What is your "go to" jacket for hot weather?

When I was younger, I would ride my 900 Ninja with a t-shirt but full face helmet, people would tease me that if I wrecked doing 150 MPH, by the time I stopped sliding down the road, only my head and helmet would be left.
Now I hardly ever ride without at least a mesh jacket and summer glove....plus the helmet of course, and long pants.
 
When it's warm, I ride a perforated leather jacket and leather trousers. The perforated leather lets the wind thru, which is quite comfortable in hot weather.

f35532d197a660f92552473abb6a9843.jpg


Currently I ride a NC Deflector Shield. At the bugs impact on my jacket, you can see, where it protects me from the slip stream. So I do not need a wind tunnel to check this out. :P
 
Lately, an AGV Sport GP Corsa perf. leather/textile hybrid. For the longest time, I wore a Tourmaster perf. leather Coaster Air. I'm on the slim side, and I love the fit and finish of AGV and Tourmaster. I think I've got 5 or 6 jackets, and they're all those two brands.
 
BMW venting machine jacket. It really moves the air and it does appear to have as good of protection as you can imagine a textile jacket would have.
 
On road trips I use a Tourmaster mesh Jacket (Intake 3,0). Around town I wear a Cycle Gear Bilt mesh jacket as it is less heavy. Yeah its inexpensive, but it was my first non-leather jacket and I like it.

However around here I notice that a LOT of riders just wear T-shirts, flip flops or tennis shoes and no gloves. Hummm
 
Just to add to the Joe Rocket recommendations, while I have loved my JR mesh for a long time now the quality of the product is definitely not their strong point. Ingenuity at the price point, definitely. I've replaced the armor in mine twice, each time it disintegrates after a season or two! Like it literally falls to pieces... If you go with a JR I would highly recommend replacing the pads with heavier duty aftermarket pads.
 
Back
Top