Well congratulations all

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
For picking a winner

Rider Magazine came in the mail a few minutes ago. In column One track Mind by Editor Mark Tuttle titled "The People Have Chosen", he reports Rider let people vote on their People's Choice Motorcycle of the Year 2013. Survey was open for 4 weeks. Honda swept top 2 positions and a Beemer came in third.

The winner with 13.1% of the vote was the new Honda Goldwing Bagger F6B

Right behind that with 12.6% of the vote (only 1.5 % behind the winner was.......

The Honda CB 1100!

Woohooo

3rd place with 11.7% was the BMW R 1200GS

Those 3 bikes garnered nearly 40% of the vote.
 
Yeah, the "Darkwing" is pretty cool, until you see the price :(

I still think we have one of the best built and most unique rides going. I still have not encountered another CB 1100 in my area.
 
A couple months ago I bought an F6B, gotta say it's a pretty cool ride for many different reasons and I've been riding 2 wheels since 1962...................just try it!
I'm a stalker here since I won't have the 1100 until September..........but I do have a 1975 CB750 and '78 CB550, so I hope you don't mind me lurking around.
 
cbfan_imp said:
A couple months ago I bought an F6B, gotta say it's a pretty cool ride for many different reasons and I've been riding 2 wheels since 1962...................just try it!
I'm a stalker here since I won't have the 1100 until September..........but I do have a 1975 CB750 and '78 CB550, so I hope you don't mind me lurking around.
I, for one, like anybody who is a fan of the CB11, and I love Texas. I'm live in Arizona but my 20 year old son left this morning in his Mustang to head back to Texas to start his junior year at Texas A&M. Gig 'Em!!!

Chip
 
The F6B is quite the machine, but oh man, heavy! I'd love to see a naked GL1600 (or smaller). The CB1100 would have been fine for me as a CB750 and a wee bit lighter. If I need power I have other choices. I fear that a 750 would have been just a tad too small in the frame department so the 1100 it is. Feels about what a CB900F felt like that I rode a couple times back in the day (but without the tank slapper habit if you let go of the bars).

Gonna try very hard to not ride a F6B and have my mind changed. :)
 
Thread starter
rboe, they also test the 1400 Guzzi California in this issue.
 
I fit the touring better than the custom on those California's. Not sure about the forward controls; we'll have to see; perhaps when I retire I score on one for touring. I'm hearing nothing but about them which is very odd for a Guzzi. :)
 
cbfan_imp said:
A couple months ago I bought an F6B, gotta say it's a pretty cool ride for many different reasons and I've been riding 2 wheels since 1962...................just try it!
I'm a stalker here since I won't have the 1100 until September..........but I do have a 1975 CB750 and '78 CB550, so I hope you don't mind me lurking around.
Cbfan when you get the 1100, you would be among the few, having a fine armada of inline 4 CBs in your garage..! the 1/2, the 3/4 and the full size.. !!
 
Honda is definitely on a roll. Not only with unique and cool bikes like the F6B and the CB, but theyre also building a whole new set of bikes aimed at new and re-entering riders. The CTX line in particular looks like it could really take off.

I'd like to see them build a naked bike based on their flat six Goldwing engine. That would be a hoot! (No, NOT a Rune reduex!)
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Honda is definitely on a roll. Not only with unique and cool bikes like the F6B and the CB, but theyre also building a whole new set of bikes aimed at new and re-entering riders. The CTX line in particular looks like it could really take off.

I'd like to see them build a naked bike based on their flat six Goldwing engine. That would be a hoot! (No, NOT a Rune reduex!)
That was the Valkyrie.

 
Randy B_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Honda is definitely on a roll. Not only with unique and cool bikes like the F6B and the CB, but theyre also building a whole new set of bikes aimed at new and re-entering riders. The CTX line in particular looks like it could really take off.

I'd like to see them build a naked bike based on their flat six Goldwing engine. That would be a hoot! (No, NOT a Rune reduex!)
That was the Valkyrie.
Saw a couple of them last week, heavy machinery nice...!
 
Randy B_imp said:
The Spaceman_imp said:
Honda is definitely on a roll. Not only with unique and cool bikes like the F6B and the CB, but theyre also building a whole new set of bikes aimed at new and re-entering riders. The CTX line in particular looks like it could really take off.

I'd like to see them build a naked bike based on their flat six Goldwing engine. That would be a hoot! (No, NOT a Rune reduex!)
That was the Valkyrie.
That was the Valkyrie.


Heck, I would kill for Honda to add two more cylinders to our CB and revive the CBX :-)
 
Interesting. Three very different types of bikes, too.

Ya know, when I first saw the F6B on the Honda website, I really liked it. Cool. Different. Even sorta edgy. But when I saw one a few months later on the showroom floor, my immediate reaction was "meh." There's just something about it that looks wrong to my eyes. The CB, on the other hand, I found even more attractive in real life than in photos. Of course, I'm obviously biased on that point. :D

And, as others have mentioned, Honda has gone bonkers with their pricing on 'Wings in the last decade. I realize the target market is generally an older and therefore relatively wealthy one, but still... While the F6B is a little more reasonable, a decked out top-o-the-line 'Wing is well over $30K after TT&L, warranty, etc. Really? For a motorcycle? I admit I can be pretty cheap at times, but that's just ridiculous.
 
I have a black standard F6 and have no paint problems, yes it does feel "soft" but I don't have a problem...........but many on the F6 forum are not happy. Actually this is an age old problem, if you will search the net for Honda Vehicle paint problems you will find all kinds of problems with their cars and vans....................and Honda did very little to help (one model extended warranty and a few they repainted only parts of the vehicle). I can bet they won't do a thing for their motorcycle line, when they did basically nothing for the hundred of thousand 4 wheels.
 
Thread starter
cbfan_imp said:
I have a black standard F6 and have no paint problems, yes it does feel "soft" but I don't have a problem...........but many on the F6 forum are not happy. Actually this is an age old problem, if you will search the net for Honda Vehicle paint problems you will find all kinds of problems with their cars and vans....................and Honda did very little to help (one model extended warranty and a few they repainted only parts of the vehicle). I can bet they won't do a thing for their motorcycle line, when they did basically nothing for the hundred of thousand 4 wheels.
This surprises me. I have/ had 9 Honda 4 wheelers since 1991....3 Civics, 3 Accords, 1 CRV, 1 Odyssey, and 1 Ridgeline. My son drives a Pilot, my daughter drives a CRV and my son in law drives an Accord. We have never had an issue with paint. The sheet metal on my Civics have been thin and door ding very easily, but no paint issues. Ive had 160, 305, 350 twin, 350/4, 450, 750, 1300 and now 1100 cc Honda motorcycles and never a paint issue.
 
I've owner pretty much everything. Frankly the FB6 is a disappointment for me because it's not all that significantly different from the standard wing. The Valkrie had some common connections to the wing of it's day but it was clearly for a different market.

A undated Magna would be my best wish from Honda. I've owner three Magna's and just sold the third one. I needed to make some garage space as let the older bikes (the bikes with carbs) go.

I doubt there is a market but I'd buy a NEW Magna TODAY. Fuel injection, ABS brakes. Always loved the size and smooth power of the Magna.
 
Back
Top