wingman1946_imp
First service completed
Thread starter
I don't find the weight in the specs. Anyone have it?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
540 lbswingman1946_imp said:I don't find the weight in the specs. Anyone have it?
According to the July Cycle World test, 517 lbs. empty tank, 542 full.wingman1946_imp said:I don't find the weight in the specs. Anyone have it?
According to the July Cycle World test, 517 lbs. empty tank, 542 full.Firstfour_imp said:According to the July Cycle World test, 517 lbs. empty tank, 542 full.wingman1946_imp said:I don't find the weight in the specs. Anyone have it?
wingman1946_imp said:How does the power delivery compare to the DOHC 750. I'm having a problem getting the local dealer to let me ride one.
You guys are making it sound pretty good. I convinced the dealer to give me the test ride tomorrow. Not open on Monday. Had to pay my insurance agent to add one month of Collision coverage on my Harley to cover the CB1100. Cost $7.Rolls_imp said:Compared to 750: Tons of torque across the rev band. You don't have to wind it out, unless you really want to.
Compared to '83 650 Nighthawk: feels much closer to the Nighthawk than the 750 in the way it carries its weight. It has 100 pounds on the Nighthawk and if it was falling over in the garage, I'm sure you'd feel it, but underway, it feels maybe 30lbs heavier. It's very lithe under way. Remarkably so.
wingman1946_imp said:How does the power delivery compare to the DOHC 750. I'm having a problem getting the local dealer to let me ride one.
My bikes are both older and I only carry minimal liability.Do my own fixing. Had to get collision so they could cover damage to the test bike.The ferret_imp said:Wingman..I think you'll find the biggest diff between the Nighthawk 750 and the 1100 once you start approaching 4000 and up. The 750 had no extra kick (at least mine didn't) the 1100 has plenty of punch. Also the 1100 has kick ass front binders where the Nighthawk 750s was just so so.
You have to be kidding about the insurance. My insurance has always covered anything I was test riding or driving.