Waterless washing my CB

MilanPlavak_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I just did my first waterless washing of my CB. I used Chemical Guys Ecosmart Hyper concentrate, three small microfibre towels, two buckets of clean water just to wash microfibre towels. I touched all parts but breaks. I did it on parking lot in front of my block of flats by a very clean way, no mess, no foam flowing on the pavement. It has been a very discreet way of cleaning the motorbike in the street without malignant glances of my neighbours. Generally it is forbidden in my city to wash a bike on a street, but this waterless way seems to be a solution for me to avoid that high pressure cleaning in car wash stations. Overall result has been more than satisfactory.
 
MilanPlavak_imp said:
I just did my first waterless washing of my CB. I used Chemical Guys Ecosmart Hyper concentrate, three small microfibre towels, two buckets of clean water just to wash microfibre towels. I touched all parts but breaks. I did it on parking lot in front of my block of flats by a very clean way, no mess, no foam flowing on the pavement. It has been a very discreet way of cleaning the motorbike in the street without malignant glances of my neighbours. Generally it is forbidden in my city to wash a bike on a street, but this waterless way seems to be a solution for me to avoid that high pressure cleaning in car wash stations. Overall result has been more than satisfactory.
Curious, what is the thought behind forbidding the washing of bikes on the street? Safety? Environmental? What is the penalty for doing such a thing?
 
Do you have spokes? I found I have two ways to deal with muddy spokes, don’t clean at all, or use a pressure cleaner ...
 
My ol' '14 CB1100 never saw a garden hose nor a foamy lather. However, it often got pounded by Mother Nature in the parking lot. Incredibly, little spotting and streaking. Probably the most spotting was on the muffler and fenders.
 
Had no idea that the world in and around Point Pelee Nat Park, beyond it’s natural beauty also comes with a naturally cleaning, soft rain water. But sure enough, if I lived in this area I would want a CB ;}
 
MilanPlavak_imp said:
I just did my first waterless washing of my CB. I used Chemical Guys Ecosmart Hyper concentrate, three small microfibre towels, two buckets of clean water just to wash microfibre towels. I touched all parts but breaks. I did it on parking lot in front of my block of flats by a very clean way, no mess, no foam flowing on the pavement. It has been a very discreet way of cleaning the motorbike in the street without malignant glances of my neighbours. Generally it is forbidden in my city to wash a bike on a street, but this waterless way seems to be a solution for me to avoid that high pressure cleaning in car wash stations. Overall result has been more than satisfactory.
I tend not to believe anything anyone tells me unless I see the pics.. pics of motorcycles.. CB1100 preferably

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
Phadreus_imp said:
MilanPlavak_imp said:
I just did my first waterless washing of my CB. I used Chemical Guys Ecosmart Hyper concentrate, three small microfibre towels, two buckets of clean water just to wash microfibre towels. I touched all parts but breaks. I did it on parking lot in front of my block of flats by a very clean way, no mess, no foam flowing on the pavement. It has been a very discreet way of cleaning the motorbike in the street without malignant glances of my neighbours. Generally it is forbidden in my city to wash a bike on a street, but this waterless way seems to be a solution for me to avoid that high pressure cleaning in car wash stations. Overall result has been more than satisfactory.
Curious, what is the thought behind forbidding the washing of bikes on the street? Safety? Environmental? What is the penalty for doing such a thing?
Curious, what is the thought behind forbidding the washing of bikes on the street? Safety? Environmental? What is the penalty for doing such a thing?
Well, it seems like environmental issues are forbidding washing on the street. Municipality authorities do not like the idea of streets full of flowing foam on public areas.
j3gq_imp said:
Do you have spokes? I found I have two ways to deal with muddy spokes, don’t clean at all, or use a pressure cleaner ...
Yes I have. Fortunately there was no mud on them this time so I could do waterless cleaning easy. Probably if too muddy I would use a pressure cleaner too.
 
I wouldn’t use a pressure washer on a motorcycle regardless of make. There are too many electrical connections where soap and water could find a way in. Even with a garden hose I use a small spray. My two cents , and never had an electrical issue.
 
I wet-washed my bike once - when I got it home, to give it a good cleaning and get it detailed to my standards. Since then, nothing but detail spray every week or so to keep it looking tip-top. I get up under the fenders and do the undercarriage when its on the center stand for chain lubrication. I'm lucky, however, to have a daily commute on fairly clean highways, and I don't ride in the rain (suicidal in my area, as it rains so infrequently that everyone freaks out).
 
I can't imagine a LA freeway that seldom sees rain feels like upon its "first rain".

It must be slick, but maybe not as bad as it would have been in the 1960s and 70s. (improved cage quality seems to exhibit less oil leaks)

Nevertheless, all the brake dust mashing up with the rain water must make a nice spicy road broth.
 
Yeah, less oily, more dirt. However, have to admit that I got caught in a sudden downpour on my way home from work on Wednesday. Very odd for Southern California in August. Only rained for about five minutes, and I was in my wife's car (thankfully not on my bike... someone had vandalized our company van, so I had spent the morning scouring some local junkyards). I had just detailed the car, so I was not happy. But, when I got home, I was able to towel off the water and even the undercarriage was still clean but wet.

Mostly it's the general panic that occurs when the roads get wet here. Very erratic driving, and I prefer to have a car around me in such situations.

Modern spray-and-wipe products are very effective at encapsulating dirt and leaving a nice shine. I find that keeping up with the dust and bugs on the bikes regularly makes traditional washing unnecessary for my type of riding.
 
I recently bought a MetroVac car/bike dryer , 8 hp and it gives a lot of air to prevent water spots on my wife's car , useful on drying bikes too
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Yeah, less oily, more dirt. However, have to admit that I got caught in a sudden downpour on my way home from work on Wednesday. Very odd for Southern California in August. Only rained for about five minutes, and I was in my wife's car (thankfully not on my bike... someone had vandalized our company van, so I had spent the morning scouring some local junkyards). I had just detailed the car, so I was not happy. But, when I got home, I was able to towel off the water and even the undercarriage was still clean but wet.

Mostly it's the general panic that occurs when the roads get wet here. Very erratic driving, and I prefer to have a car around me in such situations.

Modern spray-and-wipe products are very effective at encapsulating dirt and leaving a nice shine. I find that keeping up with the dust and bugs on the bikes regularly makes traditional washing unnecessary for my type of riding.
Ugg. :dodgy: Why do people do that? What a waste of skin.
 
Back
Top