Hi HondaFan, I have small LED running lights on my bikes, and the gauge of wire that came from each light was very small, almost like thread. In wiring them to their power sources, I didn't go any larger than what was coming out of the lights themselves. This allowed for some 1/4" heat shrink tube to be used to run them to their power sources without being very visible.
Just curious, where are you going to mount them? Mine are on the fender brackets.
If only there was a formula that could be used to figure out the current draw
Using 20 watts and 13.8 v, the current draw is ~1.5 amps (I=P/E), so I=20/13.8
You can vary the voltage to, like, 12v to 14.5. I can’t remember what it is when the bike is running. Current will be less as the voltage rises if power stays constant.
I’d use 8 ga. wire just to be safe. KIDDING, KIDDING. 20 or 22 ga. will be fine. Like Gone says the wires included are usually really small ga.
If only there was a formula that could be used to figure out the current draw
Using 20 watts and 13.8 v, the current draw is ~1.5 amps (I=P/E), so I=20/13.8
You can vary the voltage to, like, 12v to 14.5. I can’t remember what it is when the bike is running. Current will be less as the voltage rises if power stays constant.
I’d use 8 ga. wire just to be safe. KIDDING, KIDDING. 20 or 22 ga. will be fine. Like Gone says the wires included are usually really small ga.