Papa Weeley_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
It seems every motorcycle forum I'm on, no matter how diverse, I keep hearing from other members that also have either a Triumph Bonneville, or a 650 V-Strom. Since I already own a Bonnie, I thought I'd check out the Suzuki...
Went and sat on one at the dealership yesterday, and I have to say, I was pretty surprised at how comfortable it was. I could use a little more legroom, but that's my problem on most bikes anyway, and from what I understand, they have a higher seat option available, too. And they had some nice discounts on a couple of 2014 models that were hard to beat.
I've just started doing a little research on them, and it sounds like they're pretty much bullet-proof, although not exactly a hardcore off-roader (although no less than a Triumph Scrambler, no doubt).
So, anyone here have one that they can offer any details or opinions about? I'm just kind of toying with the idea at this point, but I am pretty interested.
Went and sat on one at the dealership yesterday, and I have to say, I was pretty surprised at how comfortable it was. I could use a little more legroom, but that's my problem on most bikes anyway, and from what I understand, they have a higher seat option available, too. And they had some nice discounts on a couple of 2014 models that were hard to beat.
I've just started doing a little research on them, and it sounds like they're pretty much bullet-proof, although not exactly a hardcore off-roader (although no less than a Triumph Scrambler, no doubt).
So, anyone here have one that they can offer any details or opinions about? I'm just kind of toying with the idea at this point, but I am pretty interested.
A friend rode his DR400S on our mountain trip w no issues a few years back. Over 2k miles, though we don't ride on interstates on our trips. My son's going to be taking his DR on our fall trip. That said, the DR650 has a lot stronger motor and is lighter and faster than a KLR. The Vstrom I really like is the 1000, though it wouldn't be that great as a serious off-roader imo.