Webike is pretty hilarious

What caught my eye was the price....$2,430.40. OUCH!!!!!
 
I got an an automated reply from them in Kanji. I ran it through the Google translator and man was that a hoot! I can just imagine what they say about us...

Edited to add: I'm not buying anything that has an "overwhelming presence of (go read it yourself! this is a family board)"
 
And, I quote from the Webike site:

so good that the merit of an exhaust sound scratches all out, although it is slightly large and I also regard slowing back as how it is in styling -- sound is carried out.

Huh???
 
Yeah I'd agree with that. Every time I look something up on webike I have to stop looking at the words because it drives me crazy.
 
M3-SRT8_imp said:
And, I quote from the Webike site:

so good that the merit of an exhaust sound scratches all out, although it is slightly large and I also regard slowing back as how it is in styling -- sound is carried out.

Huh???
Something is always lost in translation. I'm certain it makes perfect sense in Japanese. I spent nearly 18 years of my life on Okinawa, and I always get a huge kick from seeing advertisements that translate to English.

All time favorite... "I Feel Coke"



Engrish.com - Documenting the Engrish phenomenon from East Asia and around the world!
 
An old thread this, but it reminds me of a description from Honda's original CB750 Workshop Manual, describing the styling of the then new 'K2'...
"The side cover is change of shape and design sporty-looking"!
I loved that.

A comedy show here in the UK from 1961, had a Japanese radio ham saying "It are not raining here also"!!
(
)

Great fun. But their English is 1000% better than my Japanese.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
An old thread this, but it reminds me of a description from Honda's original CB750 Workshop Manual, describing the styling of the then new 'K2'...
"The side cover is change of shape and design sporty-looking"!
I loved that.

A comedy show here in the UK from 1961, had a Japanese radio ham saying "It are not raining here also"!!
(
)

Great fun. But their English is 1000% better than my Japanese.
And Google Translate is much better than five years ago. ;)

It even translates non-text based languages (e.g. Asian, Russian, etc.) with ease.
 
You're right, GO, and instantly too. The app on my 'phone translates whole tracts of texts Instantly! And quite accurately too.
 
Bazbro_imp said:
You're right, GO, and instantly too. The app on my 'phone translates whole tracts of texts Instantly! And quite accurately too.
A good way to test it is to translate it back to English. It doesn’t always come out the way you started.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
You're right, GO, and instantly too. The app on my 'phone translates whole tracts of texts Instantly! And quite accurately too.
A good way to test it is to translate it back to English. It doesn’t always come out the way you started.
A good way to test it is to translate it back to English. It doesn’t always come out the way you started.
"Love you long time."
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Bazbro_imp said:
You're right, GO, and instantly too. The app on my 'phone translates whole tracts of texts Instantly! And quite accurately too.
A good way to test it is to translate it back to English. It doesn’t always come out the way you started.
A good way to test it is to translate it back to English. It doesn’t always come out the way you started.
"Love you long time."
A good way to test it is to translate it back to English. It doesn’t always come out the way you started.
"Love you long time."
:rolleyes::beerchug::clap:
 
I must be missing something.
 
An example of strange translation, especially during the late '60s / early '70s during the peace movement and the Vietnam war. I think Yoko Ono said it a few times too.
 
When I was in the Navy the girls in Olongapo, PI used to say that. Usually they said "Me lub you long time"

Or 2 Live Crew has a song that features that line. Its "Me So H...."
Google it and watch the video.
 
ef4a9fe879ae375ecd821d381284e203.jpg
 
Back
Top