What is it!?

Second time on the cb, guy on an FZ-07 pulls up next to me at a light and says, "I love your Honda. I've always wanted one of those Shadows."
 
Yes, I have had several people ask me what year was the bike. Or ask if I did the restoration myself. A lot of lookers.
2014 Delux with a few add ons.
 
I came out of the Home Depot the other day and three guys were standing around my 2014 std cb. I circled around them and as I went to mount up the older guy says "that's a beautiful restoration". I just smiled and said "yup, just like new".
 
Pt51mustang_imp said:
I came out of the Home Depot the other day and three guys were standing around my 2014 std cb. I circled around them and as I went to mount up the older guy says "that's a beautiful restoration". I just smiled and said "yup, just like new".
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
 
pwh421_imp said:
Pt51mustang_imp said:
I came out of the Home Depot the other day and three guys were standing around my 2014 std cb. I circled around them and as I went to mount up the older guy says "that's a beautiful restoration". I just smiled and said "yup, just like new".
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
Me too, but I usually tell them the difference :D
There are so few of these bikes in Canada (2013/14 only) that most people don't know they exist.
I live in the largest city in this province and the local dealer only received two 13's and two 14's. I was lucky to be standing there when the 14's arrived and grabbed one before it hit the showroom floor.
I don't know if any other dealers got any or not. My dealer is the largest here so I'm thinking it was only they who got the bikes - but I could be wrong.
 
I have a black standard and while I was putting gas in a guy walks over and says, "That thing is cool. Is it a resto or is it new?"

You know the rest of the story...
 
Rocky_imp said:
pwh421_imp said:
Pt51mustang_imp said:
I came out of the Home Depot the other day and three guys were standing around my 2014 std cb. I circled around them and as I went to mount up the older guy says "that's a beautiful restoration". I just smiled and said "yup, just like new".
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
Me too, but I usually tell them the difference :D
There are so few of these bikes in Canada (2013/14 only) that most people don't know they exist.
I live in the largest city in this province and the local dealer only received two 13's and two 14's. I was lucky to be standing there when the 14's arrived and grabbed one before it hit the showroom floor.
I don't know if any other dealers got any or not. My dealer is the largest here so I'm thinking it was only they who got the bikes - but I could be wrong.
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
Me too, but I usually tell them the difference :D
There are so few of these bikes in Canada (2013/14 only) that most people don't know they exist.
I live in the largest city in this province and the local dealer only received two 13's and two 14's. I was lucky to be standing there when the 14's arrived and grabbed one before it hit the showroom floor.
I don't know if any other dealers got any or not. My dealer is the largest here so I'm thinking it was only they who got the bikes - but I could be wrong. It's the same in BC. The only ones I've ever seen in the flesh around Vancouver are another white one and a red and blue. The bike almost generates enough questions that it warrants an "about" sign like people put up on their dash at classic car shows.
 
kmoney_imp said:
Rocky_imp said:
pwh421_imp said:
Pt51mustang_imp said:
I came out of the Home Depot the other day and three guys were standing around my 2014 std cb. I circled around them and as I went to mount up the older guy says "that's a beautiful restoration". I just smiled and said "yup, just like new".
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
Me too, but I usually tell them the difference :D
There are so few of these bikes in Canada (2013/14 only) that most people don't know they exist.
I live in the largest city in this province and the local dealer only received two 13's and two 14's. I was lucky to be standing there when the 14's arrived and grabbed one before it hit the showroom floor.
I don't know if any other dealers got any or not. My dealer is the largest here so I'm thinking it was only they who got the bikes - but I could be wrong.
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
Me too, but I usually tell them the difference :D
There are so few of these bikes in Canada (2013/14 only) that most people don't know they exist.
I live in the largest city in this province and the local dealer only received two 13's and two 14's. I was lucky to be standing there when the 14's arrived and grabbed one before it hit the showroom floor.
I don't know if any other dealers got any or not. My dealer is the largest here so I'm thinking it was only they who got the bikes - but I could be wrong. It's the same in BC. The only ones I've ever seen in the flesh around Vancouver are another white one and a red and blue. The bike almost generates enough questions that it warrants an "about" sign like people put up on their dash at classic car shows.
I've heard that twice while out on rides.. It makes me smile.

-Peter
Me too, but I usually tell them the difference :D
There are so few of these bikes in Canada (2013/14 only) that most people don't know they exist.
I live in the largest city in this province and the local dealer only received two 13's and two 14's. I was lucky to be standing there when the 14's arrived and grabbed one before it hit the showroom floor.
I don't know if any other dealers got any or not. My dealer is the largest here so I'm thinking it was only they who got the bikes - but I could be wrong. It's the same in BC. The only ones I've ever seen in the flesh around Vancouver are another white one and a red and blue. The bike almost generates enough questions that it warrants an "about" sign like people put up on their dash at classic car shows.
That's hilarious...and actually not a bad idea..lol. I have the same thing happen to me every time I stop the bike - literally.... I don't think I will ever get tired of explaining it either.
Its such a great bike to look at, talk about ..and of course ride! ;)
 
Yep. Wasn't sure if anyone would notice. Was at long stop light and guy in truck pulled up and kept looking over. Finally he yelled thru his window ... "OK, I have to ask, is it a restoration". This has happened a couple of times. Probably get about same number of looks/questions for my cherry 91 Nighthawk 750.
 
Go ride with someone with a new Triumph Bonneville. No one will even notice you anymore. It happened again yesterday riding with my brother. We stop at a gas station and as I am filling up I notice a guy headed my brothers way and in the mic I say "you're about to have company". Sure enough guy walks up asks what year his Triumph is, proceeds to tell about the 75 Triumph his dad owned. Never even glanced my way lol. If I am alone people will walk up and ask about the Honda, but if I'm riding with my brother, the Honda is virtually invisible.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Go ride with someone with a new Triumph Bonneville. No one will even notice you anymore. It happened again yesterday riding with my brother. We stop at a gas station and as I am filling up I notice a guy headed my brothers way and in the mic I say "you're about to have company". Sure enough guy walks up asks what year his Triumph is, proceeds to tell about the 75 Triumph his dad owned. Never even glanced my way lol. If I am alone people will walk up and ask about the Honda, but if I'm riding with my brother, the Honda is virtually invisible.
I will give that theory the East Coast try soon. My son just bought a T100 Bonnie, he's picking it up on Saturday. The Rebel didn't hold his attention very long. :cool:
 
Chapomis_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Go ride with someone with a new Triumph Bonneville. No one will even notice you anymore. It happened again yesterday riding with my brother. We stop at a gas station and as I am filling up I notice a guy headed my brothers way and in the mic I say "you're about to have company". Sure enough guy walks up asks what year his Triumph is, proceeds to tell about the 75 Triumph his dad owned. Never even glanced my way lol. If I am alone people will walk up and ask about the Honda, but if I'm riding with my brother, the Honda is virtually invisible.
I will give that theory the East Coast try soon. My son just bought a T100 Bonnie, he's picking it up on Saturday. The Rebel didn't hold his attention very long. :cool:
Lol..no it didn't. What's it been, 2 weeks?
 
Got another "what year is that?" inquiry just yesterday while stopped at a light from a guy in a beautiful Porsche convertible. The fun never stops!
 
I was getting gas a couple weeks ago and a young guy got out of his car and looked over at my bike and told me he thought my bike was beautiful. I have never had that happen with any of my previous bikes.
 
Similarly, I'm used to a lot of strangers coming up and wanting to know more about my "restored" 2013 Royal Enfield Military.

 
While I get the "what year is that?" question on a fairly regular basis, today I decided to have some fun with it.

As I came out of the post office this morning I saw two older gentlemen standing by my CB having a discussion. When I got there they wanted me to settle their disagreement. One said he was sure it was a late 70s model, probably a 79. The other was pretty certain that it had to be from the early 80s. Chuckling to myself I told them that those were both good guesses, but that the key to identifying this model was to take a good look at the carbs. After some looking and head scratching, I let 'em off the hook and pointed to the VIN tag on the steering head. After some laughs all around I told 'em that they did well to get within 3 decades. :P
 
When I was coming south through GA. from OH. with Mikes CB on my trailer I stopped for fuel and a bev. I was sitting on the trailer off to the side when an elderly black man walked up and asked about the bike.
He looked it over, noted that it was injected and read the year on the vin tag.
Told me how much he liked the bike. We talked a bit and he told me he had a CBX.
He had bought it new, and had also gotten a bunch of speed parts for it from Japan.
We talked for about a half hour and I heard all about his exploits racing all his buddies. He had just recently pulled the bike out of his brothers basement where it had languished for a number of years and was having the engine rebuilt. He was on his way to see how the shop was doing. I gave him my card and told him to please send me an email with plenty of pics after he got it back. I'm looking forward to seeing them ;)
 
I personally love the fact that our CB is a rare breed. I went on a ride with my buddy's riding crew, which was composed of almost entirely cruiser types, and as soon as I pulled up I was getting all the questions: "That's a nice restoration. What year is it?"

"2014? No way!"

And the way I have it CAFE'd out now it's even harder to identify. It's fun, lol.
 
My most interesting conversation around the CB was with a 40-somethng guy who had a CB1100F in his younger days, but had never heard of the CB750. I had a hard time convincing him that he wasn't looking at a tribute to the 1100F. I'll bet he was at the dealership the next day.

It doesn't take a Bonneville to flush out the Triumph people. You only need the Triumph badges on your tank. My Sprint GT (long-distance and 2-up touring bike) so far gets as much attention as the CB. There are plenty of 60/70-somethings out there that had Bonnevilles in the 1960's and 70's. Most of them don't know that Triumph has been back in business for 20 years.

Gus
 
Back
Top