need to buy a bike from me" so I said sure.
Well after demo'ing I didn't care for Buells new 52" wheelbase series at all so when he approached me I felt kinda bad telling him so. He asked "what about a Harley then"?
I told him I never owned one but let's have a look and he took me in the showroom showing me everything Ultra Classics, Fat Boys, Sportsters, none of which interested me at all. Finally, just for the heck of it, I asked "what is your worst selling model"? After thinking for a second he walked me over to two Super Glide Sports, a blue 2005 FXDX carbureted with cast wheels and a silver 2004 FXDXI FI with spoke wheels, saying "these, nobody likes them because the seat's too high and bars too low, pegs aren't forward enough, and too much black where it should be chrome".
I saw those Super Glides in a completely different way; longer travel adjustable suspension for better ride and more ground clearance, twin disc brakes, more normal riding position, instruments up on the bars where I could see them instead of on the tank, and I kinda liked the black, so I started thinking....
I asked "what wheels are more desirable"? He said "spokes, they're an upgrade but most buyers want them." I thought to myself this is a perfect opportunity to buy probably the only Harley I actually like. He'll want to move the Silver 04 which I like because it has FI, but I want the cast wheels with tubeless tires on the 05. I believe list price was $14,300 but Harleys were still selling for above list then.
I said "OK you want me to buy something and I want to help you out, I'll give you $13,100 for that ugly gray and black 04 and to sweeten the deal you can swap the nice spoke wheels over to the 05 and put the cast wheels on it."
After shuffling papers on his desk and jokingly calling me every name in the book he said "OK it'll be ready tomorrow."

Some do but really that's a stereotype. Like saying all "rice rockets" have loud Yoshumira exhausts, or dirt bikes always scream with obnoxious pipes.....Jgarciajr40_imp said:Never really cared for Harley’s. They always scream boomer bike with obnoxious pipes to me. I do like the v-rod and if I had the money I’d buy the Pan-America. Their normal line up imo is just ehh.
They don’t want my generation buying their products imo.
Thanks and hey that’s a heck of a trade up going to a goldwing. If I did a lot of highway miles that would probably be my bike of choice. My first ride on a m/c was on a goldwing. I was around twelve (1977) and by my cousins house when his neighbor pulled his wing out to wash. After it was clean he gave us all rides - imagine that today without talking to any parents?Ollie_imp said:2012 with the 103 is a nice Street Glide.
I'm Harleyless for the first time since 2004 having sold my Road King to buy a Goldwing.
They are a traditional company and old traditions die hard. Who else would design a new 4 valve head and keep the pushrods?Jgarciajr40_imp said:Never really cared for Harley’s. They always scream boomer bike with obnoxious pipes to me. I do like the v-rod and if I had the money I’d buy the Pan-America. Their normal line up imo is just ehh.
They don’t want my generation buying their products imo.