West Side Story

Ben70_imp

Been there
Thread starter
Had a chance between rain storms to scoot across the valley into the foothills west of Willows. Enjoyed a great ride with temps mainly upper 50s. Hills are starting to green up nicely.
Finally got to give the Conti Road Attacks a good run, very satisfied. Along with good handling they soak up irregularities well. They replaced a set of PR3's with approximately 12,000 miles on them, I don't expect that much from these but I like them so far. About 100 miles, 2 hours, great fun!
One of my favorite pauses on this loop...


Ben
 
Ben70_imp said:
Thanks! I love the Corbin but may not have tried it if I had my hip replaced first. :)

Ben
So fairly straight forward with hip? Recovery time?
 
Thread starter
Yes, pd that worked well. Two months to pretty good, a little over a year to not ever thinking about it.
Highly recommended if you need it. Putting my sock on was impossible without "tools" and riding more than 45 minutes was bad. When I rode to Shady it was not good. Longer rides are a pleasure now.

Ben
 
Thanks for sharing Ben70. Why is this one of your favourite pauses in the loop?


The lump looks good with the red tank against the backdrop scene.
 
Ben, what is the black device on your cool top case do? How does it work?
 
Thread starter
Hi y'all... First, the top box. GIVI Dolomiti with the optional top rack/tie down point which I find mainly useful for perching stuff that would otherwise end up on the ground. Glasses while helmeting up, soda, lunch, etc. And I thought it looked cool.
The backrest pads are also optional and mainly to hide the exposed hinges on the front of the box. Box works well.

Tires are Conti Road Attack 120 front 160 rear. I like them a lot.
This is one of my favorite stops on this loop because it's a big place to park, it's about halfway, and from here you can decide to alter the loop and head south through Elk Creek and Stonyford and come out of the hills near Maxwell, or north past Black Butte and come out near Orland or Corning .
Also you can walk out on the abandoned bridge and watch Stony Creek run by. Used to cross the creek on it when I was in high school.

Finally, nobody asked but I cut down my windscreen to the Ferrets' specs, 11.25" above the key slot and it works great!! Looks like a poodle with a bad haircut but the windscreen and box both come off in no time.

Ben
 
What Dolomiti is that? The 30?

I like it. Less Weber barbecue looking than my V40.
 
Nice report Ben. Glad the hip surgery worked out for you. Nice not living with pain isn't it?
 
Ha! Thanks, Ben. Most days my biggest cargo is my lunch and snack and coffee pod resupplies for work. I’d like a sleek aluminum briefcase to adapt to a Monokey plate, but that would take a lot of work. The Dolomiti would be a plug and play solution. Now I know what it would look like!
 
Another Givi that I'd like to see on a CB1100 is the E36NA. It's a plain, black box with no fake taillights or gee-gaw trim. I think it's a reissue of an older style. Possibly a bit more "period correct" for our bikes. If anyone is sporting that box, I'd love to see a picture of it on the bike.
 
Thanks, Popgun. Know of anyone here using one? I'd be interested to see is on the bike, and can't find any pics of this box on a CB on the web.
 
I don’t, but maybe someone will jump in here.
 
Back
Top