What are people paying for the 2017 CB1100s?

A lot of cosmetic changes to the EX for 2019. Fork gaiters, painted fenders (plastic instead of steel?), all silver motor, painted (plastic?) side covers replacing the hand finished brushed aluminum, silver colored intake runner covers replacing the black with the chrome accent, black finished footpeg mounting plates instead of the polished and clear coated mounts, stripes on the tank, contrast piping on the seat. The changes make the new bike look pretty different and perhaps cheaper to manufacture. I prefer my 2017, but that’s totally subjective.
 
+1 '19 EX in red (from the photo image anyway).

- - -

Probably been discussed before, but why are the front signals positioned differently between the EX and standard?

Mmm, bummer, looks like no CB1100s for Canada in '19.
 
apex1_imp said:
A lot of cosmetic changes to the EX for 2019. Fork gaiters, painted fenders (plastic instead of steel?), all silver motor, painted (plastic?) side covers replacing the hand finished brushed aluminum, silver colored intake runner covers replacing the black with the chrome accent, black finished footpeg mounting plates instead of the polished and clear coated mounts, stripes on the tank, contrast piping on the seat. The changes make the new bike look pretty different and perhaps cheaper to manufacture. I prefer my 2017, but that’s totally subjective.
all very interesting. I wouldn't trade my '17 for a '19 even if they come to the US, but presuming interchangeability of most parts, it will be good to have OEM fork gaitors, OEM black side covers (if they are still aluminum under the paint) and even perhaps the black footpeg mounts ("garnishes"?) as accessory items for the earlier bikes. If the painted fenders are still metal, this is also a good development visually, IMHO: the spoked wheels (and now all silver DLX-like engine) made for a lot of chrome and alloy on the '17, and the painted mudguards are a nice retro touch.
all very interesting. I wouldn't trade my '17 for a '19 even if they come to the US, but presuming interchangeability of most parts, it will be good to have OEM fork gaitors, OEM black side covers (if they are still aluminum under the paint) and even perhaps the black footpeg mounts ("garnishes"?) as accessory items for the earlier bikes. If the painted fenders are still metal, this is also a good development visually, IMHO: the spoked wheels (and now all silver DLX-like engine) made for a lot of chrome and alloy on the '17, and the painted mudguards are a nice retro touch.

oh, and EX evidently comes in blue also. in japan. RS also gets new colors ホンダCB1100/EX/RS 2019モデルチェンジ情報【CB1100はタンク3L増量】
 
Flynrider_imp said:
iamheero_imp said:
gogoAZ_imp said:
Sorry to hear about that. Glad you're whole.

I paid $10K out the door when I purchased my CB earlier in the year.

Now you also mention the Africa Twin and GS. No doubt, both are awesome. Having owned an Africa Twin, and currently own a R1250GS-A, you have to ask yourself the standard questions. What kind of riding are you going to do? You said touring, commuting and riding around town. You can definitely do all with the CB, as you probably know already. The AT can do it all too, but it is set up more for off road riding than interstate touring. But, still an awesome bike! The GS, can do it all too, but at a higher price tag. Plus, it's kind of big for just a quick run around town (at least when fully farkled).
Could have been a lot worse of a crash! I was thinking F800GS more than the R1200, I don't need anything that HUGE. SoCal is great in that there's a lot of different biomes to explore, off-road isn't something I do currently but there are AMPLE opportunities here in the mountains or the deserts, hence the look at the ADV bikes. Like you said, great all-rounders too with a little extra if you want to get dirty.

One thing that pushed me more towards another CB versus a T120 which is super similar was that I'd already done all the maintenance items up through the 36k oil change so I'm familiar and they're all easy. There are 2 '17s in the LA/Orange County area I'm looking at, one listed at $9k (private party) and one at a dealer for $8.5k and both with 1,000 or ~4,000 miles respectively.
The ferret_imp said:
bummer sorry to here about the bike but glad you are ok iamhero. Deicing gravel in LA?
Haha sort of. A lot of people don't know this actually (and I didn't until I moved here) but LA is surrounded by massive 10,000+ ft mountains (some of the best riding roads in the world!) which get ice and snow all the time in the winter. This was about a week after the last rain (or snow in the mountains, I guess) so there was a lot of this crap all over the road. I was going to grab lunch on the other side of one of them, and got a little unlucky on the way. Looking forward to getting back on the horse ASAP though!
Those both sound like decent deals for a '17. Until recently I was shopping for a '17 model. There weren't any used ones available in my area. The lowest dealer prices for a new one were (and still are) around $10K. If you add the usual dealer markups, along with tax, title and license, the OTD prices are around $12K.

If I could have picked up a lightly used one for $9K from a private party (no tax), I would have jumped at it.

If you'll recall, the really hot deals on the '14 models didn't show up until Honda decided to clear the warehouses earlier this year. If you're willing to wait another 2 or 3 years, it might happen for the '17 models (or they might be all gone by then).

If you'll recall, the really hot deals on the '14 models didn't show up until Honda decided to clear the warehouses earlier this year. If you're willing to wait another 2 or 3 years, it might happen for the '17 models (or they might be all gone by then).
iam..., Based on a recent conversation with my Honda Motorsports Dealer in Middletown, NY, there are no ‘17 CB1100s in Honda’s warehouse available to order. However, I cannot tell you whether this is Northeast US situation or nation-wide, one warehouse, several warehouses, etc. (didn’t ask). My advice is to check with the Honda Dealer in your area to see whether there are ‘17 leftovers in your area warehouse before assuming there will be a warehouse inventory clearance in the future. This way, you will have an better idea you are dealing with.

Now this begs the question of how many ‘17 CB1100s were imported to the US? As restricted as the ‘14 Deluxe and ‘13 ABS models? A new thread topic, or did we have this discussion already?
 
Pherhaps the more interesting of the news is that Honda are actually still manufacturing the cb1100 despite not very hot sales over the last nine years, they seem to pick up markets like thailand, vietnam etc as well according to youtube postings of new proud owners, good news all around i think, there were only two new cb1100's offered by dealers in NZ this year, not two models, two bikes, and last years hung around for a year before they finally sold.
 
max_imp said:
Pherhaps the more interesting of the news is that Honda are actually still manufacturing the cb1100 despite not very hot sales over the last nine years, they seem to pick up markets like thailand, vietnam etc as well according to youtube postings of new proud owners, good news all around i think, there were only two new cb1100's offered by dealers in NZ this year, not two models, two bikes, and last years hung around for a year before they finally sold.
That's an important perspective to keep in mind when trying to sell your used CB and wondering why very few people seem to be interested in it.
 
If that is truly a '19 EX I like it! (although not fond of the silver air cleaner covers..would prefer black) would also prefer black calipers.

Chrome inst covers and headlight bucket std? Nice
 
The ferret_imp said:
If that is truly a '19 EX I like it! (although not fond of the silver air cleaner covers..would prefer black) would also prefer black calipers.

Chrome inst covers and headlight bucket std? Nice
The chrome inst covers and headlight bucket carry over from the 2017. According to the Japanese website, they have kept the SDBV forks that are used for 2017. So the fork gaiters might be an easy slip on for a 2017 EX if you like the look.
 
The ferret_imp said:
If that is truly a '19 EX I like it! (although not fond of the silver air cleaner covers..would prefer black) would also prefer black calipers.

Chrome inst covers and headlight bucket std? Nice
I agree with Ferret about calipers and air boxes. if the latter turn out to be aluminum (as they appear in pics) I might consider getting them powder coated black. have never much liked the plastic-y nature of the stock covers, even though, historically, I believe they have always been black or body-color plastic.
 
Love the all aluminum engine, the crown jewel of this motorcycle. The red and blue models are beautiful with complementary side covers and fenders. The fenders really make the alloy wheels stand out. The stripes on the tank are a nice accent and make it look less bulbous. But The Ferret is right, the air cleaner covers would look better in black.

The tires are Dunlop. The 17 EX had obsolete Dunlop tires that were not available in the North America. I wonder if Honda has made the same blunder in 2019.
 
The ferret_imp said:
If that is truly a '19 EX I like it! (although not fond of the silver air cleaner covers..would prefer black) would also prefer black calipers.

Chrome inst covers and headlight bucket std? Nice
The photos I posted are on Honda's Japanese web site, so you can be more than reasonably confident, I think.

There's no guarantee the engine or other colours won't change if it's exported to other countries.

I'm with max: it's good news that Honda is still making the bike. It must be selling well somewhere!
 
apex1_imp said:
gogoAZ_imp said:
Sorry to hear about that. Glad you're whole.

I paid $10K out the door when I purchased my CB earlier in the year.

Now you also mention the Africa Twin and GS. No doubt, both are awesome. Having owned an Africa Twin, and currently own a R1250GS-A, you have to ask yourself the standard questions. What kind of riding are you going to do? You said touring, commuting and riding around town. You can definitely do all with the CB, as you probably know already. The AT can do it all too, but it is set up more for off road riding than interstate touring. But, still an awesome bike! The GS, can do it all too, but at a higher price tag. Plus, it's kind of big for just a quick run around town (at least when fully farkled).
$10k including freight and all applicable sales tax and title fees?
$10k including freight and all applicable sales tax and title fees?
$9,989.00 was the exact amount I paid. That included every tax, title, AZ's ridiculous registration fees, dealer prep, freight, doc fees, etc., and a 5 year extended warranty plan.
 
Thread starter
gogoAZ_imp said:
apex1_imp said:
gogoAZ_imp said:
Sorry to hear about that. Glad you're whole.

I paid $10K out the door when I purchased my CB earlier in the year.

Now you also mention the Africa Twin and GS. No doubt, both are awesome. Having owned an Africa Twin, and currently own a R1250GS-A, you have to ask yourself the standard questions. What kind of riding are you going to do? You said touring, commuting and riding around town. You can definitely do all with the CB, as you probably know already. The AT can do it all too, but it is set up more for off road riding than interstate touring. But, still an awesome bike! The GS, can do it all too, but at a higher price tag. Plus, it's kind of big for just a quick run around town (at least when fully farkled).
$10k including freight and all applicable sales tax and title fees?
$10k including freight and all applicable sales tax and title fees?
$9,989.00 was the exact amount I paid. That included every tax, title, AZ's ridiculous registration fees, dealer prep, freight, doc fees, etc., and a 5 year extended warranty plan.
$10k including freight and all applicable sales tax and title fees?
$9,989.00 was the exact amount I paid. That included every tax, title, AZ's ridiculous registration fees, dealer prep, freight, doc fees, etc., and a 5 year extended warranty plan.
That seems like a great deal for a new one!
 
iamheero_imp said:
Hey all, sad news!

My 2014 is no more, probably. That said, the bike was with me for years and almost 40k trouble-free miles and I want another. It's just such an easy bike to own, maintain, and ride that I can't find another that's better for my all-around needs (touring, commuting, riding around town) with aesthetics I can stand (otherwise I may be looking at a GS/Africa Twin or something).

I'm looking at the '17 now and wondering what people paid. I want to go in with a general idea of what to offer. I paid 7500 new OTD for my '14 a few years back, wondering if the '17s are likewise going for such deep discounts, and if not, what should I expect.

If it helps, I'm in L.A., CA.
Sorry for your bike damage. Glad you're O.K. If you feel like selling a part from the wreck to another fellow owner see the P.M. I sent you. I also laid 'er down but my crashbars prevented most of the damage.
 
Thread starter
Searcher_imp said:
iamheero_imp said:
Hey all, sad news!

My 2014 is no more, probably. That said, the bike was with me for years and almost 40k trouble-free miles and I want another. It's just such an easy bike to own, maintain, and ride that I can't find another that's better for my all-around needs (touring, commuting, riding around town) with aesthetics I can stand (otherwise I may be looking at a GS/Africa Twin or something).

I'm looking at the '17 now and wondering what people paid. I want to go in with a general idea of what to offer. I paid 7500 new OTD for my '14 a few years back, wondering if the '17s are likewise going for such deep discounts, and if not, what should I expect.

If it helps, I'm in L.A., CA.
Sorry for your bike damage. Glad you're O.K. If you feel like selling a part from the wreck to another fellow owner see the P.M. I sent you. I also laid 'er down but my crashbars prevented most of the damage.
Yeah my crash bars worked great on the engine, the bike was still able to drive me home fortunately. What a tank this bike is. But the handlebars bent and crushed the tank, the dashboard sticks out enough past the forks to crack, and the headlight assembly was toasted. No crash bars on those parts unfortunately!
 
Back
Top