What is your "go to" jacket for hot weather?

Powerdogg55

Running like a top
Thread starter
I know it's almost Christmas but my wife wants to buy me a mesh jacket and my eyes have crossed looking at the specs, reviews, etc. on these items. Need something that offers some protection, high vis, and moves some air. If you could only have one.....what would it be?
 
The Olympia Switchback is very similar to the Tourmaster, I think. I like mine a lot. I went with Olympia because my Honda dealer stocks it and they had my jacket on sale at the time. http://olympiamotosports.com/catalog/mens-switchback-mesh-tech-jacket/

Joe Rocket has come out with a few new sharp looking jackets that seem to be a step up in quality from what they used to offer in mesh...better abrasion resistance and D30 armor in some. Happy hunting!
 
I really enjoyed my Joe Rocket Phoenix mesh this past summer. Lots of air flow and does have some armor. It is also nice that their sizing is true to the American build and that the price was good from revzilla
 
I wear a Tourmaster mesh jacket on hot days.
I have/had several Tourmaster jackets over the years and find them to be good value and good quality for the price.
 
Tourmaster for me on the CB... I have a Moto...(something... can't remember the full name) jacket for the KLR, and of course a Harley mesh jacket for the Super Glide.
 
Dainese mesh and also a Revitt multi layer with the liners removed. Both are excellent. I've used both in Florida on 88 degree days and while anything is hot at those temperatures, it kept me cooler by keeping the sun off me and allowing wind thru between stop lights. Stop lights in Florida are like mini microwave ovens. But good gear reflects the sun's rays as well. Stay away from black.
 
RST Ventilator II. Actually, it's my only jacket. Pterodactyl keeps at me to get a leather one, but I wouldn't wear it much at all—well, only if I went on big rides south. It has OK protection and waterproof and thermal layers that zip. Easily. I think RST is now up to the Ventilator IV.
 
Thread starter
Thanks guys! I've look at every jacket mentioned on this thread and they all get excellent ratings and reviews. One couldn't go wrong on any of these. The Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 was ordered from Revzilla. Merry Christmas!
 
Did you buy the spine protector? If not, I recommend getting one to fit in the jacket or there are a couple of stand-alone back protectors that get good reviews (Force Field is one)
 
Good deal dogg! May it bring you many summers of safe riding!
 
I swap out the spine protector from my Katmandu to use in the Pheonix 5.0. It's CE rated and since I only use the Katmandu in the late fall/winter/early spring colder weather.
 
Good quality mesh jacket with armor. Friend has one with all sorts of liners and zippers to make it a three season jacket.
Been using a Triumph brand for last ten years, just can't justify replacing yet. Local motorcycle police wear Olympia.
Try a few on for fit and style. Buy quality.
 
Man I'm the wrong guy to ask. I wear T-shirt, shorts, and Teva sandals for local trips, and add comfy athletic shoes for longer trips. I DO wear a Shoei full face helmet though lol

Just never got in to the full body cover in the summer, love the free tan on the arms lol
I'm the polar opposite of the Harley guys I see, all decked out in leather from neck to toe and no helmet on the noggin....I got my noggin covered but I'm gonna suffer serious road rash at the least if things go south....more incentive to keep it between the ditches
 
Swami you are a brave man... To admit that on the internet lol
 
Back
Top