27 and its my first bike. There's a thriving retro market in LA but it's almost entirely hipsters on Bonnevilles. Not that there's anything wrong with Bonnie's, but I'm 6'1 and felt very uncomfortable on one
I got the CB because I love the ujm style and dig the heritage. It looks a lot like my dad's first bike, and apparently every other boomer's I meet on the road. Definitely stands out amongst other modern bikes.
From 1966 to 1989, I rode everything from a Hodaka Ace 90 to a 1982 Goldwing Aspencade. Then I took a 25 year hiatus.
Returned to motorcycling on my 68th birthday when I bought a CB500XA. Rode 33,000 happy kilometers on that bike.
I celebrated my 71st birthday on May 8th (VE Day), but had to wait 10 days for my present to arrive. Traded the CB500XA in on my 2017 CB1100 EX. Just love the looks of this machine.
I am 45 and just bought my 2014 CB1100A this spring.
I loved the new CB as soon as I laid eyes on it in '14 at my local dealer. I sat on it a number of times and was surprised at how comfortable it was. This spring when I finally decided to buy another motorcycle it was on the short list, just to make sure I sat on every naked model I could find - none were as comfortable for me and the CB's build quality just seemed so much better (as well as looks). It was just a stroke of luck that a very lightly used one popped up and I snatched it up right away.
I really enjoy this older crowd as the time I have spent on the sport bike boards, when I owned a sport bike, was filled with ignorant young punks and cocky jerks playing mine is bigger than yours. This site is mature, informative, and refreshing.
I really enjoy this older crowd as the time I have spent on the sport bike boards, when I owned a sport bike, was filled with ignorant young punks and cocky jerks playing mine is bigger than yours. This site is mature, informative, and refreshing.
This is my first forum experience and I echo your sentiments about it.
I have no sport bike experience but I will add that the latest/newest/younger (whatever you want to call it) HD generation acts in pretty much the same manner. I'm so over it.